Topic: My thoughts on ICONZ CS scene.

Offline Demkaio

• Just settled in
  • Demkaio has no influence.
Quote from: relworG;898104
Piranesi, port, inferno prodigy, malitia, tides....

man i would so like to go back to old skool servers and nut it out on maps like port, malitia and that again.

Oh man so true,
id love it to go back to old skool iconz, when i get my new machine id so be there.

beginning to reminisce now =')
Doing the mad rush along the parapets of Piranesi, gunning down a couple op's with the TMP, before getting flashed to shit.
Crazy times, crazy times...

Reply #25 Posted: March 04, 2009, 07:38:27 pm
Spamlord

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
  • hemihapuka has no influence.
Quote from: Demkaio;898373
Oh man so true,
id love it to go back to old skool iconz, when i get my new machine id so be there.

beginning to reminisce now =')
Doing the mad rush along the parapets of Piranesi, gunning down a couple op's with the TMP, before getting flashed to shit.
Crazy times, crazy times...

Man wasn't that hard case , it was like as if you had painted your screen gloss white and sometimes it would last the whole map and you were killed after the first flash but because you kept going onto the live players on your auto director they were flashed as aswell so there was no escape rofl!!!

Reply #26 Posted: March 04, 2009, 08:30:14 pm
The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog ?

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Dust 2 24/7 is the pits.

Caters for awpwhores and rankers is all.

They have no loyalty to  ICONZ anyway, it's just kids home from school who get Dust 2 24/7 up and running.

When we get home from work, it's the ICONZ de facto game for the evening till there's enough to get another server going.

If that's the best we can do, we might as well not host CS.

I'm biased of course.

It's the only FPS I can play.

Reply #27 Posted: March 04, 2009, 08:51:19 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Zarkov, it's very few and far between that we agree, but for once. HIGH FIVE!

I think your loyalty statment holds true as well. Good valid point.

Reply #28 Posted: March 04, 2009, 09:23:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Chronic

• Just settled in
  • Chronic has no influence.
+1 for Growlers idea.

Ditch the server for 2 weeks just as a trial.

All the iconz regulars will have no choice but to join an iconz vanilla server. (Sure they can go to another server, but they wont get the same iconz gaming experience ;) )

Priority wise, thats what i'd do anyway.

Reply #29 Posted: March 04, 2009, 10:30:37 pm
;)

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Ahh... The old days, the days of Tiwa's tent, Netherai, DDM actually played, the legendary ace, soulroll bragging about his score, map variation, rock the voting at Havanna, rock the voting dropped, everyone realised that meant we had to play havanna, rock the voting reinstated, awps being restricted, having to actually BUY ammo, throwing empty guns at noobs, ramp access for 30+, Most Wanted and their rages, Sancho Milk and their raiders,

and finally, when ICONZ was fun.

:')

Reply #30 Posted: March 05, 2009, 12:15:11 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
I'd hate to tell you this pix, but i still do play!

Reply #31 Posted: March 05, 2009, 12:32:15 am

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Haha, sorry DDM, guess I just don't see you on very much? :o

Reply #32 Posted: March 05, 2009, 12:46:40 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline Soulrolll

• Just settled in
  • Soulrolll has no influence.
Quote from: pix;898523
Ahh... The old days, the days of Tiwa's tent, Netherai, DDM actually played, the legendary ace, soulroll bragging about his score, map variation, rock the voting at Havanna, rock the voting dropped, everyone realised that meant we had to play havanna, rock the voting reinstated, awps being restricted, having to actually BUY ammo, throwing empty guns at noobs, ramp access for 30+, Most Wanted and their rages, Sancho Milk and their raiders,

and finally, when ICONZ was fun.

:')

Don't be a hater :), I remember back in the day when you used to stack iconz like the rest of them :D.

Reply #33 Posted: March 05, 2009, 07:45:19 am
[SIGPIC]http://forums.iconzarena.co.nz/signaturepics/sigpic1925_19.gif[/SIGPIC]

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
are any admins goign to comment on this? taken into consideration, being discussed, fuck off freak?

Reply #34 Posted: March 05, 2009, 08:52:10 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
we're discussing it in the Admin area man..using your ideas and some of our own.

:D

so dont worry we actually do...do something :P

Reply #35 Posted: March 05, 2009, 09:03:49 am

Offline Growler

good man!

nice to hear you are taking note! now hurry the fuck up ;)

Reply #36 Posted: March 05, 2009, 09:14:14 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: relworG;897260

2 servers? Great.
But make them one of them a smaller one, like 14p.
20 just gets messy IMO, it detracts from my funtime.

and...
Add a 14 player GG Team DM server that doesn't play shit maps.
So three servers.
WINNING COMBINATION!

Reply #37 Posted: March 05, 2009, 11:20:51 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline ..super^

• Addicted
  • ..super^ has no influence.
iconz private pug server FTW!

Reply #38 Posted: March 05, 2009, 11:25:29 am

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;898698
2 servers? Great.
But make them one of them a smaller one, like 14p.
20 just gets messy IMO, it detracts from my funtime.

and...
Add a 14 player GG Team DM server that doesn't play shit maps.
So three servers.
WINNING COMBINATION!

Dropping them down to 14 players in my opinion would be worse , means you would have to wait even longer to get into the Server , sometimes we get steam friend messaged or msn'd and sometimes even txt'd about a hacker or tosspot and we cant even get into the server to sort the problem out.

Go back to the 20 slot , the only reason why we dropped it down to 16 slot was for the stability of the server (better reg etc)

If we are going to ditch a Server or 2 then the Servers Reg would be a lot more stable etc.

I've been monitoring the GG Server and there's never anybody on it , just like Server 1,2,3, everybody seems to be on dust2 24/7 which is a 16 slot, so realistically there is only ever at 1 time 16 people playing CSS on Iconz, get rid of the dust2 24/7 and revert back to a popular and vanilla server and then put a vote out either a GG Deathmatch or a normal CSS Deathmatch.

One of the reasons we are needing to do this besides needing to attract players back to CSS is that Iconz needs to free up Server Box space , so if we can put our 2 or 3 servers on 1 box then we have contibuted to the cause , the other box can be used for some other game or what ever Iconz wants to do with it, just a thought to remember when we are discussing .

Reply #39 Posted: March 05, 2009, 12:44:08 pm
The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog ?

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
Quote from: ..super^;898701
iconz private pug server FTW!

+rep when I can lol

Man that would be so awesome but with the state of affairs atm I cant see that happening.

Good idea tho supeR , like if you want to play on the pug server make it that you will have to register with Iconz first.

Gotgames has an awesome setup with that, which attracts Aus and NZ players to it but worth a thought but I just couldn't see it happening in the near future.

Reply #40 Posted: March 05, 2009, 12:47:55 pm

Offline Growler

is that the one that uses IRC to form teams up etc haps?

Reply #41 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:01:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
Iconz doesn't need 5 servers. The last time I saw 2 servers (decently) populated would be a year+ ago let alone 5. If it's going to improve rego use 2-3 servers I reckon.

Reply #42 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:19:24 pm

Offline eiGGib

• I Posted!
  • eiGGib has no influence.
i created an account just to reply to this thread (how much i miss the old days)

i totally agree with removing all the old servers and creating 1 two week trial server with the old skool maps (excl havana) eg cheatau nd piranesi and even keeping rank would be cool but I really can't remember the servers performance being bad before they introduced the new rank but I can't really remember that long ago

two week trial 20 person server trial ftw

Reply #43 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:24:09 pm

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
Quote from: relworG;898756
is that the one that uses IRC to form teams up etc haps?

Ummm dunno about IRC pretty sure you can join via that tho, but you need to install Mozilla FireFox to be able to access it , you just go to there site and pick which pug you wanna join (there is at least 5-6 on at one time)
So you just join in a pug and wait til it fills up out of the 100 odd people that are there, it then automatically sends you to a server once it's fill after you press "OK" or gives you a ip and pw.
Sorts out what team your in automatically and starts the pug up automatically once everyone's in.

Reply #44 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:33:08 pm

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
Quote from: eiGGib;898767
i created an account just to reply to this thread (how much i miss the old days)

i totally agree with removing all the old servers and creating 1 two week trial server with the old skool maps (excl havana) eg cheatau nd piranesi and even keeping rank would be cool but I really can't remember the servers performance being bad before they introduced the new rank but I can't really remember that long ago

two week trial 20 person server trial ftw

Welcome bro , good to see some input from some of the old school players :P

Reply #45 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:34:38 pm

Offline Meth0d

• I Posted!
  • Meth0d has no influence.
Quote from: hemihapuka;898746
Dropping them down to 14 players in my opinion would be worse , means you would have to wait even longer to get into the Server , sometimes we get steam friend messaged or msn'd and sometimes even txt'd about a hacker or tosspot and we cant even get into the server to sort the problem out.

Go back to the 20 slot , the only reason why we dropped it down to 16 slot was for the stability of the server (better reg etc)

If we are going to ditch a Server or 2 then the Servers Reg would be a lot more stable etc.

I've been monitoring the GG Server and there's never anybody on it , just like Server 1,2,3, everybody seems to be on dust2 24/7 which is a 16 slot, so realistically there is only ever at 1 time 16 people playing CSS on Iconz, get rid of the dust2 24/7 and revert back to a popular and vanilla server and then put a vote out either a GG Deathmatch or a normal CSS Deathmatch.

One of the reasons we are needing to do this besides needing to attract players back to CSS is that Iconz needs to free up Server Box space , so if we can put our 2 or 3 servers on 1 box then we have contibuted to the cause , the other box can be used for some other game or what ever Iconz wants to do with it, just a thought to remember when we are discussing .

Use admin reserve slots? I.E server has 16 slots and a special 17th slot only for admins. The majority of Css servers have this feature. >.<

As for DD2 24/7 I'm all for a popular maps server. Just remove the dud maps that make people leave in mass numbers i.e havanna etc and add some beauties like De_season.

Keep the ranking system. Alot of people like to see their rank/kpd improve over time and this in turn creates alot of interest in the servers.

Reply #46 Posted: March 05, 2009, 01:49:24 pm

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
We do actually have a Admin slot but it only seems to work for certain admins and then only works for them when it feels free to work for them if you get where I'm heading lol.

That definitely needs to be sorted asap tbh.

I dont mind Havana tbh , quite enjoy running around small confined spaces shooting people lol , I still dont know why people dont like the map.

Reply #47 Posted: March 05, 2009, 02:13:39 pm

Offline Growler

yeah rank for kpd etc i see a sbeing a feature, but amni can run that natively without having to implement HLSTATSX, which should romove some of the performance issues. Still ahve your core what place am i, how many kills, kpd etc.

Reply #48 Posted: March 05, 2009, 02:23:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
  • Merchant has no influence.
I vote for change too (I recognize this rant), I've not bothered playing in Iconz servers for a while and I've even deleted them from favourites as theres only so much Dust_2 a man can take, especially when its the same old shit everytime, you could probably play a recording of it in cycle and nobody would notice the difference :)

I see the Iconz servers are pretty much dead now apart from the same 30 or so people who hang out on D2 trying to outrank eachother, its a full on dullathon in there....what a total shame, Iconz servers used to be stunning, now they are just stinking (in 2 months of not playing I've lost only 20 positions, that shows how dead it is)

I'd love to see just 2 servers running classic map cycles again, FF, timers whatever the hell anyone wants, just not the same fecking D2 again and again and again and again and again.

Oh yes OMT.......Bring back ACE!!!!!!

Reply #49 Posted: March 05, 2009, 02:27:36 pm