Topic: Banned from battle log

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
So .. havent opened battlelog in quite some time to play bf4 .... new updates n shit
finish updating open battle log annnnnnd

so i contact EA support to find out what had happened ... get told i have to email EA directly.

Dear Lindsay Soppet,

Product Name:  Battlefield 4
Email address: lindsaysops@gmail.com

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access your account.

We have now completed our investigation into your query and upon review of your case, we can see that your game was disabled due to a chargeback against your account.

Please note that a chargeback may occur if a game code has been purchased from an unauthorised source and/or if you have initiated a chargeback.

Due to the above we will not be removing the suspension/ban that has been applied to your account.

For further information on our policies and procedures please follow the link below;

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Thank you for your diligence in bringing this matter to our attention. As a valued customer, your feedback is very important to us.

Yours sincerely,

Frank
EA Terms of Service

EA.com Customer Relations

ummmmm but i have paid for BF4 and bf4 premium and have been playing for months and have around 200 hours of play time ...

Fuckin angry :/

Posted: February 14, 2014, 09:34:38 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Can you provide them with details of the purchase?

Reply #1 Posted: February 14, 2014, 09:45:57 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Yeah just done that but i'm not holding my breath over it ... Seems to me they really didn't do much investigating otherwise they would have seen it.

Reply #2 Posted: February 14, 2014, 09:57:38 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Depends who you get, alot of people just say F Off, when it comes to bans, when you get the person who actually looks into it, you should be sorted.

Reply #3 Posted: February 14, 2014, 10:45:28 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
try and do it via origin help

Reply #4 Posted: February 14, 2014, 11:27:11 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
try and do it via origin help

i tried that first off and then got directed to the email address i have been directing the info to

Reply #5 Posted: February 14, 2014, 11:34:38 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Depends who you get, alot of people just say F Off, when it comes to bans, when you get the person who actually looks into it, you should be sorted.

yeah i have been as civil as possible as direct confrontation does nothing but damage any further chance you might have of resolving the situation ... my biggest issue is they decided to ram it down my throat rather than email me / contact me ... paid $150 odd to play the game ..and cant play bf3 ether so theres another $150 as well that i cant do anything with as both use battle log

Reply #6 Posted: February 14, 2014, 11:39:20 am

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Where did you buy it from?

Reply #7 Posted: February 14, 2014, 12:53:49 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Where did you buy it from?

Origin online lol

Reply #8 Posted: February 14, 2014, 01:43:12 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...

Reply #9 Posted: February 14, 2014, 01:45:49 pm

Codex

I know another person that had this issue and they said they had to follow up with their bank, they did and the money was indeed with EA, then EA washed their hands of it and didn't want anything to do with it. After months of battling they gave up.

They only removed bf4 from the account though, didn't ban their bf3 stuff

So fucking stupid

Reply #10 Posted: February 14, 2014, 01:51:26 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
I know another person that had this issue and they said they had to follow up with their bank, they did and the money was indeed with EA, then EA washed their hands of it and didn't want anything to do with it. After months of battling they gave up.

They only removed bf4 from the account though, didn't ban their bf3 stuff

So fucking stupid

i had a decent read through there T&C's and as far as i can see if they want to ban you or delete your account after 30 days there is almost nothing you can do about it bar the good grace of one of their employee's .. if they having a bad day there is no helping you.

Reply #11 Posted: February 14, 2014, 03:35:24 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
well it seems as they have done just that and washed there hands of it all

Dear Lindsay Soppet,

Product Name: Origin
Email address: lindsaysops@gmail.com

We have received your most recent correspondence dated 13.02.2014 expressing concerns about the action that has been taken on your account.

Whilst we appreciate the information that you have provided, following an in-depth investigation into your account and the complaint that you have made, unfortunately we must again advise that your account was actioned correctly in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Your account was correctly identified as violating our Terms of service. We can see that your account was disabled due to a chargeback against your account.

For further information on our policies and procedures please follow the link below: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
Please also note that we do not provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to the above we will not be removing the ban that has been applied to your account.

As we have now completed two extensive investigations into your complaint we consider this matter closed and this as our final correspondence on this subject.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely,

Hagen
EA Terms of Service

EA.com Customer Relations

Reply #12 Posted: February 15, 2014, 06:56:09 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
wow.... such cock, much suck. Gay EA.

Reply #13 Posted: February 15, 2014, 08:03:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
urgh, that is an outstanding amount of cuntfuckery.

Reply #14 Posted: February 15, 2014, 08:51:49 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
yeahp so $300 worth of games useless now as both are run through battlelog so i mean im at a loss and kinda standing here with my mouth on the floor not knowing where the fuck i stand .... apart from what it seems as my battlefield pants around my ankles and a big EA condom hanging outa my ass feeling rohypnoled

Reply #15 Posted: February 15, 2014, 09:37:55 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
What about complaining to your credit card company? 
1) If EA are saying there has been a charge back, then you complain to the bank/CC company for running a chargeback without your authority.
2) If they come back and say there hasn't been a charge back, then show them the correspondence with EA and demand that either (a) they contact EA and sort it out or (b) they actually do run a chargeback to get your money back, as you've paid EA and they haven't supplied the service/good.

Reply #16 Posted: February 15, 2014, 10:18:44 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Thats a tough one as in there eyes the good / services have been used past there 30 day refund policy so after that as stated in there terms and conditions they can close my account "as they deem necessary"

... theres nothing i can do about it . sure if i was a fanatic with $100 mil to throw at it with a point to prove id go at it bit in teeth but i don't EA has all the cookies in there cookie jar so if i wanna play bf3 or bf4 again i have to buy them and set up a new origin account.

scam artists yes but they do it legally  .!..  ..!.  fuck you EA i hope your balls fester in the fleas of a million camels.

Reply #17 Posted: February 16, 2014, 10:29:39 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I am sure that the CGA can be applied here AND possibly a log to the Disputes Tribunal,

Failing that, a well worded legal letter with an accompanying letter from your bank may be the solution here

EDIT:

Also - have you got in writting from your bank full charge history for the Purchase period? if not, get this now AND get a letter from your bank/CC company confirming that there has been no charge back (if there hasn't)

I would suggest going into the bank in person, speaking with the bank manager and taking a print out of those emails with you, also inflating the value of your Origin account (you've got at least $1,000 plus worth of games in there right?) to get your bank to take you seriously and also threaten to move your services to a competing bank if they don't provide the written information (or if you think they are giving you the run around)
Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:31:11 am by The Demon Lord

Reply #18 Posted: February 16, 2014, 11:21:13 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I don't full understand what has happened here, so can you confirm?

1. You buy BF3, Premium, BF4 and Premium from Origin with your credit card.
2. You play these games for a while
3. EA claim the credit card company has not let the payment for the games go through, so they ban your origin account?

Are they disputing you entered a charge back with the credit card company for bf4, or all games purchased?

Is there an NZ based part of EA that you can contact here to get some more info on?

Reply #19 Posted: February 16, 2014, 12:27:20 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
I don't full understand what has happened here, so can you confirm?

1. You buy BF3, Premium, BF4 and Premium from Origin with your credit card.     .... Yes
2. You play these games for a while                                                                      .... Yes sure did
3. EA claim the credit card company has not let the payment for the games go through, so they ban your origin account?                                                                                                               .... Just BF4 but the credit card payment did go through

Are they disputing you entered a charge back with the credit card company for bf4, or all games purchased?

Is there an NZ based part of EA that you can contact here to get some more info on? ... tried phoning Electronic Arts NZ but there number as listed no longer exists

Reply #20 Posted: February 16, 2014, 12:56:15 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
nzsupport@ea.com
easupport@8-bit.com.au

That's really odd imo, considering you have not paid via a third party for an origin key etc.

Maybe get a copy of your card statement to send to said support emails and see if they show any interest at all, they will probably send you back to the email you mentioned earlier however. If it's within the past 2 months that you got the game some banks would allow a chargeback.

If you want to be really petty you probably could win at a disputes tribunal hearing with said proof (statements and emails) at your own cost (~$40 and your time)

Reply #21 Posted: February 18, 2014, 11:28:33 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
If you want to be really petty you probably could win at a disputes tribunal hearing with said proof (statements and emails) at your own cost (~$40 and your time)

You can claim the ~$40 back.

Time you cannot

Reply #22 Posted: February 19, 2014, 04:37:06 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

You can claim the ~$40 back.

Time you cannot

yeah as angry as i am about the whole debacle there isnt much i can do.

and yes alot of time lost but i guess if i wanna play i have to create a whole new identity with another email address and pay for the game again .. but thats not very likely .. maybe for Titan fall but not battlefield   

Reply #23 Posted: February 19, 2014, 10:12:33 pm