Topic: Slingshot Global Mode

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Anyone here with slingshot? Interesting move by them.

http://slingshot.co.nz/products/global-mode

Posted: June 24, 2013, 03:40:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Man that's worded funny.

Why are they talking as if the only people who want to enjoy US content are people coming to NZ from the US?

Reply #1 Posted: June 24, 2013, 03:41:54 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1527715
Man that's worded funny.

We don't want your guests being treated like second class citizens just because they are staying in NZ...

Hello my American friend, welcome to the land of second class citizens, I've made a bed up in the hay shed, there's a sheep you can cuddle up too if you get a bit cold.

Reply #2 Posted: June 24, 2013, 03:55:27 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Retardobot;1527715
Man that's worded funny.

Why are they talking as if the only people who want to enjoy US content are people coming to NZ from the US?

Its a marketing ploy. They are taking the tact that they are removing the geo restriction so overseas visitors in New Zealand can view websites from their home country rather than saying outright that they are circumventing subscription networks by allowing New Zealanders access to overseas free to air channels.

Reply #3 Posted: June 24, 2013, 03:59:19 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Go go marketing spin! Not sure if they're going to be able to fool the comcom.

I wonder if they'll put caps on US services when you use global mode to make it look legitimate?

Reply #4 Posted: June 24, 2013, 04:02:51 pm

Hopefully other ISP's follow suit.

It won't be good for Quickflix though when everyone finds out they can sign up to Netflix (and for cheaper).

At least Quickflix were trying to get streaming TV going in NZ. I give them credit for that.

Reply #5 Posted: June 24, 2013, 04:05:39 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Retardobot;1527719
I wonder if they'll put caps on US services when you use global mode to make it look legitimate?

Not sure if any restrictions are in the plan TBH. Going by their interview on the news the other night they are just going to remove all geo restrictions on their service. When asked about the fact that New Zealand citizens would use this to access US Ebay and the likes of Netflix and the effect on Trademe and Sky etc, he just said that inevitably some New Zealanders would use the service for ways other than intended and there is no way to police it.

Its such a thin veil and I salute them for it. I can only imagine the backlash as this presses on.

Reply #6 Posted: June 24, 2013, 04:15:55 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
With slingshot ATM, going to try it out and report back with findings.

Reply #7 Posted: June 24, 2013, 04:52:49 pm

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1527722
With slingshot ATM, going to try it out and report back with findings.

I recommend House of Cards.

And the new Arrested Development season.

Reply #8 Posted: June 24, 2013, 04:55:24 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
House of Cards is good stuff. Never thought I could get into a political drama.

Reply #9 Posted: June 24, 2013, 05:25:12 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."