Topic: Need some help.

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
I've tried using google to find a solution but have come up short.

I have 3 games in my Library - TF2 , Dota2 and NS2 that keep re-downloading perhaps the latest patch every time I open steam.

Even when I turn auto downloads off the next time I open steam it has them all to update. Luckily having unlimited net its not the biggest issue but its becoming annoying having to wait for my game to re-download each time.

I have checked the integrity of the files and they come back fine. I don't really want to do a fresh install as these games are about 20-30GB big now I think.

Any work arounds or ideas?

PS. Hi All for 2015

Posted: January 19, 2015, 12:00:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
This appears to be the only solution I could find:
click pause and then the X next to the game, it'll take it out of the queue so it won't automatically start next time.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3111024&page=2
Old 08-07-2014, 02:56 PM     #18
gashadokuro
1000 - 2499 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rTiger  View Post
Has a way to prevent automatic steam updates been rolled out yet? I can't find anything in the settings.

I'm currently on a capped data plan and worried about automatic downloads, yet I want to keep steam open for chat.
If something always downloads each time u open steam, click pause and then the X next to the game, it'll take it out of the queue so it won't automatically start next time.

Also you can go to a game's properties in steam and disable auto update. Although you can't play the game if there is an update for it, it will at least stop it from updating and using data.

Reply #1 Posted: January 19, 2015, 12:15:51 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I think there is an option per game to set if it auto downloads, and well as an overall option. It would be worthwhile to check both.

If it continues to be a problem, I would just delete and reinstall. I've done this many times, it doesn't take too long.

Reply #2 Posted: January 19, 2015, 12:28:26 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I have solution.

Uninstall game. ;)

Reply #3 Posted: January 19, 2015, 03:41:24 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
@osiris have you tried to check game file integrity with the steam settings? and then let it finish the update, after that it shouldn't do it anymore.

Reply #4 Posted: January 20, 2015, 06:25:11 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I have solution.

Uninstall Steam. ;)

Why did it take this long?

Reply #5 Posted: January 20, 2015, 01:10:13 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Steam is love. Steam is life.

Reply #6 Posted: January 20, 2015, 01:22:49 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Have you tried updating punkbuster?

Reply #7 Posted: January 20, 2015, 04:14:20 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I have solution.

Uninstall Steam. ;)

Why did it take this long?
i like it

Reply #8 Posted: January 20, 2015, 08:31:55 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
No success with settings, will perhaps delete TF2 entirely and re-downloading Dota2

Reply #9 Posted: January 25, 2015, 04:08:22 pm