Topic: Tom Clancy has passed away

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11133837

Tis a sad day - both for the Literary world and also for Gaming.

I admit that I never really got into any of the games that came out under his brand, but I read several of his novels, always found them to be a great read.

Posted: October 04, 2013, 08:17:29 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I didn't really play much of the Clancy series apart from the first Splinter Cell, but holy god that game was amazing. I rocked that on my GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and it gave it one hell of a hard time.

I played GRAW2 front to back, loved it. Have yet to play the new one from that series.

Loved Sum of All Fears.

You've left a decent size hole, Tom. You'll be missed and treasured.

Reply #1 Posted: October 04, 2013, 08:45:12 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I watched that movie with Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Sam Neill, James Earl Jones and Tim Curry.

So much awesomess.

Reply #2 Posted: October 04, 2013, 09:00:54 am