Topic: Battlefield 5 - Returning to Europe ?

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
I'll just leave this here....

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-rumored-to-be-set-in-world-war-one/

The BF1918 modification for BF42 (& BF2) was a riot...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy240/TiminemBF/BF1918/screen042.png
Battlefield 5 - Returning to Europe ?

Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:51:01 am by Spigalau

Posted: March 01, 2016, 10:49:03 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline QUPHOZ

• Addicted
  • QUPHOZ has no influence.
FRAP FRAP FRAP

Reply #1 Posted: March 04, 2016, 06:12:15 pm
R.I.P Dirty Heathan

Affliction For life

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
No lock on weapons?!?

Interested

Reply #2 Posted: March 06, 2016, 01:27:32 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I was hoping for a 1942 remake tbh.

Through the ignorance of not researching anything, I think WW1 is too outdated to make a good game.

Reply #3 Posted: March 06, 2016, 11:25:00 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Not really spinning my wheels, but will be interesting to to see the details

Reply #4 Posted: March 17, 2016, 04:34:00 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Doesn't really do it for me either.. I want Bad Company 3, or Battlefield 2143

Reply #5 Posted: March 17, 2016, 05:12:45 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!

Reply #6 Posted: May 07, 2016, 02:51:26 pm

Offline SLAYER!@#

• Addicted
  • SLAYER!@# has no influence.
Trailer got me excited. Will be watching closely.

Reply #7 Posted: May 07, 2016, 05:46:53 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I was hoping for a 1942 remake tbh.

Through the ignorance of not researching anything, I think WW1 is too outdated to make a good game.
I would also love to play BF1942 again.

If you're interested in WW1 there is an amazing youtube channel called The Great War. They started in 2014 and they make a video every week starting from July 28, 1914 - the beginning of the war. July 28, 2014 being the 100 year anniversary of the start of the great war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FgaL0xIazk&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxOb_127vxjaRRC7yu2TJlJX&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar/playlists

Reply #8 Posted: May 07, 2016, 06:26:40 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Underwhelmed personally, but I wasn't keen on a WW1 shooter.

Reply #9 Posted: May 08, 2016, 08:58:15 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
This look good, gone back to when the game was great

Reply #10 Posted: May 08, 2016, 09:53:58 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
I hope it goes back to the basics of the first person shooter in some ways. A few perfectly balanced guns and skill based. I'm also incredibly keen for no lock on weapons.

Reply #11 Posted: May 08, 2016, 02:32:38 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea having to actually aim everything manually will be a plus, also I hope the "quick time" styled melee combat is gone.

Reply #12 Posted: May 11, 2016, 04:44:14 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Again, skill based, not button mashing. I expect rifles to have controls for firing as well as melee, Such as block, stab, slice etc.

Reply #13 Posted: May 11, 2016, 04:48:48 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Well as there are going to be different types of melee weapons I'm guessing each will have it's own characteristics, sword may have longer range and slashes while a bayonet stabs and a trench club....clubs. I doubt they will have multiple attack choices with each melee weapon, but will be pleasantly surprised if that is the case.

Reply #14 Posted: May 11, 2016, 08:17:36 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
I just want to be able put out my flaming trench club with a Germans face.

Reply #15 Posted: May 12, 2016, 04:11:44 pm

Offline non

• Just settled in
  • non has no influence.
Man I miss BF2.. :-(

Reply #16 Posted: May 13, 2016, 07:58:05 pm
I get goose bumps when the bassline thumps!!

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
was thinking about jellybad yesterday, was a good map.

Reply #17 Posted: May 13, 2016, 10:38:10 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
I don't really miss BF2, but I was never a huge fan of it. .. I miss 2142 and BC2 heaps thou.

Reply #18 Posted: May 14, 2016, 11:33:50 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
I never played much of BC2 because of the difficulty of finding good, un-modded servers. (I only got it a few years back) But the game play just felt so right.

Reply #19 Posted: May 14, 2016, 12:49:30 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
One of the things I loved most about BC2 was the base rape. The DICE devs at the time were pretty non PC, and didn't give a fuck and there was none of the namby pamby stuff now. You usually could sit in the enemy base or directly outside it with a shot into spawn and rape them all day.. I miss that.

Bring back the rape IMO.

Reply #20 Posted: May 14, 2016, 12:59:45 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
It was always such a good feeling when you shot the base raper

Reply #21 Posted: May 14, 2016, 02:30:56 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
It was always such a good feeling when you shot Lias88NZ

Fixed....

Reply #22 Posted: June 01, 2016, 06:51:31 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Lias played BF2?

Reply #23 Posted: June 01, 2016, 10:49:42 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Not really, I was never a big fan of it. 2142 and BC2 were my thing.

Reply #24 Posted: June 01, 2016, 11:11:57 pm