Topic: Playstation 4

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Retardobot;1519552
True.

So why don't developers and publishers release the game under a cheaper licensing scheme instead of hitting us with one $100+ payment and telling us the game doesn't belong to us?
The fact publishers are still charging NZers and Aussie $100 is total bullshit when they are selling for $50 in the US but that's another issue.
$50 is fair considering the huge production costs and the risks involved with game dev these days.
Just look at all of the publishers and studios that have been folding for the last few years.

Reply #25 Posted: March 02, 2013, 09:53:13 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I'd be happy if my physical copy was tied to my account if it meant I could play the game without needing to insert the disk.

I never onsell games anyway.

Reply #26 Posted: March 02, 2013, 10:33:20 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I am interested in this only because I instantly recognised the Playstation 3 for what it is: A big black money-losing turd which would only get more stale with time.

It would be nice to see Sony manage to reverse this terrible trend because if it doesnt then it will become This Generations Sega
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1519557
I never onsell games anyway.

BAD MONKEY!!! BAD!!
Hit yourself with a rolled up newspaper

Reply #27 Posted: March 02, 2013, 10:55:12 am
I am now banned from GetSome

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1519559

BAD MONKEY!!! BAD!!
Hit yourself with a rolled up newspaper

As much as I enjoying hitting myself with long cylindrical objects, why is not selling my games bad?

Reply #28 Posted: March 04, 2013, 12:50:19 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1519709
As much as I enjoying hitting myself with long cylindrical objects, why is not selling my games bad?

Maybe you are right. You should onsell your newspaper to me so I can onhit myself in the face

Reply #29 Posted: March 04, 2013, 01:28:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Codex

Honestly I've got more than what I paid out of my ps3 in terms of gameplay etc so looking forward to what the ps4 can offer

What you all might or might not find interesting is that the pcsx2 developers were approached by sony for something

PS4 is x86 architecture, pcsx2 is developed for x86 ps2 emulation

if the ps4 has software emulation for ps2 games that actually works properly then i'll be all over it really. It's a shame that it won't be able to do ps3 games though

Reply #30 Posted: March 04, 2013, 04:28:56 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
^Exactly, the amount of hours I have got out of my PS3 has made it well and truly worth it. Lasted from early 2006 all the way to the end of last year playing the latest games with decent graphics.

Reply #31 Posted: March 04, 2013, 10:12:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1519552
True.

So why don't developers and publishers release the game under a cheaper licensing scheme instead of hitting us with one $100+ payment and telling us the game doesn't belong to us?

Because food is important.

Reply #32 Posted: March 05, 2013, 06:57:18 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:54:16 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #33 Posted: June 11, 2013, 01:45:33 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
RIP XBONER

"Tretton says there are no restrictions on their used game policy -- another huge applause. That includes trade-ins, giving games to friends, etc. He's really soaking in the love. The crowd is going wild."

"PS4 won't require you to check-in online periodically. And it won't stop working if you haven't authenticated within 24 hours."

Reply #34 Posted: June 11, 2013, 02:43:15 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
and $399 USD.

Reply #35 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:04:45 pm

I wonder what the nz price will be.

Reply #36 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:06:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
What are you doing, Microsoft.

Fucking honestly.

Reply #37 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:09:19 pm

MS shot themselves in the foot with the used game thing. They went the way PC games are, where a CD key gets tied to an account (like steam) and that's that (I prefer it) . But Console players aren't ready for that yet.

But at the same time they tried to get used games working with an account based system, by allowing games to be transferred/sold on. They tried to get the best of both worlds, but it didn't work.

Sony stuck to sticking the disc in and playing, and they won.
Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:28:49 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #38 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:03:56 pm

I love the console design. Never cared much for the ps controller though.

Reply #39 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:15:04 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
One thing to note: You will need a PS+ subscription to play multiplayer online on the PS4.

It seems you'll still be able to use other features with internet connectivity if you don't have a subscription and PS+ at least comes with free games every month, but that is one annoying feature announced.
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:47:04 am by Scunner

Reply #40 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:54:25 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I might actually buy one of these.

Reply #41 Posted: June 11, 2013, 06:10:54 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1526806
One thing to note: You will need a PS+ subscription to play multiplayer online on the PS4.

It seems you'll still be able to use other features with internet connectivity and PS+ at least comes with free games every month, but that is one annoying feature announced.

Yeah that fact alone has locked me in to NOT buying a console now.

But I guess nothings free in life, Not complaining.

Reply #42 Posted: June 11, 2013, 06:38:48 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
Really?

Its $89.95 a year, you get a bunch of games free and 1 major title a year. For PS4 launch its a copy of DriveClub which you can preorder now for $120.

Reply #43 Posted: June 11, 2013, 08:29:34 pm

Codex

Yeah i've got heaps of amazing games from ps+ that I would have bought normally costing more than the subscription o-o

Reply #44 Posted: June 11, 2013, 11:00:55 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Plasma;1526829
Really?

Its $89.95 a year, you get a bunch of games free and 1 major title a year. For PS4 launch its a copy of DriveClub which you can preorder now for $120.

I suppose now that both consoles are doing it, I wouldn't feel as ripped off as xbox 360 p2p vs ps3 free online.

But like I said, I realise nothing is free in life, I'm not complaining. I'll just always stick to the computer now.

Reply #45 Posted: June 12, 2013, 12:06:15 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
It wont be too long before this bullshit hits the PC

Reply #46 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:24:17 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Just saw that KH3 Is going to be exclusively for PS4...

Shit.

I'm so easily swayed. Maybe in a year or two..

Reply #47 Posted: June 12, 2013, 05:13:51 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.

Reply #48 Posted: June 12, 2013, 07:17:51 pm

Codex

Yeah FFXV was always going to be. We'll see much better cross console porting since both consoles are using a x86 architecture x)

I'm not surprised that KH is exclusive, pretty sure sony has secured some of its rights also.

Reply #49 Posted: June 13, 2013, 11:44:58 am