Topic: 3 more star wars films planned

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
George is making the final three films by the looks of things. I wish someone would euthanase him before he wrecks this beloved saga any further.

Edit: I take that back. Disney has bought the rights and George will be neither directing or writing the new films. This could be much much worse.
Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:37:29 pm by PrinceTuiTeka

Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:33:34 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
George Lucas will only be serving as 'creative consultant'.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-buy-lucasfilm-405-billion-384448

Reply #1 Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:35:51 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
YAY  MORE STAR WARS!

oh no disney!

YAY MORE STAR WARS!

oh no disney

YAY MORE STAR WARS!

oh no disney

YAY MORE STAR WARS!

Also, tron legacy was pretty awesome...

Reply #2 Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:52:10 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
TRON: Uprising - Elijah Wood.

inb4 Spig makes a bad dick joke.

Disney aren't so bad. They SOMETIMES know when to take a knee and allow those who know what they're doing to push out a good job.

Also inb4 Spig makes a shit joke.

Reply #3 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:01:33 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I never ever expected there would ever be 3 more star wars films.

And I would have never thought that Lucasfilm would be bought by Disney.

This is a strange day of strange things, I expect they'll annonce they have found big foot soon.
Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:08:35 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #4 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:05:40 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
But i'm all for 3 more star wars films. But I do wonder where they will go with them, can't really reuse any of the charaters (If they are set after 4,5,6).

Reply #5 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:06:51 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
$tarwar$

Reply #6 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:26:15 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Shit.

That was unexpected.

They should get the Dredd 3D crew on to this. No fucking around. No Jar Jar Binx.

Karl Urban can be Darth Vader. He can go around saying "Skywalker is not the Force. I am the Force." All whilst graphically cutting peoples heads off with his lightsaber.

Will be awesome.

Reply #7 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:34:42 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1507112
But i'm all for 3 more star wars films. But I do wonder where they will go with them, can't really reuse any of the charaters (If they are set after 4,5,6).

Star Wars has an entire back story to choose from.

There's an assload of books that they can choose to make into movies. The main books are episodes 1 through to 9. George never wanted to make episodes 7, 8 & 9 into movies.

Reply #8 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:40:42 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1507112

Quote from: Retardobot;1507120

There's an assload of books that they can choose to make into movies. The main books are episodes 1 through to 9. George never wanted to make episodes 7, 8 & 9 into movies.

7 8 9 would surely have to follow from 4 5 6....THIS IS COUNTING PEOPLE!

No but seriously lucas always expected to make 9 films, he just ran out of time and fucks I think, so I'm sure somewhere in skywalker ranch he's got a fairly well detailed plot and things.

Reply #9 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:46:37 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
I seem to recall that Starwars games and other media aren't allowed to touch the 40 years following the end of 6 in case George wanted to make more movies.

Reply #10 Posted: October 31, 2012, 01:55:24 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
The books definitely carry on past the 6th movie. iirc they start following Luke's son. Endless avenues to follow. I can just see them having such a different feel and  it will always be hard to capture the vibe of the original trilogy anyway, episodes 1-3 being the case in point.

Reply #11 Posted: October 31, 2012, 02:13:32 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
- When You Wish Upon a Death Star.

- Finding Greedo.

- Song of the Sith.

- Lando and the Tramp.

- Snow White and the Seven Droids.

- The Princess Leia Diaries.

- Emperor Palpatine's New Groove.

- The Wookiee.

- Beauty and the Boba Fett.

- Lilo & Sith.

- The Fox and the Han Solo.

- Droid Story.

- Jabba the Pooh.

- Bambi Wan Kenobi.

- Chitty Chitty Death Star.

- That's So Vader.

Reply #12 Posted: October 31, 2012, 02:44:33 pm

Quote from: Retardobot;1507120

Yes, i've read many of the books, I used to be a big fan of them. I guess they could base the movies around Han and Leia's kids, but who would play Han and Leia?
Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:55:20 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #13 Posted: October 31, 2012, 02:50:35 pm

Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1507125
I seem to recall that Starwars games and other media aren't allowed to touch the 40 years following the end of 6 in case George wanted to make more movies.

Well there are about 50 books in the following 40 years.

Reply #14 Posted: October 31, 2012, 02:52:34 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Reaction a bit like this

Reply #15 Posted: October 31, 2012, 03:00:54 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Is that the snoo-snoo episode?

Reply #16 Posted: October 31, 2012, 03:14:19 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1507134
Yes, i've read many of the books, I used to be a big fan of them. I guess they could base the movies around Han and Leia's kids, but who would play Han and Leia?

If they've got adult kids what's wrong with harry and carrie?

Reply #17 Posted: October 31, 2012, 03:59:32 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1507148
If they've got adult kids what's wrong with harry and carrie?

Not as romantic as one might expect?

Reply #18 Posted: October 31, 2012, 04:07:31 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
I am john connor or whatever was SHITE

Reply #19 Posted: October 31, 2012, 04:34:31 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1507119
Shit.

That was unexpected.

They should get the Dredd 3D crew on to this. No fucking around. No Jar Jar Binx.

Karl Urban can be Darth Vader. He can go around saying "Skywalker is not the Force. I am the Force." All whilst graphically cutting peoples heads off with his lightsaber.

Will be awesome.

Except that Vader became a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Personally I would love to see Harrison ford as Han again, if played well he could still be every bit the bad-ass he was in the original (reference Eastwood in Gran Torino)

I just hope to god that if they do actually make the films they do this:

1: Hire someone to direct that can Direct
2: Hire a fan of the series so they treat it with the reverence it deserves instead of raping it for the cash cow it is
3: No Black Minstrels
4: Get back to what made Star Wars Great:

a Story that doesn't age.
Western inspired bravado and characters
Actual dog fight inspired space combat scenes (has anyone seen the original reel that George spliced together of Gun Camera footage from WW2 and then the side by side shots that you see in Star Wars?)
A Musical Score and themes for Characters (the Imperial March is Boss)
Push the limits of Science and Technology, but keep it semi possible

Reply #20 Posted: October 31, 2012, 04:41:53 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=htfsf30c.jrz.jpg
3 more star wars films planned

Reply #21 Posted: October 31, 2012, 04:43:40 pm
iM

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, don't see how they could fuck it up any worse than Lucas already did.

Reply #22 Posted: October 31, 2012, 04:55:20 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Quote from: Retardobot;1507141
Is that the snoo-snoo episode?

Death by snoo-snoo!!!

Yes, i'm feeling the same way.

Reply #23 Posted: October 31, 2012, 05:18:17 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: LeadCollector;1507150

Not as romantic as one might expect?

Have you not seen movies? they don't tend to take photos of people from 2ft with a 600W hallogen bulb, or when they're nipping down to the shops.

Harrrison Ford in Cowboys and Aliens:

That is actually Han Solo with a cowboy hat.

Carrie Fisher in "The Women" in 2008

She's still hotter than your mum....

Reply #24 Posted: October 31, 2012, 06:19:39 pm