Topic: Electronic Receipts

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Why aren't these a thing yet?

We have jetpacks, flying cars, hoverboards, yet we still have to carry around paper receipts as proof of purchase in case we need to return something. However they get are easily lost, fade, and always impossible to find when you need them.

When every you buy something, the details of what you bought should be held with your bank (where you can download it whenever you want), as proof of purchase. (make it opt in, for those concerned about privacy)

Something like this would be awesome, I hope to see it in a few years.

Posted: July 24, 2015, 09:32:13 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Some places take your details when you purchase something, and keep a record of it so you don't need the recipt (Like Harvey Norman is one place I can think of)

But yes, there should be a more central system for this..

Reply #1 Posted: July 24, 2015, 11:30:11 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2 Posted: July 24, 2015, 11:31:53 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The banks and credit card companies are the ones that needs to get on board. It needs to all happen in the background, without people having to do anything extra, (otherwise they just wont be bothered)

Taking a photo of a paper receipts doesn't really solve the problem, it's still far too much work (however it's something I might start doing for more valuable items)

Reply #3 Posted: July 24, 2015, 12:02:50 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
jb-hifi has them. I got one for my wireless earphones.

Reply #4 Posted: July 24, 2015, 01:08:12 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
The banks and credit card companies are the ones that needs to get on board. It needs to all happen in the background, without people having to do anything extra, (otherwise they just wont be bothered)

Taking a photo of a paper receipts doesn't really solve the problem, it's still far too much work (however it's something I might start doing for more valuable items)

You're kinda right, and this is actually a good idea
I phoned a friend in a high place, he's working on it, so in a couple of years this might actually be a thing

And no, I'm not kidding.

Reply #5 Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:08:39 pm

Craig has all the right friends, in all the right places.

Reply #6 Posted: July 25, 2015, 02:21:54 pm