Topic: ASB Bank are a bunch of arseholes.

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
TrustBank was good, till they got taken out by Westpac and then all down hill from there...

Reply #25 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:31:08 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
yeah ABS are cunts, they did exactly the same to me. I just paid them the 40$ bucks, and closed by ASB account, their loss - all my big money goes into that account.

ANZ are ok, they let me live with my overdraft in realitive peace, i might extend it to 2000 soon cause i can.

Reply #26 Posted: April 02, 2007, 03:42:30 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Banks are banks.

You know what they say though:

Owe your bank a thousand dollars and you have a problem.

Owe your bank a million dollars and your bank has a problem.

Having said that, National have been ok for me.

Reply #27 Posted: April 02, 2007, 04:35:42 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Be careful when depositing/transferring over the net to national accounts.

I transferred $300 from my regular account to my credit card account which would bring everything even, next statement comes in and i magically seem to owe them the $300 i transferred two weeks earlier.

But they were nice and helpful when i rang up and complained, got everything fixed quicksmart.

Reply #28 Posted: April 02, 2007, 07:33:53 pm

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Quote from: Xt1ncT;378992
Don't go to National.

We wanted to re-finance, and they were being total arseholes about it, at least our new personal banker was. They wouldn't approve it despite me and my wife earning well in excess of what was needed to service the loan. So instead of looking after an existing customer they lost us to Westpac who approved it almost immediately.

So yeah, I'd recommend Westpac, but just check their terms and conditions to make sure you don't get stung for things you don't want to be stung for.

NAt bank are honestly mean for students, i got a overdraft which i dont use, but if i need to 9and i have in the past) i can ring my banking consultant and shell arrange it. also im working atm, going back to uni, and they let me stay on student pack...absolutely no fees, cept for using other banks atm's, spamming the phone banking, and 3 bucks a month to have a overdraft

Reply #29 Posted: April 02, 2007, 07:41:19 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Quote from: Xt1ncT;379068
Nope. At least it doesn't compare to some of hte others. In fact they've only just made it so you can set up your own AP's.

Funny, because that's how I felt about National.

Horses for courses really. If a bank has treated you badly you won't go back to them - which is what happened with National. Westpac came to the party and have been great :)

and i find national banks internet banking awesome as well...LOL

Reply #30 Posted: April 02, 2007, 07:43:11 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Such extreme charges are illegal in the UK. The bank only has the right to charge what it costs them in real world terms for the administrative fees. $25 aint it.

Banks are having to repay millions over here atm :D

Reply #31 Posted: April 02, 2007, 08:03:23 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline 1/2Pulse.

• Addicted
  • 1/2Pulse. has no influence.
Quote from: DooleysMagic;378993
National Bank are student friendly but not so good for loans. But do you want a loan? Or do you want student friendly?

National bank are the best we have been with them for many years and we have had absolutely no problems with them when it comes to loans.

Reply #32 Posted: April 02, 2007, 08:06:20 pm

Offline Possessed

• Just settled in
  • Possessed has no influence.
ANZ are sweet for students
$3 a month for a $1000 overdraft and i don't have to go in every year to prove i'm still a student........which i may not be.  o and they set up pretty good flat accounts with no fees whatsoever if you use under 20 transactions a month and don't get statements in the mail

Reply #33 Posted: April 02, 2007, 08:13:44 pm
Quote from: Spork
Girls have poopers too. :P

LOL

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
Quote from: Xt1ncT;378992
Don't go to National.

We wanted to re-finance, and they were being total arseholes about it, at least our new personal banker was. They wouldn't approve it despite me and my wife earning well in excess of what was needed to service the loan. So instead of looking after an existing customer they lost us to Westpac who approved it almost immediately.

So yeah, I'd recommend Westpac, but just check their terms and conditions to make sure you don't get stung for things you don't want to be stung for.

The guy we used to know there was really good, the new loan guy sucks.

National will be fine for an everyday account though.

Reply #34 Posted: April 02, 2007, 08:23:04 pm

Offline Lone-Star

• Addicted
  • Lone-Star has no influence.
Being that i work for National bank and Asb.
I would have to say Nationa bank has by the far the better customer service level over asb.

Berg they did the exact same thing to me, they fuckd up a transfer between my accounts, caused me to go into OD, then did the exact same thing with the charges and i called the contact centre... to which 30mins they laughed at me and ALSO failed to properly security check me, they accepted my birthdate as being only form of vaildation.. Thats a sperate story.

With national bank, if you have a student account you'll get zero fee's and a 1000 OD even if your unemployed!! and thats  INTEREST FREE OD!!

My advice... call asb, Be NICE but Firm with them about it and ask them as a gesture of good will to refund the fee's back each call centre staff has $50 descresion fee to waive and branch staff have $500 limit to waive.. and hopefully when they do close their accounts and come see me.

NATIONAL BANK FTW!!!!

Reply #35 Posted: April 02, 2007, 08:37:42 pm

Offline SUPA_maori_BRO

• Devoted Member
  • SUPA_maori_BRO has no influence.
Yup I agree with everyone that said Kiwibank or westpac.

Reply #36 Posted: April 02, 2007, 09:32:07 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;379049
Is National Banks online banking any good?

's not very intuitive.  ANZ's is better IMO.

Reply #37 Posted: April 02, 2007, 10:03:52 pm

Offline HyperBlade

• Addicted
  • HyperBlade has no influence.
Kiwibank, by far has the best web interface, and has best fees/interest.

Reply #38 Posted: April 02, 2007, 10:05:10 pm

Offline Lone-Star

• Addicted
Quote from: HyperBlade;379516
Kiwibank, by far has the best web interface, and has best fees/interest.

does that mean when ever you call their contact centre, and you have to pay $5 for each alteration you make on your account is cheaper fee's :eek:

Reply #39 Posted: April 02, 2007, 10:27:16 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Possessed;379389
ANZ are sweet for students
$3 a month for a $1000 overdraft and i don't have to go in every year to prove i'm still a student........which i may not be.

I've had a student account for 5 years, All National Bank ask is 'are you still a student' and i say yes, don't have to bring any proof in. :bounce:

Reply #40 Posted: April 03, 2007, 08:16:02 am

Offline Lone-Star

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;379851
I've had a student account for 5 years, All National Bank ask is 'are you still a student' and i say yes, don't have to bring any proof in. :bounce:

whats your customer number bro...
and ill see if i can increase your over draft :rnr:

Reply #41 Posted: April 03, 2007, 08:52:44 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
If I give you mine will you delete my loan?

Reply #42 Posted: April 03, 2007, 09:07:13 pm

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
I'm with National. No problems here.

Reply #43 Posted: April 03, 2007, 10:14:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;379851

You're gonna get pinged for fraud one day. I would quite while your ahead.

Reply #44 Posted: April 03, 2007, 10:33:15 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/story.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10433075

Banking mystery shopper
5:00AM Sunday April 08, 2007

Our mystery shopper, AUT journalism student Chelsea Burke, visited six of the big banks to check out just how welcoming they were.

National Bank, Queen St
A very large and busy bank, but pleasant to visit. Pot plants, a spaced layout and couches gave it a nice inviting feel. My adviser, Daniel, was professional and helpful. He seemed to know what he was talking about as he discussed accounts available and interest rates.

My rating: 4/5

ANZ, Queen St
I hadn't even managed to get my bearings in ANZ before a gentleman asked if he could help me. I explained I was interested in opening a savings account so he led me to his podium near the front doors and wrote down my name. This felt a bit weird. He warned it may be a bit late for someone to talk to me but invited me to take a seat on the couches.

Westpac, Queen St.
The Westpac branch was quite small. The information desk was clearly signposted so I took my place behind two men chatting to the young teller. Glances and a rapid exit by the two men cued me to think this wasn't a professional discussion. When I told the young man I was interested in an account he looked at me like I had just asked an odd question. I felt like I was taking up his time and quickly left. Not a comfortable experience.

My rating: 2/5

ASB, Queen St
The teller was very helpful and introduced himself. He was keen to know the amount of savings I had and also told me about the term deposits. He also offered me the personal banker's business card and suggested I make an appointment.

BNZ, Wyndham St
For a start this bank was hard to find. Tucked away in the old Wises/Post Office building, the branch smelled new and was very bright when I walked in. The young man didn't seem interested in what I was asking about and made me feel like I should have known it was nearly home time. He asked if I had time to see someone about opening an account, which I took as a gentle fob off.

My rating: 3/5

Kiwibank, Aotea Square
This bank would have to have been the least pleasant design-wise. Tucked into a corner of the Post Office with very visible and informative, but "OTT" signs, it appeared like the Post Office had had a rearrange just to fit them in. "Julian" gave an extremely helpful and thorough overview of savings and business accounts, and pointed out the bank also offered text banking. I was presented with an application form which he asked me to fill out there and then, and a folder containing brochures, deposit slips and Kiwibank business cards.

My rating: 5/5

Reply #45 Posted: April 08, 2007, 09:53:21 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline fembot

• Addicted
  • fembot has no influence.
*fems sends a food pack to berg*

What happened to the good old days when u just placed your money in a pig :(. piggy banks are the best banks :D lol

Reply #46 Posted: April 08, 2007, 01:28:04 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Don't just go to National Bank without doing some homework old bean. A guy I know had banked with them for over 20 years, had his mortgage with them and when he went for a $10,000 loan got refused. Despite the fact that it was to buy a profitable business that he had statements from and business plans for to improve it even more. The $10,000 wasn't even the cost of the business, just the remaining amount he needed to buy it. He went over to ANZ and they are throwing money at him at the moment. His business is now taking in over $600,000pa with enough profit in there for him to work only 4 days a week and employ 3 full time employees.

Reply #47 Posted: April 08, 2007, 01:36:36 pm
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: fembot;383951
*fems sends a food pack to berg*

What happened to the good old days when u just placed your money in a pig :(. piggy banks are the best banks :D lol

Na, I hate those stupid BNZ ads with those damn piggy banks.

I would never go to BNZ because of those ads.

Reply #48 Posted: April 08, 2007, 02:24:39 pm

Offline fembot

• Addicted
  • fembot has no influence.
I'm with wastpactrust and never had a problem with them.

Reply #49 Posted: April 08, 2007, 03:15:01 pm