Topic: Confused Team Fortress 2 Ban

Offline TyMe

• I Posted!
  • TyMe has no influence.
Hello moderators and admins on GetSome community
I wish to request a reason for my ban on server 203.97.27.199:27031 by admin courpse. I saw through that i was doing nothing incorrect.

The 1st issue that occured was me saying I wished to buy items with Steam Money. I apologise for my mistake in wording and it could have been seen as a scam. However, I clearly stated as soon as courpse called me up that I was using paypal money and I would pay first once checked the user was valid and legit. He continued to put me down and did not listen to my side of the story.

The 2nd issue I wish to address is advertising that I was buying a Strange Degreaser. Courpse asked me how much I was paying and I replyed with 'A conga taunt and 3 ref'. Considering keys and 10 ref now, a conga is a key and 3 ref is 3 ref, that is 1.3 keys. The price on the server's pricecheck service showed 1.39 keys. The community, following courpse, accused me of trying to scam again. I replyed saying that Strange Degreasers on backpack.tf sell for 1.2 Keys and that I wasn't trying to scam. I then went to reply to a user saying that it was ban time, but I was banned before i could reply.

I hope to see this issue further and am hoping to get back to trading and not messing around with this annoying issue
Ty for reading
   TyMe

EDIT: I have since trying to add courpse to discuss the issue but he has blocked communications with me
Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:08:44 pm by TyMe

Posted: November 04, 2014, 08:07:13 pm

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
Can you please post a link to your steam account

Reply #1 Posted: November 04, 2014, 08:14:07 pm

Offline TyMe

• I Posted!
  • TyMe has no influence.

Reply #2 Posted: November 04, 2014, 08:26:04 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Thanks for your concerns regarding your ban.

I would like to mention a couple of things...

Using real money for trading. Weather it be steam wallet, paypal or whatever, is not really the best way to be trading. There is a lot of trust involved.
 If you use money, then why not buy keys and use them for your trading. Or better yet, buy the items from the tf2 shop or steam market.

When it comes to bp.tf. the prices are advised and not always actual. Some can be more or less depending on the item.
When you are wanting to buy something at a lower than normal advised price, most people's reaction is that its a scam.

Now about courpse.  He is always trading. And always on our trading servers. I would also add that he is a senior admin.

On that. We will discuss the details of your ban with him.  But for now your one week ban will stand. If we decide to shorten it then it will be done.
 Cheers

Reply #3 Posted: November 04, 2014, 09:23:10 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Hue hue, HAAAATS *insert downie face*

Reply #4 Posted: November 05, 2014, 08:21:35 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam