Topic: The official NFL (National Football League) thread

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Nice pick there man, it was quite a hammering as well.

Shame the Saints lost second week in a row as well (in overtime too!). Hope this is not the start of a downhill slide.

Reply #50 Posted: December 29, 2009, 08:50:08 am
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
i would be concerned if i was a saints fan, as i am being a vikings fan.....

still, on the couch with a beer waiting for monday night football:)

Reply #51 Posted: December 29, 2009, 12:10:07 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1042807
i would be concerned if i was a saints fan, as i am being a vikings fan.....

still, on the couch with a beer waiting for monday night football:)

I am a little. Shame Vikings lost to Chicago yesterday.

Reply #52 Posted: December 30, 2009, 02:23:38 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TuataraDude;1043178
I am a little. Shame Vikings lost to Chicago yesterday.

now i am MORE concerned, however at least they showed some life to come back from 16-0 down and 23-6 down midway thru 3rd quarter.

eagles and cards look stronger at the moment i have to say, tho tbh any of the NFC playoff teams could run the field

Reply #53 Posted: December 30, 2009, 06:15:14 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;1042783
LOL - oh glorious day. Not only did the Colts lose their unbeaten record, but i had a little flutter on the Jets to knock them over. :finger:

We were leading up until they took Peyton & co out of the game.

200 yds offense compared to 10 yds of offence when Peyton was on and off the field.

Reply #54 Posted: January 01, 2010, 12:38:29 am

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
I don't know who does the odds for the TAB on the NFL, but they don't seem to have a clue. I just dropped a small amount on the Bengals to beat the Jets. Now, the Jets may well win the game (because they get to the playoffs if they do), but the Bengals are paying $4.50! So the TAB thinks they're rank outsiders - go figure. :confused:

edit: the more i saw, the more i liked. I got some money on the Patriots - paying $3.60! against Houston. And the Pats to be AFC champs at $5.50. The reason i like that one is that the Colts hold no fear for the Pats, in fact if anything, the Colts will be worried about us getting through :finger:

Reply #55 Posted: January 01, 2010, 02:15:21 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1043914
I don't know who does the odds for the TAB on the NFL, but they don't seem to have a clue. I just dropped a small amount on the Bengals to beat the Jets. Now, the Jets may well win the game (because they get to the playoffs if they do), but the Bengals are paying $4.50! So the TAB thinks they're rank outsiders - go figure. :confused:

edit: the more i saw, the more i liked. I got some money on the Patriots - paying $3.60! against Houston. And the Pats to be AFC champs at $5.50. The reason i like that one is that the Colts hold no fear for the Pats, in fact if anything, the Colts will be worried about us getting through :finger:

hah, might be worth a wee flutter that, I have been known to make a little on american sports before

Reply #56 Posted: January 01, 2010, 07:43:35 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
$4.00 on the Colts to win...are the TAB insane!?

Time to cash in baby!!!
Like hell there's gonna start Curtis Painter after that fiasco + the Bills are nowhere as good as the Jets (injury prone, lackluster defence unlike the Jets, the best defense in the NFL....)

Reply #57 Posted: January 02, 2010, 05:30:55 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: TofuEater;1043914
I got some money on the Patriots - paying $3.60! against Houston.

How the fuck did that happen? 21 unanswered points in the final quarter - just when i thought my money was safe. And it looks like Wes Welker is out of the playoffs. :(

Reply #58 Posted: January 04, 2010, 10:45:04 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1044117
$4.00 on the Colts to win...are the TAB insane!?

Guess not:

Colts lose to the Bills 7-30
Saints lose to Panthers 10-23
Vikings pulverise the Giants (you'd be happy there Devil)

More here http://www.nfl.com/scores

So the Wild Card round looks like this:

Jets Vs Bengals
Ravens Vs Patriots
Eagles Vs Cowboys
Packers Vs Cardinals

Reply #59 Posted: January 04, 2010, 06:56:21 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: TuataraDude;1044735
Eagles Vs Cowboys

Interesting rematch given that the Cowboys blanked them today. You don't want to give a side momentum like that.

Reply #60 Posted: January 04, 2010, 08:08:00 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
Quote from: TofuEater;1044780
Interesting rematch given that the Cowboys blanked them today. You don't want to give a side momentum like that.

Yeah well the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since '96.

Reply #61 Posted: January 05, 2010, 12:34:46 am

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
Quote from: nz_wing;1045094
Yeah well the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since '96.

Well I hope they do win this one. Eagles frequently seem to be able to topple the Saints with alarming frequency. I would rather someone knocked them out before they got through to try to topple them again :).

Reply #62 Posted: January 05, 2010, 07:10:20 am

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
Well i hate the Cowboys, gogo Eagles.

Reply #63 Posted: January 05, 2010, 04:22:59 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: nz_wing;1045512
Well i hate the Cowboys, gogo Eagles.

eagles got owned.... and jets beat bengals

meaning Vikes - Cowboys at Minnesota

AFC unclear depends on tomorrow

Winner of packers cards takes on saints

Reply #64 Posted: January 10, 2010, 09:57:27 pm

Offline Aezra

• Devoted Member
  • Aezra has no influence.
This is a little off topic but not too much.

I read this thread today and noticed you guys talking about the TAB and how their odds for American sports are a bit screwed sometimes. So I thought I might go check out what they had going for NHL games. Both Calgary and Detroit (go Redwings!) were paying about $2.50 to win. I thought that sounded a bit off, Calgary is only 2 places behind Vancouver (who were paying $1.30) and Detroit, even though they have been injury plagued so far this season and are sitting on about 12th, had some players returning. It turned out Calgary won 3-2 and Detroit won 4-1! $10 on each :)

So it seems like it definately pays to keep an eye on the odds, especially if you're an avid fan.

Reply #65 Posted: January 11, 2010, 12:18:35 am

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
Wp by the Cowboys, i feel sorry for Mcnabb and Andy Reid though.

Oh well, time to hate on another team.

GOGO RAVENS SMASH THOSE PATRIOTS UP!!

Reply #66 Posted: January 11, 2010, 02:46:50 am

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: nz_wing;1048533
GOGO RAVENS SMASH THOSE PATRIOTS UP!!

I can't believe they're not showing it on Sky. It's on now. I was playing golf yesterday so i missed the games, but i managed to see some of the Jets/Bengals game on the replay.

Reply #67 Posted: January 11, 2010, 07:55:18 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1048544
I can't believe they're not showing it on Sky. It's on now. I was playing golf yesterday so i missed the games, but i managed to see some of the Jets/Bengals game on the replay.

better hope they play better than that first quarter.....ravens 24-7 currently, was 24-0 after first quarter:sly:

Reply #68 Posted: January 11, 2010, 08:13:18 am

Offline TofuEater

24-7 at halftime. The Pats blew a great opportunity with 2:50 or so to go in the half. :(

Reply #69 Posted: January 11, 2010, 08:39:46 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Ray Rice had a field day againts the Pats and it dont see the Pats jobs getting any easier against SD

I watched the first 1/4 of the Arizona game and thought the cardinals were gonna run away with it

Spoiler :
got back after a game of tennis to see Arizona missing a goal to leave the game at 45 all at full time

Cardinals defence was mean in overtime to get that turn over and the win

Reply #70 Posted: January 11, 2010, 05:05:09 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: maorifulla;1048732
Ray Rice had a field day againts the Pats and it dont see the Pats jobs getting any easier against SD

I watched the first 1/4 of the Arizona game and thought the cardinals were gonna run away with it

Spoiler :
got back after a game of tennis to see Arizona missing a goal to leave the game at 45 all at full time

Cardinals defence was mean in overtime to get that turn over and the win

man that was a good game, tho naturally happy to see the packers lose they made an awesome comeback.

so next week

Vikings - Cowboys
Saints - Cardinals
Colts - Ravens
Chargers - Jets

Should be some good games, NFC games especially look pretty awesome.

Reply #71 Posted: January 11, 2010, 05:48:03 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
Cards vs Pack's was intense! 1024 total scrimmage yards, HOTDAMN.

Btw, BL Tofu, time to jump the bandwagon.

Reply #72 Posted: January 11, 2010, 10:54:20 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1048766
Vikings - Cowboys
Saints - Cardinals
Colts - Ravens
Chargers - Jets

So then:

Go Vikings - (a little bit for your sake there Devil:))
Go Saints - Ch-Ch-Chang

The rest I am indifferent to.

Reply #73 Posted: January 12, 2010, 07:50:53 am

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: nz_wing;1048970
Btw, BL Tofu, time to jump the bandwagon.

I can't believe how shit Brady played - it was more what i would have expected from him in the rookie Superbowl appearance. To be fair, he got fuck all pass protection early on and i knew it was going to be a hard ask given the holes in the Pats defence, but we'll come back stronger next year.

Go the Ravens - its going to be a hard-ass revengefest against the Colts next week. I'm picking Ray Lewis is already practising on tackle dummies with Mannings face drawn on them. :rnr:

Reply #74 Posted: January 12, 2010, 10:03:23 am