Poll

Are you ready to become a cyborg?

Yes, that would be awesome.
31 (72.1%)
I don't want to be assimilated.
12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 390

Topic: Are you ready to become a cyborg?

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Was watching beyond tomorrow in TVNZ6. They had a thing about this security company, which some of the staff have a radio chip implant in their arm, much the same as the chip that gets implanted in a dog.

It's allows them access to certain areas in the company.

On one hand, I think it's pretty awesome.
However it's also pretty scary.

If there was something like a wireless storage device, which you could get implanted in your arm and where ever you go it'll be like have a portable hard drive. that would be something I would be interested in getting.

Posted: April 01, 2009, 07:55:46 pm

Offline SUPA_maori_BRO

• Devoted Member
  • SUPA_maori_BRO has no influence.
ZOMG! It's the nanomachines

"LLLLIIIIIQQQQQUUUUUIIIIDDDDD" cough splatter cough

Wonder when I can be transformed into Raiden so I can protect Old Snake

Here's a pic of me pwning Gekko's tbh
Spoiler :

Reply #1 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:18:23 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
No.
yerk no.

Reply #2 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:24:14 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: SUPA_maori_BRO;915403

Yoshimitsu?
Is that you?

Reply #3 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:25:29 pm

Offline SUPA_maori_BRO

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Pyromanik;915407
Yoshimitsu?
Is that you?

Rose?
Hows Campbell?

Reply #4 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:34:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!
I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!

Reply #5 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:43:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;915399

On one hand, I think it's pretty awesome.
However it's also pretty scary.

...and in my other hand I have his arm, and access to anywhere in the company.

yay for cyborgs.

Reply #6 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:47:37 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The illeagal arms trade is going to have a whole new meaning.

Reply #7 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:48:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

lol'd!

Gun arm!

Reply #8 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:49:53 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I think you're touching on a fascinating issue here. With advances in technology, I think it's inevitable that a degree of 'cyborganisms' will popularise.

If you have a glance at the stuff the prosthetic limb guys are devoloping, it seems a natural progression to the employment of robotic/bionic bodyparts will occur when these begin to surpass the abilities of our meaty appendages.

There's a plethora of smaller issues we can look at here (For instance, what quantifies a person if we begin replacing their limbs, organs etc), I'm interested in seeing this thread continued rather than it being degenerated without any substantial discussion.

Discuss.

Reply #9 Posted: April 01, 2009, 08:50:48 pm

I think it's inevitable as well.

Just look at the amount of people who get cosmetic surgery to improve their looks.

It will probably start off with small things, like a chip implant that unlocks your car when you walk near etc. I'm sure many people will be keen to have something like this.

On the 'beyond tomorrow' program, their was a women who was allergic to lots of stuff, so she got a implant, so encase of an accent she could be just scanned and doctors could find out about all here allergies.

I saw a doco with some guy who lost his arm. And got a replacement robotic arm, which he could control with his mind.

Reply #10 Posted: April 01, 2009, 09:01:01 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Welcome to the 90's.

Reply #11 Posted: April 01, 2009, 09:05:31 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
in highschool a deaf kid got one of those hearing things that magnets onto the back of your head....huge surgery and stuff, holes in the skull etc

anyway I was chatting to him about it one day just after he got it, he said his hearing wasn't so great because it didnt have all the electrons in it yet, he said they'd put 2 or 3 in at a time to ease him into having hearing, I asked how many they'd put in in total and he told me 21 or 22 (christ I remmeber that number?) I then asked what would happen if they put more, he told me that they could and that it'd give him superior hearing, like no shit...we chatted about it for hours.

I want that.

Reply #12 Posted: April 01, 2009, 09:27:38 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I'd prefer exoskeleton to cyborgisim.

Reply #13 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:01:43 pm

Offline Kaizer

• Devoted Member
  • Kaizer has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;915419

Yes, but will you swallow my balls ?

Reply #14 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:09:06 pm
Gigabyte P55 UD4|Intel i7 860 @ 3.6GHZ|Prolimatech Megashadow|SuperTalent 4GB 1600|Corsair HX 620|ATI Radeon 5870|Samsung F3 1TB|LG W2353V 23"|Lian Li Dragonlord KCB62|Logitech G930|Logitech G500

Offline Pyromanik

No.

Reply #15 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:13:39 pm

Offline SUPA_maori_BRO

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Pyromanik;915419

Henrietta?
*Aims shotgun at face*
"Swallow this"

Reply #16 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:14:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Can I store a gun in my leg like Robocop?
That was cool.

Reply #17 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:17:40 pm

Offline c0nc0n

• Just settled in
  • c0nc0n has no influence.
Quote from: SUPA_maori_BRO;915403
ZOMG! It's the nanomachines

"LLLLIIIIIQQQQQUUUUUIIIIDDDDD" cough splatter cough

Wonder when I can be transformed into Raiden so I can't protect Old Snake

Spoiler :

You know - that was exactly what I was thinking when I was reading OP.

Gold post +rep

Reply #18 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:17:43 pm

Project Deep Blue P182 under way

Offline Pyromanik

What?

MGS4?

Reply #19 Posted: April 01, 2009, 10:18:14 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
What happens when my legs BSOD!!?!?!?!?!?

Reply #20 Posted: April 01, 2009, 11:04:57 pm

Offline bobziolla

• Addicted
  • bobziolla has no influence.
you ride a pony

Reply #21 Posted: April 01, 2009, 11:09:40 pm
One cool cat :orange:

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.

Reply #22 Posted: April 01, 2009, 11:14:32 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
I can fit a microSD card up my nostral....does this make me a cyborg?

*sniff*...uh oh

Reply #23 Posted: April 02, 2009, 07:27:42 am

Codex

Ghost in the shell anyone

Reply #24 Posted: April 02, 2009, 08:58:58 am