Topic: Diogenes - AKA Rii's m-ITX Build.

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
YUS!

Case has just been assigned a tracking number and is being shipped!

YAY! Estimated shipping time?

Reply #25 Posted: March 26, 2015, 06:23:35 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
18 weeks

Reply #26 Posted: March 26, 2015, 07:44:31 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
YUS!

1 week.

Hopefully it will be expedited once it hits NZ due to having it delivered to the Mrs. work (air force base).

Reply #27 Posted: March 27, 2015, 08:42:37 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
YUS!

1 week.

Hopefully it will be expedited once it hits NZ due to having it delivered to the Mrs. work (air force base).

or held up longer and investigated as a Potential terror threat and WMD

Reply #28 Posted: March 27, 2015, 08:52:59 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hah, it has a supplier number attached to it which identifies it as goods ordered from base.

Next purchase will either be a Silverstone SFX PSU or a slot loading DVD drive.
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:05:30 am by Retardobot

Reply #29 Posted: March 27, 2015, 09:03:27 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Hah, it has a supplier number attached to it which identifies it as goods ordered from base.

Next purchase will either be a Silverstone SFX PSU or a slot loading DVD drive.

Go for the SFX PSU next and mount it in case, then you can debate al your cable management terrors :)

Reply #30 Posted: March 27, 2015, 09:35:52 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

A sound proposal.

Mayhem - after a bit of advice dude.

Because I'm not buying everything in one massive hit, I can afford to splurge on components here and there where I think the money spent will be beneficial. With this in mind, I've taken into account your comment that the H100i would be overkill if I'm not going to be an OC enthusiast.

In theory, would it be a good idea to grab an H50 for the CPU and another closed loop liquid cooler for my GPU? I say in theory because having 2 individual 120mm rads may not fit into the dual 120mm rad area in the Ncase - also having 2 sets of tubing running in the Ncase might be impossible.

I have seen photos of people running a 120mm single fan rad on the outside of the M1 by screwing it on to the exhaust fan slot, but I'd like to keep everything on the inside of possible.
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:08:18 pm by Retardobot

Reply #31 Posted: March 27, 2015, 09:50:39 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
A sound proposal.

Mayhem - after a bit of advice dude.

Because I'm not buying everything in one massive hit, I can afford to splurge on components here and there where I think the money spent will be beneficial. With this in mind, I've taken into account your comment that the H100i would be overkill if I'm not going to be an OC enthusiast.

In theory, would it be a good idea to grab an H50 for the CPU and another closed loop liquid cooler for my GPU? I say in theory because having 2 individual 120mm rads may not fit into the dual 120mm rad area in the Ncase - also having 2 sets of tubing running in the Ncase might be impossible.

I have seen photos of people running a 120mm single fan rad on the outside of the M1 by screwing it on to the exhaust fan slot, but I'd like to keep everything on the inside of possible.

Hmmmm, Definitely recommend the H60SE over the H50 for your CPU. for that extra $$ you get a better fan, tubing, heatsick/pump (the 50 is old 60).

Now if you wanted to run an additional AIO cooler for the GPU you run into clearance issues with the radiators (see image) as they are slightly longer then a 120mm fan slot to fit pump tubing and this will clash with each other. Been there done that with external mounted fans for radiators, would ruin the looks of such a small case also the V3 has a 92mm exhaust?

In all honesty an AIO GPU cooler set-up is not required now that you will be going with Nvidia, providing you get your hands on an external exhausting card. The 9 series cards run cooler and quieter then AMD counterparts while drawing less watts and if you want to run a less aggressive fan profile you can due to a much higher thermal overhead.

Here I found one for you :) http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=24422

Reply #32 Posted: March 27, 2015, 01:02:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Thanks for the info!

Hmm, that's a good card, well priced. Might get 2.

Reply #33 Posted: March 27, 2015, 01:05:50 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
why not just make your own w/c loop with a double thick 120mm rad and run it with a higher flow rate and fan.

Reply #34 Posted: March 27, 2015, 01:06:36 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
why not just make your own w/c loop with a double thick 120mm rad and run it with a higher flow rate and fan.

Because effort/maintenance/weight/casesize/money/bored/notneeded.

Reply #35 Posted: March 27, 2015, 01:09:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Mayhem is right.

It's an m-ITX (no room for pump/reservoir). I'm going with a closed loop pre-made kit because of cost and ease of installing. Making a custom loop is way too much effort. It's a project in of itself.

Reply #36 Posted: March 27, 2015, 01:22:52 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Because effort/maintenance/weight/casesize/money/bored/notneeded.
Possibly the best post in GS yet.

Reply #37 Posted: March 27, 2015, 02:41:35 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
fair call, ive seen all in one res + pumps that would fit your needs, but i do see the point, i'll personally never build a full big watercooled rig again.

Reply #38 Posted: March 30, 2015, 06:52:31 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Have been watching the track and trace like a god damn hawk.

Taiwan's Postal Service are probably worried they're getting a DDoS attack with the amount of times I'm refreshing the page.

Once it arrives, I'll begin a build log if anyone is keen. Will mean cleaning out this thread so I don't double up on threads.

Keen to post some videos of stuff going in other stuff (hnnggg).

Reply #39 Posted: March 30, 2015, 11:22:34 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
You found special flavour mobo to use yet? And would highly recommend going with a m.2 SSD during the build phase be near imposibro to fit one after.

Reply #40 Posted: March 30, 2015, 12:49:26 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I've not settled on anything, but I only want a middle of the road mobo. One with wifi at the very least. Not interested in MEGA TURBO FSB, 47 CHANGING LED LIGHTS AND A ROBOTIC ARM TO WIPE YOUR ARSE ONCE YOU SHIT YOURSELF FROM SEEING THE PRICE TAG.

Also, case landed in Auckland this morning. Hopefully it doesn't hang around in customs too long.

Reply #41 Posted: March 30, 2015, 04:37:49 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
I've not settled on anything, but I only want a middle of the road mobo. One with wifi at the very least. Not interested in MEGA TURBO FSB, 47 CHANGING LED LIGHTS AND A ROBOTIC ARM TO WIPE YOUR ARSE ONCE YOU SHIT YOURSELF FROM SEEING THE PRICE TAG.

Also, case landed in Auckland this morning. Hopefully it doesn't hang around in customs too long.

I had a Gigabyte Z77n-wifi good bang for buck. Nice option http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21830

Reply #42 Posted: March 30, 2015, 05:27:30 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I had a Gigabyte Z77n-wifi good bang for buck. Nice option http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21830

For whatever reason none of the Z97 boards have mSATA (on CL). Just something to be aware of.

The B85N version does though.

Only an issue if Rii wants mSATA.

Reply #43 Posted: March 30, 2015, 05:44:57 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Mrs. just sent me some sexy nudes.

Apparently it showed up this morning via NZPost. Not bad. Was shipped on the 26th, came from Taiwan. However for $40USD on shipping I'm glad I got my money's worth.

Will post more photos of it when I get my hands on her..I mean, It.

Reply #44 Posted: March 31, 2015, 11:29:49 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted

For whatever reason none of the Z97 boards have mSATA (on CL). Just something to be aware of.

The B85N version does though.

Only an issue if Rii wants mSATA.

Ahh good spot, this one has m.2 for speedy ssd (mSATA's replacement) http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21820

Reply #45 Posted: March 31, 2015, 11:44:01 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
except it looks like msata is on reverse...

Reply #46 Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:56:40 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Ahh good spot, this one has m.2 for speedy ssd (mSATA's replacement) http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21820

Wewt nice one. Didn't see that ASUS one.

M.2 ALMOST makes we want to rebuild my pc

Reply #47 Posted: March 31, 2015, 02:37:52 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Holy crap this case is so much smaller than I anticipated. Monty Python DVD for scale.

Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:13:37 pm by Retardobot

Reply #48 Posted: March 31, 2015, 08:22:06 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Holy crap this case is so much smaller than I anticipated. Monty Python DVD for scale.

No attachment?

Reply #49 Posted: March 31, 2015, 08:32:13 pm