Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
http://www.medalofhonor.com/en_GB/blog/2012/07/fire-team-multiplayer-developer-commentary

As for buying MoH to get early beta access, keep in mind MoH buyers this time around only got it 1 day before it was full open beta(and watch the gameplay video..)

I guess the upside is by the time it comes around in 2013 (in line with next gen consoles?) It will have been in development for atleast 2 years and they will have hopefully learned from BF3's shortcomings.

Thoughts?

Posted: July 18, 2012, 03:18:01 am
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Too soon

Reply #1 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:16:10 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Why would they have learned from BF3's short comings? EA is toting its deployment as a golden success.

Reply #2 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:20:04 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Matt;1494486
and they will have hopefully learned from BF3's shortcomings.

Thoughts?

lol gamer logic....always thinking the next one will be better, let the hype and disappointment cycle continue.

Reply #3 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:21:15 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Retardobot;1494493
Why would they have learned from BF3's short comings? EA is toting its deployment as a golden success.

Indeed the more dumbed down and consolified a game is the more units it sells, the lessons they are learning are not what Matt thinks.

Reply #4 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:25:11 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
BOOOO

Reply #5 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:29:00 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Bell;1494494
lol gamer logic....always thinking the next one will be better, let the hype and disappointment cycle continue.

^^^ this guy speaks the truth

Reply #6 Posted: July 18, 2012, 09:38:21 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I bet I'll still buy it *hangs head in shame

Reply #7 Posted: July 18, 2012, 09:41:56 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1494502
I bet I'll still buy it *hangs head in shame

I will be joining you.... as will most of the "I won't be buying it because of (insert excuse about EA being whores or not until the fix BFBC2 first etc....)" crowd :p

Reply #8 Posted: July 18, 2012, 10:15:28 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
'Warfighter' - fail.

Reply #9 Posted: July 18, 2012, 10:23:17 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1494494

The thing is there's no reason why it can't, bring UI dev back in-house and have the voip product built into the game (rather than licensed for battlelog use only), things that can't be done with the current game without paying out a few million first that would be a pretty significant change in how the games flow. Heck if you automated party joining in Battlelog to match up squads atleast that's better than nothing.

As for dumbing the game down for/mass appeal, sure especially if they are releasing on the console user-bases. If you are outselling PC 4:1 for past titles then you focus on that larger user-base, you bank on the safe option when development costs 10's of millions. What are some examples of recent AAA games not "consolified", except arma?

Yes I'm going to drink the BF4 Kool-Aid, had my value from BF3 already despite some of the elements it lacks.
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:41:46 pm by Matt

Reply #10 Posted: July 18, 2012, 12:39:35 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: Matt;1494524
What are some examples of recent AAA games not "consolified", except arma?

I think that is part of the problem. They are taking the games that weren't "consolified" and making them so, Battlefield was one of them. It's ruining what were great series for many.

Reply #11 Posted: July 18, 2012, 12:43:42 pm
sila.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Where's the 2143? I wanna stomp on shit.

Reply #12 Posted: July 18, 2012, 12:52:42 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline broncos

• Addicted
  • broncos has no influence.
Hiya sloth/ wandy how's tricks?
 Sigh keep saying this realign bf2 = gold..
Keep it simple 2142 - crap
                      Bbc2 - crap
                      Bf3 - average , to many perks , upgrades etc etc

Reply #13 Posted: July 18, 2012, 02:20:05 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
If any one of the following are missing, I'm not buying:

1) Voip
2) Mods
3) Battle Recorder

And we all know there won't be mod support, so a pretty much guaranteed no buy here.

Reply #14 Posted: July 18, 2012, 03:26:33 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
  • brucewillis2 has no influence.
Quote from: broncos;1494537
                      Bbc2 - crap

I actually enjoyed BFBC2... it had no suppression so your gun actually worked when you wanted it to. It also had no OP jets or choppers, because you had the AT4.

Reply #15 Posted: July 18, 2012, 03:34:56 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, BF3 is slightly shitter than BC2 in most respects, except for map design tbh.

2142 missed out a lot on the demographic that like to touch themselves while looking at pictures of Barrets, but removing it a step from reality did genuinely improve the balance of the game.

Reply #16 Posted: July 18, 2012, 03:45:15 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline trace

• I Posted!
  • trace has no influence.
Glad i didn't buy premium. Looks like i won't be buying ea games for a long time to come.

Reply #17 Posted: July 18, 2012, 04:13:50 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
  • [∞]MadMike has no influence.
Quote from: brucewillis2;1494551
I actually enjoyed BFBC2... it had no suppression so your gun actually worked when you wanted it to. It also had no OP jets or choppers, because you had the AT4.

I agree with you Bruce. BFBC2 despite some very annoying things was actually not to bad to play. Raged harder in BF3 than pretty much any other game other than COD I've played. Pitty OGA didn't stick around for a bit longer in BC2 TBH.

Reply #18 Posted: July 18, 2012, 05:12:44 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I'm pretty sure when BF2 came out we were like:

"Lets hope they learned from the mistakes of Battlefield 1942!", been pretty downhill since then really.

Reply #19 Posted: July 18, 2012, 05:50:22 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: Matt;1494524
As for dumbing the game down for/mass appeal, sure especially if they are releasing on the console user-bases. If you are outselling PC 4:1 for past titles then you focus on that larger user-base, you bank on the safe option when development costs 10's of millions. What are some examples of recent AAA games not "consolified", except arma?

Exactly, so why do you think BF4 is going to be better? they moved BF to consoles and found out they can sell a truck load more titles.
So guess who is going to be the sole target next time?
It's not about EA pissing us off by being lazy etc its about economics and economics suggests PC players aren't worth the time or effort when you could be selling more units to xbox players.

The BF series is now a second class game for me, I only buy it if it's cheap.
I brought BC2 for like $15 on some steam sale and imported Bf3 for half price which meant I had to wait 1-2 weeks after release for shipping which didn't matter because I only played for a week.
Next time I won't be making any effort.

I'll continue to buy niche stuff like Arma3 and RO
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:57:05 pm by Bell

Reply #20 Posted: July 18, 2012, 05:51:22 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: broncos;1494537
                      Bbc2 - crap

Got to disagree

2142 is the best game ever released in the BF series.
BC2 wasn't perfect but I have nearly 1500 hours paying it versus 140ish in BF3 which I think says a lot.
Personally I think BF3 is a fail because it's too much like BF2 and not enough like 2142 and BC2.

Reply #21 Posted: July 18, 2012, 06:53:40 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I hate everything you stand for.

Reply #22 Posted: July 18, 2012, 07:01:53 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
  • [∞]MadMike has no influence.
Quote from: Lias;1494574
Got to disagree

2142 is the best game ever released in the BF series.
BC2 wasn't perfect but I have nearly 1500 hours paying it versus 140ish in BF3 which I think says a lot.
Personally I think BF3 is a fail because it's too much like BF2 and not enough like 2142 and BC2.

LOL Wat, Are you serious?

BF3 is nothing like BF2. 2142 was closer... let me guess Titan mode all the way aye?

Reply #23 Posted: July 18, 2012, 07:31:23 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
bf2 was epic  bf2142 was ok bfbc2 was ok as well bf3 is NOTHING like bf2

Reply #24 Posted: July 18, 2012, 07:35:22 pm