Topic: Fitocracy

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Fitocracy is a workout tracker that provides a whole heap of shit that gamers like. You earn points for workouts, get props from your budz, earn sick achievements and even go on fitness related quests. You can track this via the website, or on the mobile app while you are gyming it up (I find that racking weights and adding notes or changing numbers on my account gives me just enough breathing time between sets). It even lets you set routines, so if you have a complex workout schedule you can just select the day's workout and it prepopulates the data you need to know what you want to hit. Then, when you get home, you can tweak that routine if you found it too easy or too challenging.

Really, it's just a way to encourage you to exercise more by exhibiting the pressure of your peer group. But you know what? It's pretty fun. You get to track your lifts over time, so you easily see when you hit new personal records. Working out hard and getting a new level feels better in this than in most video games. And it's another place that we as a forum can have fun together.

Link.

The above link is my referrer link, so you will auto be my friend when you sign up (you can then unfriend me, you hateful animals). If enough people do (say 5), I'll create a group for all the Getsomalians so we can easily work out on being the most boss men and women we can be.

Come Get Some!

Posted: February 03, 2014, 09:43:28 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Looks interesting, will have to look into it a bit more

Reply #1 Posted: February 03, 2014, 09:49:50 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
You know I'm gonna be all up in this shit! Joined, added and will analyse over the next day or so.

So is basically just a "add what you did" but also "plan what you're gonna do" type app, and thus it gamifies your activities?

Reply #2 Posted: February 04, 2014, 12:53:24 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Exactly. By comparison your performance to others it Also encourages addiction always activity and keeps your spirit up. You should check out how it into greatest with Runkeeper and other fitness apps, since I know you are a fan of rambling.

FUCK AUTOCORRECT
Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:27:17 pm by Arnifix

Reply #3 Posted: February 04, 2014, 01:24:35 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I signed up a few days ago, but it all seems like a hassle. I'm getting lazy logging my food on MFP too. My gains =(

Edit: Ok, I've added who I recognize. Anyone laughs at my numbers I will put a bomb under your car.
Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:16:59 pm by Clin

Reply #4 Posted: February 04, 2014, 02:10:53 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Exactly. By comparing your performance to others it also encourages addiction always activity and keeps your spirit up. You should check out how it integrates with Runkeeper and other fitness apps, since I know you are a fan of walking.

FUCK AUTOCORRECT

Tried to fix it as best I could...

Yeah, I'm now using Nike Running app as I've switched across to the Nike Fuelband+ SE instead of the dirty old fitbit. I found that the steps wasn't a solid measure of what I was doing, and the Fuelband and Nike Fuel gamify up the exercise quite nicely.

That said, getting back in to the gym will mean this can work nicely in to the whole regime, so I'll give it a bash, and report accordingly!

Reply #5 Posted: February 04, 2014, 02:23:59 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
I do a fair old amount of running (eg last month I did 220+kms), I have been using Runkeeper for a couple years now and find it pretty good at base tracking. It is reasonably consistent with the GPS although it does glitch in heavy cloud the odd time or if you are in dense forest etc.
I like how you can designate routes etc and then try to beat your best times. You can add notes etc post exercise and program specific runs. Its good for reviewing elevations etc.

I hate the Gym but when I go (maybe once or twice a month) I have been using Jefit, it seems to have a good range of exercise and technique notes etc.

Reply #6 Posted: February 04, 2014, 03:09:04 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I do a fair old amount of running (eg last month I did 220+kms), I have been using Runkeeper for a couple years now and find it pretty good at base tracking. It is reasonably consistent with the GPS although it does glitch in heavy cloud the odd time or if you are in dense forest etc.
I like how you can designate routes etc and then try to beat your best times. You can add notes etc post exercise and program specific runs. Its good for reviewing elevations etc.

I use this as well. Its quite nice to just get some real time stats as well on lap times, as well as how far you are behind your target. Only function it is missing is the ability to race yourself(so compares your progress in the run, with what you had last run). I had that on a previous app (Endomondo), and it was pretty fun.

Reply #7 Posted: February 04, 2014, 11:05:31 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
there was a zombie app at one stage, it had zombie noises if you slowed down they got louder, if you sped up they got further away etc. great idea (especially when you do late night or early morning runs in forest) but too expensive though.

Reply #8 Posted: February 05, 2014, 09:47:42 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Do they have an app for lazy basterds who don't workout?

Reply #9 Posted: February 05, 2014, 04:41:23 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #10 Posted: February 05, 2014, 04:50:13 pm

lol @ console hate