Topic: The official NFL (National Football League) thread

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;1446140
Good picks. Meanwhile, the Cowboys finally get the win. And i was looking at the Dolphins because i thought they couldn't keep losing - and they proved me right. If only i'd backed it up with some cash. :( Oh, did i tell you i hate the $#@!en Giants - i had a feeling they were going to beat the Pats.

Happens to me all the time, I over think the pick and end up not placing money on it. Nice pick on the fish, I couldnt bring myself to put money on a winless team.

I think the Rams are better than the lowly Browns and that the Lions will beat the Bears who are due for a let down after that big win over the Eagles.

Im all over the Giants this week too, with Frank Gore playing on one leg I dont think the 49ers will be able to run the ball like they need to to be effective. Alex smith is still Alex Smith.... I hope im right :/

Reply #175 Posted: November 12, 2011, 11:58:48 pm
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Jets v Patriots - watch the replay, bitches!

Reply #176 Posted: November 14, 2011, 09:13:03 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Matthew Stafford and Rob Gronkowski screwed up my picks terribly.

Not a great one if im honest.

Reply #177 Posted: November 14, 2011, 10:33:56 pm

Offline TofuEater

The Jets and Patriots always dish up a good game but listening to Chris Collinsworth it sounded like they got themselves too worked up during practice that week. I think it was an amazing insight into sport at the highest level - the Jets were all hyped up and the Patriots approached it like any other game.

Reply #178 Posted: November 15, 2011, 09:52:45 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
CARDINALS.

That is all.

Reply #179 Posted: November 15, 2011, 10:52:50 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Buffalo and Oakland are my only plays this week.

Reply #180 Posted: November 18, 2011, 11:47:05 pm

Offline TofuEater

The Eagles @ $2.70 stand out for me. Sure, the Giants beat the Patriots but they have their number. I haven't seen anything special from them this season, whereas the Eagles seem to have fixed up their run defence and have threats all over the park. Vick is starting to look very dangerous. The Bengals are a value bet @ $3.40 against the Ravens, imo. I agree that Buffalo are good odds against the fish.

Reply #181 Posted: November 19, 2011, 07:29:42 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1449749
The Eagles @ $2.70 stand out for me. Sure, the Giants beat the Patriots but they have their number. I haven't seen anything special from them this season, whereas the Eagles seem to have fixed up their run defence and have threats all over the park. Vick is starting to look very dangerous. The Bengals are a value bet @ $3.40 against the Ravens, imo. I agree that Buffalo are good odds against the fish.

I cant see why Buffalo is an underdog, Miami is terrible at home.... and in general.

The Bengals are a good pick, you just never know which Ravens team is going to show up though, the one that beat the Steelers twice or the one that lost to the Seahawks. Also, the Bengals are missing A.J Green which takes away their number one deep threat.

The Eagles were in a tough spot last week against the Cards with Kolb being able to recognize most of their plays and I am still amazed that the Giants have managed to win this many games. I like that pick.

Edit: Looks like Vick wont be starting, rib injury so it might be Kafka which doesn't really fill me with confidence.
Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:49:18 pm by EskemoJoe

Reply #182 Posted: November 19, 2011, 08:42:39 pm

Offline TofuEater

Apparently Ray Lewis isn't starting for the Ravens, which will take a lot of their passion out if he's sidelined. He's always the one geeing the team up, but it won't be the same if he's not playing himself. If Vick is out that changes the Eagles slightly, but i'd still take them - i think the Jets are flattering to deceive. Bengals - yeah, i can't figure those odds. Good win by the Broncos last night too!

Reply #183 Posted: November 19, 2011, 08:54:20 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Nice Eagles pick but hard luck with the Bengals, they were a bit robbed by that no TD call.

Oh and fuck the Broncos, although we tried our hardest to loose that game and we eventually succeeded in doing so.

And what the hell happened to the Bills and the team that started 4-0?

Reply #184 Posted: November 23, 2011, 10:41:23 pm

Offline TofuEater

The Bengals were unlucky alright. I know they lost but the scoreline showed they were good value at $3.40. Ah well, made up for it with the Eagles, but i sweated all the way to the end. :) I'm glad i didn't get to watch the Pats until after i knew the result - they were AWFUL in the first half.

Reply #185 Posted: November 24, 2011, 10:29:05 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
nom nom nom

2 games until the super bowl.

Reply #186 Posted: January 16, 2012, 01:44:34 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
already? fuck it seems like the last one happened only 2 months ago

Reply #187 Posted: January 16, 2012, 01:45:53 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
I know. Should be good.

Kind of want to see the Ravens win it. But I don't think they'll beat the Patriots, and the Patriots will probably win XLVI

Reply #188 Posted: January 16, 2012, 02:47:52 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I dunno, I still reckon the Warriors could take it.

Reply #189 Posted: January 16, 2012, 09:18:19 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Quote from: Xenolightning;1462361
I know. Should be good.

Kind of want to see the Ravens win it. But I don't think they'll beat the Broncos, and the Packers will probably win XLVII

I concur.
Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:30:40 am by Xenolightning

Reply #190 Posted: January 13, 2013, 10:28:21 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Ravens up at half-time.

Can they do it...

Reply #191 Posted: February 04, 2013, 02:24:36 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
YES THEY CAN

Reply #192 Posted: February 04, 2013, 05:10:35 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Yeh so I didn't want to know who won as I was going to watch it later. Then I went on twitter :(

Aw well should still be a good watch.

Reply #193 Posted: February 04, 2013, 05:25:59 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Yeah, looks like it was a game of two halves. The last few minutes were a little nail biting.

Reply #194 Posted: February 04, 2013, 06:13:15 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-