Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Jonty, check yo PM plox!

Reply #20650 Posted: May 14, 2014, 03:11:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Break up with her now if this is what you're looking at.

Also, if you've been told this by your tutors - "you are looking at jobs that could take you here, here, here and here", don't get your hopes up. The marketing spin that is put on degrees and what tutors normally spout are far from the truth.

Coming from someone who produces material with this exact bullshit in order to convince people to take up a degree.

I've got about four leads on local jobs, and then two more NZ based jobs to fall through before this one becomes a possibility, it's just that this is the only one I really have questions about.

The people who told me 80% were the engineers they sent down to stand at their booth at an engineering jobs expo. I realise 80% is probably a gross overestimation. This company sell to over 30 countries around the world, but I'm sure that international travel will be based on ones performance. Fuck around and they'll ground you in a minute. At 27 I don't intend to fuck around.

The current plan is for me to work in chch for 3 or so years, then we uproot and travel or something. If I can't get a job in chch (that I find fulfilling) then we go long distance and re-evaluate then.

Reply #20651 Posted: May 14, 2014, 03:20:01 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Jonty, check yo PM plox!

doneburger

Reply #20652 Posted: May 14, 2014, 05:12:07 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
FYI all,

Snap just released new pricing structure today, includes (proper unshaped) unlimited options across all of our residential offerings.

www.snap.net.nz

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of advertising or whatever, but I know a few of you in this thread either currently are, or have previously been in touch with me about becoming, a Snap customer.

Feel free to flick me a PM if you want more info

Reply #20653 Posted: May 14, 2014, 05:14:14 pm

Codex

^sweet, good to hear x)

Probably won't change at this stage o__o

Reply #20654 Posted: May 15, 2014, 08:29:27 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Break up with her now if this is what you're looking at.

Also, if you've been told this by your tutors - "you are looking at jobs that could take you here, here, here and here", don't get your hopes up. The marketing spin that is put on degrees and what tutors normally spout are far from the truth.

Coming from someone who produces material with this exact bullshit in order to convince people to take up a degree.

I've got about four leads on local jobs, and then two more NZ based jobs to fall through before this one becomes a possibility, it's just that this is the only one I really have questions about.

The people who told me 80% were the engineers they sent down to stand at their booth at an engineering jobs expo. I realise 80% is probably a gross overestimation. This company sell to over 30 countries around the world, but I'm sure that international travel will be based on ones performance. Fuck around and they'll ground you in a minute. At 27 I don't intend to fuck around.

The current plan is for me to work in chch for 3 or so years, then we uproot and travel or something. If I can't get a job in chch (that I find fulfilling) then we go long distance and re-evaluate then.

Fuck that, travel first, family later.

Reply #20655 Posted: May 15, 2014, 09:22:02 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
FYI all,

Snap just released new pricing structure today, includes (proper unshaped) unlimited options across all of our residential offerings.

www.snap.net.nz

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of advertising or whatever, but I know a few of you in this thread either currently are, or have previously been in touch with me about becoming, a Snap customer.

Feel free to flick me a PM if you want more info

Want, cannot has.

Reply #20656 Posted: May 15, 2014, 09:23:21 am

Codex

Fuck that, travel first, family later.
agree

Reply #20657 Posted: May 15, 2014, 09:36:09 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Looking at flat tonight so I can save money for a howce and enjoy living in a bigger place.

Here's hoping it's the last bloody one I look at.

Reply #20658 Posted: May 15, 2014, 03:41:54 pm

Codex

gl broski

Reply #20659 Posted: May 15, 2014, 04:00:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Flat was a great success. Amazing place.

Only downfall is that it's in an Area that I'm not so crazy about, but It's Palmy and there aren't really any areas I AM crazy about.

So hopefully the tenant liked me enough to let me move in.

Reply #20660 Posted: May 15, 2014, 07:50:54 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Now that some websites are starting to use the .kiwi domain, is Getsome going to follow?

I like the sound of Getsome.kiwi

Sometimes I wish I could get some kiwi.

Reply #20661 Posted: May 15, 2014, 10:41:42 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

.kiwi sounds so silly.

It almost sounds offensively patriotic.

Reply #20662 Posted: May 15, 2014, 10:50:38 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
It's kawaii and sugoi and all the other things.

How will people fear us if they don't know we're kiwis?!!

Reply #20663 Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:10:43 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pyromanik

By fear you mean get full jealous right?
People fear what they don't understand, and they don't understand how it is that we're so AMAZING and they're stuck in their shithole countries.

Reply #20664 Posted: May 16, 2014, 07:55:27 am

Codex

lol wtf did they actually let .kiwi become a thing

Sounds like every gross newspaper ad ever in a domain

Reply #20665 Posted: May 16, 2014, 08:13:47 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #20666 Posted: May 16, 2014, 08:44:47 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Yo Speakman, check you inbox!

I get to become a UFB customer today..... muhahhahahahahha

Reply #20667 Posted: May 16, 2014, 08:45:41 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

Yo Speakman, check you inbox!

I get to become a UFB customer today..... muhahhahahahahha

Already replied buttface

Reply #20668 Posted: May 16, 2014, 09:06:40 am

Offline Growler

thanks mate, just whacked something back to you.

Reply #20669 Posted: May 16, 2014, 09:32:42 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm going to whack something off on you.

Reply #20670 Posted: May 16, 2014, 09:38:08 am

Offline Growler

ohhhh yeah baby, keep on talking!

Reply #20671 Posted: May 16, 2014, 10:25:23 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Is it snake whacking time again?

Reply #20672 Posted: May 16, 2014, 10:28:12 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

FUCK YEAH!

Moving this weekend.

Totally 110% stoked.

Reply #20673 Posted: May 16, 2014, 10:31:11 am

Offline Growler

aweeeesoum

Reply #20674 Posted: May 16, 2014, 10:37:31 am
Think of me like Yoda,