Topic: The 2012 Super Rugby Thread

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Money is on the Red's this year, too much money in the Cheifs won't buy you wins and the Blues and Crusaders are just same old same old.

Posted: February 27, 2012, 11:16:47 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Kilabee signing out from super rugby.Mid way second half blues vs chiefs and I will not waste any more of my time supporting the steaming pile of shit that is the blues.Over and out.

Reply #1 Posted: March 02, 2012, 08:51:22 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Nice rage Kila :D

Reply #2 Posted: March 03, 2012, 01:15:21 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Haha I haven't calmed down yet.It's not helped by the Tron boys calling in those drunken bets.

Reply #3 Posted: March 03, 2012, 02:04:45 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
pffft. Dorkland is the NZ cricket team of  Super rugby. Never bet on them

Reply #4 Posted: March 03, 2012, 02:09:14 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Auckland will be the new Hurricanes ;)

Hurricanes to do well this year and put some of the coach haters to rest ;)

Reply #5 Posted: March 03, 2012, 02:13:45 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Personally i am happy the blues started off poorly. There best seasons in the past 7 odd years since they won the championship have been the ones where they came from the lower half of the table to either sneak into the playoffs or just miss out. 2007 still sits in my memory, where they were 8-1 early on, and just snuck into the playoffs after a late season fade. And couldn't produce the magic in the playoffs. Compare that to 2004, where we were 1 win after 6 rounds. Then carlos spencer produced one of the most memorable games i have watched, as they destroyed the bulls ( and promptly lost to the stormers the next week :D)

Also , means there is more chance we will see more of anscombe, if they play poorly early on.
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:42:13 pm by toofast

Reply #6 Posted: March 03, 2012, 02:38:43 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1473084

Barely beating the Lions who are a bottom of the table team doesn't suggest that.

Reply #7 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:56:43 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
well come on now, Auckland lost (thrashed!), Wellington won.  Lets look at it again in 6 weeks!

Reply #8 Posted: March 05, 2012, 09:17:23 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Hopeless

• Just settled in
  • Hopeless has no influence.
for the canes to win anything in S.A. is doing pretty well imo, pretty hard to play in front of the crowds over there

Reply #9 Posted: March 05, 2012, 02:15:32 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
:>

Anscombe pulls off the classic rookie game, to lead the blues to the win. Wasn't a masterful game from the team, since they continue to let teams back into games they should of locked down. But beating the bulls in SA is always good.

Reply #10 Posted: March 11, 2012, 10:09:45 am

Offline Growler

Quote from: Growler;1473084

Cough.

Reply #11 Posted: March 24, 2012, 07:18:36 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Didn't watch the game tbh, only heard Blues let in a try in the last minute lol. Must be hard with half your top team injured, sadly this has been a regular occurrence for the Blues in the past few years.

Reply #12 Posted: March 24, 2012, 01:17:48 pm

Offline Growler

Wellington 4 trys to 1... sounds like they deserved to win, but didn't see the game either.

What are the hammet haters saying in wellington now, all that talent that went to auckland and all the new blood in wellington. Maybe hammet was right all along?

Reply #13 Posted: March 24, 2012, 01:26:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Was drinking with a guy who is coached by Hammets brother in law yesterday. He was sayng there was a lot of shit going on in Wgton that never made the papers. Basically those ditched thought they were bigger than the team. They used to show up to practices hungover, and miss team meetings when they felt like it. Hammet basically told them to pull their heads in or fuck off, and when they continued with their behaviour unchanged,  he showed them the door. Fuckin good on him.

Reply #14 Posted: March 24, 2012, 02:44:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Wellington, according to my boss, who's on some important committees, are just a bunch of show ponies.

So I believe every word you've posted, Woo.

Reply #15 Posted: March 24, 2012, 02:47:33 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Yea hurricanes to win for sure this year. Narrowly beat a heavily injured blues team, title contenders for sure.

Reply #16 Posted: March 24, 2012, 03:21:11 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Not hoping Wellington will win the title this year, just that they show some application, passion and desire and they seem to be so far

I watched the game and they didn't really deserve to win, they were just feeding off scraps, but they did hang in there and take the points so good on them.

Reply #17 Posted: March 24, 2012, 03:46:11 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Go the Chiefs!!  7 wins in a row. just a pity they didn't get the bonus point, then they would have had 3 times the points of the Blues.
The Cheifs seem to be doing enough to get the wins but not the 4 try bonus.
Poor old blues have got as many points from losing as winning.

Reply #18 Posted: April 22, 2012, 06:51:14 am
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Jemsin

• I Posted!
  • Jemsin has no influence.
Watching the Blues throw the game to the Hurricanes in the last 30 seconds at Eden Park still my lowest point of the season.

My True Blues home game pass is now looking very sad with these results :( oh well! Gotta stay true! with a bit of luck might be able to fight their way to mid table in the remaining fixtures!!

Reply #19 Posted: April 23, 2012, 11:55:49 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
But, on another note, GO THE HIGHLANDERS! Great season for them. GG Jamie Joseph.

Reply #20 Posted: April 23, 2012, 02:02:08 pm

Offline flixide

• Just settled in
  • flixide is looked down upon.
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1481832
But, on another note, GO THE HIGHLANDERS! Great season for them. GG Jamie Joseph.

BLUES BUDDY

Reply #21 Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:26:27 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: flixide;1482090
BLUES BUDDY

Indeed.

Reply #22 Posted: March 01, 2013, 09:47:00 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: kilabee;1519535
Indeed.

Too early to start believing again. I think so, but it might be worth tuning into a few more of their games.

Reply #23 Posted: March 02, 2013, 09:26:00 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: toofast;1519553
Too early to start believing again. I think so, but it might be worth tuning into a few more of their games.

I'm hearing ya.But i'm married to a cantab so I celebrate these victories long and hard (as they are few and far between)

Reply #24 Posted: March 02, 2013, 11:07:07 am