Topic: New Apple Pro.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1527014
This is clearly a giant Butt Plug so that Apple Fanbois can get even more intimate with their Macs....

So you have already pre-ordered?

:p

Reply #75 Posted: June 13, 2013, 12:25:13 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1527015
So you have already pre-ordered?

:p

If I was going to pre-order a Butt Plug - it certainly wouldn't be an Apple one.

I don't like the idea of paying twice the price for the logo on my butt plugs for the same amount of penetration

Reply #76 Posted: June 13, 2013, 12:29:57 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
The iButt pLug. Has a certain ring to it.

Reply #77 Posted: June 13, 2013, 02:00:34 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
So that is what Phillip Schiller meant when he said "Can't Innovate My Ass!"

Reply #78 Posted: June 13, 2013, 02:07:09 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I want a waste disposal unit in the middle so when some fan boy tries to stick his dick in it... well you know.

Reply #79 Posted: June 13, 2013, 05:11:40 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
iFleshlight

Reply #80 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:04:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindle;1527000
Its not, you just have a significantly higher temperature threshold with a cars cooling system.

Like with the water loop, the entire loop heats up, but the parts in question don't produce nearly as much heat as an internal combustion engine.

Engines also don't circulate water continuiously. The water is trapped and captures heat, then the thermostat opens and cool water flows in, hot flows out to be coolled in the radiator until the thermostat opens again.

Reply #81 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:05:23 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
High five for starting a science discussion.

I think everything was answered.

Reply #82 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:49:58 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1527048
Engines also don't circulate water continuiously. The water is trapped and captures heat, then the thermostat opens and cool water flows in, hot flows out to be coolled in the radiator until the thermostat opens again.

Thermostats generally only stay closed until the engine hits running temp then remain open for the whole trip. Its there to help the engine heat up faster.

Reply #83 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:57:12 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1527053
Thermostats generally only stay closed until the engine hits running temp then remain open for the whole trip. Its there to help the engine heat up faster.

88 deg cel

usually.

but obv the temp can get higher.

I think the cooling system in a car ought to get up to, theoretically, the same temp as a computer.

You wouldn't want your car getting much beyond 100-120, as much as you wouldn't want your computer getting much beyond 100-120

Reply #84 Posted: June 13, 2013, 07:25:28 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I have spent a lot of time on the internet, visiting sections of it there there are lots of people who watercool their computers. I have done it to mine, twice, so I know a little about this kinda thing.

Temp the water in a loop gets to depends on many factors, but 30-40c would be average from what I have seen.

The whole "does the water heat up" and "does the order of my loop matter" has been covered many times. I am looking for a thread where this was discussed in detail, physiks will blow your head.

brb.

EDIT: This is worth a read. Gives an example of why adding more water to a system has little point. Once the water reaches equilibrium, is stays at that temp and heat is continually removed while its generated.

From http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?196900-Theoretical-Question-on-WC-amp-Multiple-Reservoirs&highlight=44+gallon+drum
It's moot and completely personal preference unless you have some specific need to bleed the air very quickly like for testing purposes where it makes a difference, or if you're going to do something very extreme like the 55 gallondrum thing.

While water does have a very good "Specific Heat" value, it still makes very little difference unless you planned to only load your processor for a few minutes at a time.

Water has a specific heat value of around 4.18 J/g-K.

So if you do the math, that means for 1 liter of water it only takes about 5.8 watts to raise that water temperaute 5 degrees per hour.

So 100 watts will raise the temperature of 1 liter of water 5 degrees in only 3.5minutes. So even if you added another 1 liter reservoir to your loop, your water now takes a whopping 7 minutes to raise. I have about a 1 gallon reservoir in my test system, but it's not for specific heat, it's there to instantly bleed the loop and provide room for water heaters. On that system I find that a good delta like 5 degrees usually takes around 15minutes to reach equilibrium +-, a 10 Degree delta about 30 minutes and a 15 degree delta about 45 minutes. But on any system, you've also got to account for the heat storage in the radiators metals and the reservoir ect, they all absorb heat.

But in the end, I never use my system for 5 or 10 minute sittings, it's always longer than that. So unless you're planning to do the 55gallon drum, I don't see the value in adding more volume to a water cooling setup. A reservoir over a T line, yes if you want fast bleeding or an easier time getting the loop filled up, but after a few days the performance is pretty much the same and to me, it's a personal preference thing.

I run T-lines typically in my system were my loops are to remain long term, and reservoirs where I'm testing and need fast bleeding performance.
Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:00:26 pm by mycoolcar

Reply #85 Posted: June 13, 2013, 07:52:55 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mycoolcar;1527056
I have spent a lot of time on the internet, visiting sections of it there there are lots of people who watercool their computers. I have done it to mine, twice, so I know a little about this kinda thing.

Temp the water in a loop gets to depends on many factors, but 30-40c would be average from what I have seen.

The whole "does the water heat up" and "does the order of my loop matter" has been covered many times. I am looking for a thread where this was discussed in detail, physiks will blow your head.

A lot of time on the internet? and the phsyics blows your head?

What a waste of time that was.

Reply #86 Posted: June 14, 2013, 12:25:51 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Notice the wording, physiks will blow YOUR head. Not mine, YOUR​ head.

Reply #87 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:31:08 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: mycoolcar;1527121
Notice the wording, physiks will blow YOUR head. Not mine, YOUR​ head.

As I said, a waste of time.

Reply #88 Posted: June 14, 2013, 08:19:50 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7910[/ATTACH]

Reply #89 Posted: June 15, 2013, 08:09:29 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Q = h A ΔT