Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1349024
nice

wonder if they get you to sign

Yep, they do. Always.

In other news, new computer had its first fuckup. Complete meltdown too. Slowly but surely working its way into the grave all day long.
Are you sure you stuck that CPU fan on the right way around?

As for signage, it depends on the consignment, not the sticker on the top.
Also, the company it's carried with. If both packages came from the same company I'd be surprised.

Reply #4400 Posted: January 11, 2011, 07:09:57 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Some couriers do just self sign. More often than not, I hear the courier van pull up, and i get out of bed waiting for them to knock, and instead hear some guy sprinting away, and find the package on my doorstep.

Reply #4401 Posted: January 11, 2011, 07:17:34 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Doesn't mean the package was to be signed.
But yeh, that does happen.

My flatmate rang up to arrange for stuff to be self signed. That or he has an arragement with the regular driver. I dunno. Stuff used to get signed, now not so much.

Reply #4402 Posted: January 11, 2011, 07:19:57 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
what'd the machine do pyro? Mounting of fan is kosher

Reply #4403 Posted: January 11, 2011, 07:28:09 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

False alarm. Turns out it just doesn't like bringing the LAN back up after going to sleep. Restart ensues and ensures happyness. Next time I'll bring the lan down and up again in windows to see if it makes a difference first. If not I might try a discrete LAN card.

However, it did through out a memory exception before I reset it (the time before last). Dunno what for, but it confirmed my suspicion that it was performing worse and worse as the day went on. Dunno what it was, hopefully an anomaly.

Also it began earlier in the day with the onboard sound throwing a HUUUUGE amount of static right in my ears. Progressively got louder until I unplugged the speakers after it reached max volume and didn't settle down after a while. Interestingly when I plugged them back in it was ok. Until about 10 mins later when it did it again. Again after unplugging for a while and then plugging in again it was ok. Hasn't happened since.
Could be onboard sound, could be speakers, could be BC2 doing something wierd (although it did keep playing game sounds in the bg, I could hear it under the static).

So I dunno.

Nothing major as yet. Hopefully just some random shit that'll never come back.

Reply #4404 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:20:41 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Found out Fuji in Gloucester st is closed till the end of the month, I tried to book for friday :( Fuckin earthquake.

Reply #4405 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:25:47 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1349151
False alarm. Turns out it just doesn't like bringing the LAN back up after going to sleep. Restart ensues and ensures happyness. Next time I'll bring the lan down and up again in windows to see if it makes a difference first. If not I might try a discrete LAN card.

However, it did through out a memory exception before I reset it (the time before last). Dunno what for, but it confirmed my suspicion that it was performing worse and worse as the day went on. Dunno what it was, hopefully an anomaly.

Also it began earlier in the day with the onboard sound throwing a HUUUUGE amount of static right in my ears. Progressively got louder until I unplugged the speakers after it reached max volume and didn't settle down after a while. Interestingly when I plugged them back in it was ok. Until about 10 mins later when it did it again. Again after unplugging for a while and then plugging in again it was ok. Hasn't happened since.
Could be onboard sound, could be speakers, could be BC2 doing something wierd (although it did keep playing game sounds in the bg, I could hear it under the static).

So I dunno.

Nothing major as yet. Hopefully just some random shit that'll never come back.

weird. i never had even one of those issues ever. have you downloaded and installed drivers, or just running with the windows ones? if they are the windows lan drivers, could explain the LAN sleep issue.

Reply #4406 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:54:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #4407 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:57:07 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #4408 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:58:23 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #4409 Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:59:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: vedds;1349152
Found out Fuji in Gloucester st is closed till the end of the month, I tried to book for friday :( Fuckin earthquake.

Samurai Bowl (also Gloucester but not in arcade) or Wasabi Sushi (Victoria)
That or Tony's on Riccarton, or that place in the grand royal.

Or if you feel like paying too much for not enough, there's always Sala Sala.

Quote from: JontyB;1349156
weird. i never had even one of those issues ever. have you downloaded and installed drivers, or just running with the windows ones? if they are the windows lan drivers, could explain the LAN sleep issue.

Yeh, I was thinking that too.
But then I thought I couldn't be fucked tracking down proper drivers.

Reply #4410 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:25:25 pm

Obble

Reply #4411 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:37:46 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #4412 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:41:43 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Pyromanik;1349163
Quote from: JontyB;1349156

Yeh, I was thinking that too.
But then I thought I couldn't be fucked tracking down proper drivers.

i still have them i think. next time you are round bring USB thingy

OR

http://www.asus.co.nz/product.aspx?P_ID=c19zNYHCAXhCqBPq download tab

Reply #4413 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:44:17 pm

Obble

Reply #4414 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:45:02 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
The characters m80 look like a dude gasping with his eyes looking upward and a really weird hairdo.

Sorta like Bobziobble.

Reply #4415 Posted: January 11, 2011, 11:59:57 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.

Reply #4416 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:07:47 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4417 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:09:25 pm

Obble

BUT I WIN, argh, to quick post, your message has to be at least 10 characters.

Reply #4418 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:10:56 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
If I wanted to look at something ugly Id find bob on facebook

Reply #4419 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:11:30 pm

Obble

Reply #4420 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:15:52 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.

Reply #4421 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:24:40 pm

Obble

Quote from: Obbles;1349212
38*

lol hey mate, wu^2

Reply #4422 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:29:31 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.

Reply #4423 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:31:04 pm

Obble

Nice way to exploit the userside name changes, well done on ruining it for everybody else, Nostargate.

Reply #4424 Posted: January 12, 2011, 08:32:37 pm