Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Why does steam never ever remember my password, no matter how many times I click 'remember my password'?

Reply #800 Posted: July 08, 2015, 09:40:50 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

And be sure to hold your handbag/backpack away from your body straight out from the shoulder, as to block off the maximum amount.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

PS, In light of the apparent fact that people are (d)evolving into fuck'n gastropods, I'm thinking of joining the NZ olympic walking team. Wanna be my training partner Xeno? I seems like we'd have a good shot at a gold/silver finish :>
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:00:24 am by Pyromanik

Reply #801 Posted: July 09, 2015, 07:54:12 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
And be sure to hold your handbag/backpack away from your body straight out from the shoulder, as to block off the maximum amount.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
()#*@HUH#@RH@IK@

PS, In light of the apparent fact that people are (d)evolving into fuck'n gastropods, I'm thinking of joining the NZ olympic walking team. Wanna be my training partner Xeno? I seems like we'd have a good shot at a gold/silver finish :>
See now there's an idea! Imagine what we could do as a team... We could draft, and also steer slow people into buses with our powerful walking skills.

Reply #802 Posted: July 09, 2015, 10:17:33 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
People that drive up to traffic lights, but then stop miles away from the limit line and the coil for activating the lights.

I'm usually stuck behind the gormless twits!

Grrrrr!

Reply #803 Posted: July 09, 2015, 12:42:26 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
People that drive up to traffic lights, but then stop miles away from the limit line and the coil for activating the lights.

I'm usually stuck behind the gormless twits!

Grrrrr!

^ people who don't understand those coils suck
I remember once, there were people waiting to turn right at the traffic lights, but they were too far over (almost on the wrong side of the road because of a car that was in the wrong place before the lights went red) and they weren't sitting on top of the coils

So I pulled up to the left of them (in the right hand turning lane, on top of the coils) and the lights changed, and then when I went around the corner, nobody would let me merge back in, like I was the one being dumb by trying to 'skip traffic' or something

Urgh, you're welcome, dicks.

Reply #804 Posted: July 09, 2015, 12:55:30 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline rjhall01

• I Posted!
  • rjhall01 has no influence.
Windows 8...Enough said

Reply #805 Posted: July 09, 2015, 09:15:58 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Windows 8...Enough said

who....who are you?

What do you think you're doing? Do you even know what this is?

Reply #806 Posted: July 10, 2015, 08:03:17 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Took bike in for a WOF at local motorcycle shop. Shop owner tells me "Oh, your bikes low on oil too" I ask "Low? How low? Badly low?" He says "Oh, I don't know" 

Facepalm
Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:32:08 pm by Pitchey

Reply #807 Posted: July 10, 2015, 08:30:33 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Client asks for price on 16 page book.
Client accepts price. Proceeds to provide content for book - 40 pages worth.
Client wants PDF proof in 4 days based on the garbage content they've provided. Inconsistent, contradictive and 0 order on how the content is supposed to be laid out.
Do my best. 4 days, 40 page proof is finished.

Client responds with "it's inconsistent" and provides changes via breaking down my original PDF proof, laying up each page in a FUCKING POWERPOINT DOCUMENT and re-PDFs.

I see dumb people.

Reply #808 Posted: July 13, 2015, 11:41:44 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Windows 8...Enough said

Technically you have not said enough. Not by a long shot.

Reply #809 Posted: July 13, 2015, 12:29:55 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
People that blindly criticise things and then don't back them up with facts

Reply #810 Posted: July 13, 2015, 03:39:36 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
icwatudidthr

Reply #811 Posted: July 13, 2015, 03:43:50 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

People who radically abbreviate sentences.

Reply #812 Posted: July 13, 2015, 03:47:03 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
People who radically abbreviate sentences.

?

Reply #813 Posted: July 13, 2015, 06:08:32 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #814 Posted: July 13, 2015, 06:10:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
There's this website called SumOfUs. I signed a petition they were hosting once, I forget what it was for. Ever since I have received an ungodly amount of spam from them. 1-2 emails daily.

Their most recent spam is - "We have legal fees, we're being sued by corporations etc etc. Please donate $1". Every god damn day it's an email asking to donate something to someone.

Replied with this:

"Good. You're bloody annoying.

"We need to pay for parking, will you donate $1"
"We forgot bacon for breakfast, will you donate $1"
"Our cars got impounded while getting the bacon because we didn't pay for parking, will you donate $1".

Reply #815 Posted: July 17, 2015, 10:24:16 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
There's this website called SumOfUs. I signed a petition they were hosting once, I forget what it was for. Ever since I have received an ungodly amount of spam from them. 1-2 emails daily.

I got an interesting email from Spring.me today, formerly known as Formspring:
Meet the new Spring.me!

Exciting news, Tiwaking “tiwaking” ! :-)

Spring.me has joined forces with Twoo and now has 30% more charm, 40% more love and 70% more awesomeness.

And the extra cool thing? Your new Twoo account is ready for you, right now. Your important Spring.me data also made the switch! You're welcome! ❤

Who are Twoo? Well. A google search leads to this fantastic article:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/03/a-year-of-spam-twoo/

Twoo, “the fastest growing place to meet new people,” has been spamming people for over a year.

Users have been complaining that they get unsolicited emails from the app, that the app messages all of their contacts without their understanding, and that it’s unclear how to delete their accounts.

I covered Twoo’s questionable growth techniques a year ago, when co-founder and CEO Lorenz Bogaert said it was “just not clear enough.” He claimed, “We do not send any messages without the prior consent of the user,” and said the company “had already decided to add an additional confirmation step to avoid any unintended actions.”

And yet, a year later, problems with Twoo persist. The connect with friends via email component, which is what users have complained about the most, looks functionally the same as when I wrote about the company a year ago.

Search “Twoo spam” on Twitter (don’t dare trying just “Twoo,” it’s an island of misfit grammar), and you’ll see user complaints from the past three years.

Reply #816 Posted: July 17, 2015, 06:59:05 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline rjhall01

• I Posted!
  • rjhall01 has no influence.
What grinds my gears is when Cost Co changes the locations of the products in their warehouse, so I have to find them all over again.

Reply #817 Posted: July 18, 2015, 07:45:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Spam bots that make seemingly normal posts.
Or normal users with spambot names.

Reply #818 Posted: July 18, 2015, 09:05:41 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

When the media refers to programmers as hackers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11486373

tbh, developing an algorithm for battleships is pretty simple anyway. At least try a more difficult game.

Reply #819 Posted: July 24, 2015, 04:38:18 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
They didn't help matters by calling the website http://www.hacktivate.com/ though! lol

Reply #820 Posted: July 24, 2015, 04:57:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

tbh, developing an algorithm for battleships is pretty simple anyway. At least try a more difficult game.

Enter and win then.

Reply #821 Posted: July 24, 2015, 05:21:32 pm

Enter and win then.

Na, I have to go to a children's birthday party. My battleship hacking days are over.

Reply #822 Posted: July 24, 2015, 08:23:18 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Jetstar cancelling my flight, getting me home 17 hours after I was scheduled to be home, and making me 5 hours late on my first day of work at my new job.

Reply #823 Posted: July 28, 2015, 08:35:08 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Jetstar cancelling my flight, getting me home 17 hours after I was scheduled to be home, and making me 5 hours late on my first day of work at my new job.
Should've gone to SpecSavers

Reply #824 Posted: July 28, 2015, 10:10:32 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-