Reply #50 Posted: March 15, 2013, 04:37:13 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.

good times

Reply #51 Posted: March 15, 2013, 04:37:34 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
So much sniping

Reply #52 Posted: March 15, 2013, 07:28:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1520878
So much translocator

So much fixed.

Quote from: oefox;1520643
FFS, necro thread got my instant answer, the UT guided nuke is the most unparalleled awesomest weapon ever put into a fps game:

For all you nubs, back in 2000 there was no rival http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnwzaBu-AQ

Would love to know if anyone on here used to play UT back then on the NZ servers, back when FPS was fun and hacking never existed.

Vote does not count
Voided by the fact that you call it the 'UT guided nuke' rather than the 'Redeemer'.

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520647
UT99 is still a well potent game.

Just as Q3A is still raging strong (well... QL these days), so should UT be. It's far better than most others around today even.
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:33:17 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #53 Posted: March 15, 2013, 07:30:58 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Harsh, expects me to remember names from 13 years ago...I can't remember the names of people that I meet irl, fuck, most of my office I just wing it and i've been there for years.

and yet I remember vividly the flak cannon, the goo gun, and the guided nuke - and perhaps weirdly, the one thing that I remember the most and used sparingly was the feint :(

Reply #54 Posted: March 15, 2013, 08:14:41 pm
- badfox

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Quote from: oefox;1520889
Harsh, expects me to remember names from 13 years ago...I can't remember the names of people that I meet irl, fuck, most of my office I just wing it and i've been there for years.

and yet I remember vividly the flak cannon, the goo gun, and the guided nuke - and perhaps weirdly, the one thing that I remember the most and used sparingly was the feint :(

Hell, I can't even remember the names of girls I slept with

Reply #55 Posted: March 15, 2013, 08:15:58 pm
- badfox

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: oefox;1520890
Hell, I can't even remember the names of girls I slept with

Thats because you can't remember nothing ;)

Reply #56 Posted: March 16, 2013, 09:57:12 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: oefox;1520889
I can't remember most of my office [...] I just wing it and i've been there for years.
HAHA!

Reply #57 Posted: March 16, 2013, 10:05:27 am

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: oefox;1520643
FFS, necro thread got my instant answer, the UT guided nuke is the most unparalleled awesomest weapon ever put into a fps game:

For all you nubs, back in 2000 there was no rival http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnwzaBu-AQ

Would love to know if anyone on here used to play UT back then on the NZ servers, back when FPS was fun and hacking never existed.

Yeah i used to play on the nz ut ctf servers religiously as 'On INC' then later as that narli warcow called 'Cowwiestyle'.

People i can remember off my head, Evenflow, SteelRat, PinkPantha,Payback, these dodgy [SS] brothers who i used to think who hacked and that mysterious 'character'(kid?) who used to spend whole rounds on the nz ctf servers just camping the redeemer spawn spots and sucking badly at UT in general.

Reply #58 Posted: March 16, 2013, 07:25:56 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1520858

good times

Nostalgia, always got sniped right in front of the doorway with the flag. This was the only game we could get working on the low specd PCs at primary.

Reply #59 Posted: March 16, 2013, 08:19:20 pm

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1520953
Nostalgia, always got sniped right in front of the doorway with the flag. This was the only game we could get working on the low specd PCs at primary.

I tended to grab the flag then go through the teleporter to the top and drop down the side of the building half way, hide then jump down and hot tail it across the map/inside when the timing was right.

Reply #60 Posted: March 16, 2013, 08:46:06 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Cowwie;1520950
Evenflow

One of the best in NZ for Quake too.
Was still banging around QL when it came out, don't think so anymore though.

Reply #61 Posted: March 16, 2013, 09:02:37 pm

Obble

He died.

Reply #62 Posted: March 16, 2013, 09:14:52 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1520957
One of the best in NZ for Quake too.
Was still banging around QL when it came out, don't think so anymore though.

Quote from: Obble;1520959
He died.

Actual? Evenflow died?!? sad.

Reply #63 Posted: March 16, 2013, 09:56:34 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520963
Actual? Evenflow died?!? sad.

This guy?
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/241708/1/

That is pretty sad. He seems really cool!
One to one with eVeNfLoW
 Intrinsic takes time out to interview Nicholas 'eVeNfLoW' McCabe, representing New Zealand in Unreal Tournament 2004.

Age?

Location?
Auckland, New Zealand

How long have you been playing UT?
Since April 2000.

So you have been playing all UT evolutions since the original?
Yep, UT2003 sucked though.

Any FPS background before UT?
Well, on pc all I used to play was goldeneye which owned in its day, so many hours of fun !! But ya UT was my first "real" fps game.

Reply #64 Posted: March 16, 2013, 10:29:25 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

I searched to see if evenflow actually had passed away, and all I got was this:

Seems too young though. Unless he's a really babyface 28 year old.
Which is entirely possible I guess since "Musician/Content Producer for @FlyAirNZ (previously @theellenshow @zmonline)" makes him seem not that young... and also not dead.
Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:43:40 am by Pyromanik

Reply #65 Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:36:45 am

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
Quote from: Pyromanik;1520992
I searched to see if evenflow actually had passed away, and all I got was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diJAQL8tWNU

Seems too young though. Unless he's a really babyface 28 year old.
Which is entirely possible I guess since "Musician/Content Producer for @FlyAirNZ (previously @theellenshow @zmonline)" makes him seem not that young... and also not dead.

Kind of hard to believe!?, i briefly chatted to him when bf3 came out, hes on my battlelog friends list for bf3, he used to play on aussie servers i think.

Id log on to battle log and give out his id alas id rather not go through the hassle of loging in.

Reply #66 Posted: March 17, 2013, 09:30:35 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Cowwie;1521028
rather not go through the hassle.

I agree. BF3. Only ever once.

Reply #67 Posted: March 18, 2013, 12:50:11 am