Topic: I'll take One. HTC One Google Edition is real.

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
I like the look, the metal unibody, and the front facing speakers on the HTC over the S4. The screen is pretty too, but the s4's is also stunning.

I like the expandable memory of the S4 however. This will be the hardest thing to give up as currently I don't have an ipod and I use a couple of 16 gb cards and swap em out every now and then.

Reply #25 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:57:09 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: BushySB;1526948
That seems to be the general concensis around here but why? what makes the HTC better?

Build Quality mostly. Spec wise they are similar but reports are that the galaxies are pretty flimsy. There are pro's and cons to each but in the end I want a phone that can take a little hit.
Beats Audio is mint, I wasn't even aware that it would be so good for a phone.

Reply #26 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:58:16 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Its not made of fucking plastic.

$1000 for a fucking plastic phone that is not really for all *intents and purposes* any better built then a $99 phone?
Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:16:16 am by swindle

Reply #27 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:59:07 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
*intents and purposes lolz

Reply #28 Posted: June 13, 2013, 09:25:11 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
My bad. I was actually genuinely interested to check this thread when I had seen you post in it as I assumed you had something interesting and/or relevant to add.

All you do now is appear about of nowhere as a grammar nazi and vanish.

Enjoying that?
Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:17:55 am by swindle

Reply #29 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:15:51 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Jesus. Guilt trip much?

I like metal bodies, but I dislike HTC Sense, so win-win?

Not that I would spend that much on a phone.

Reply #30 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:39:04 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Mine was free.

Reply #31 Posted: June 13, 2013, 02:03:13 pm

Offline mattnz

Well I would pay that much.

Reply #32 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:32:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I almost wish I had one, but even though my old HTC is slow... I don't see much point in upgrading as I barely use it other than TO MAKE PHONE CALLS. Radical I know, but that's how I roll.

Reply #33 Posted: June 13, 2013, 09:30:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

You could get the normal one and just run cm10.1, essentially the same o-o

Reply #34 Posted: June 14, 2013, 04:40:46 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1526953
Build Quality mostly. Spec wise they are similar but reports are that the galaxies are pretty flimsy. There are pro's and cons to each but in the end I want a phone that can take a little hit.
Beats Audio is mint, I wasn't even aware that it would be so good for a phone.

Reply #35 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:35:39 pm

Offline Emrico1

TLDWatch, regardles, the audio is surprisingly good.

Reply #36 Posted: June 14, 2013, 09:40:11 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Pick up any other android phone with a graphic EQ, make a V shape with it and listen to music on it. All the beats audio is really doing when it is on is turning on an EQ profile that hilights the interesting frequencies. When beats audio is off it does the reverse EQ profile and makes a ^ shaped EQ, turning down the less the interesting frequencies and hilighting the more 'boring' ones.

There is some good features with the hardware of the beats audio but the difference it makes is small. There is also some placebo in turning beats audio '"ON", get some people help you do a DBT with a google edition ROM HTC One and another phone both with no EQ.

Reply #37 Posted: June 15, 2013, 07:56:56 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
I think for the most part its the fact that the speakers  are crisp, facing the correct way, there are two of them and they are in stereo. Well thats the standout features for me, Beats is just marketing hype.

Reply #38 Posted: June 15, 2013, 09:32:16 am

Offline swindle

Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1527150
the speakers  are crisp, facing the correct way, there are two of them and they are in stereo.

Straight up. Beats or no beats.

Reply #39 Posted: June 15, 2013, 09:52:09 am