Topic: "but i'm a doctor"

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
FUCKING RAGE

just had a prick phone in at work regarding an appliance (dryer) broken door which he has in his holiday house, and hes trying to argue that it couldnt have been the fault of the user because the guy is a doctor, i mean fuck off, so just because your a doctor you can do no wrong??

Fuck this i'm off to medical school to become a doctor just so i can go and start breaking shit and killing people and get away with it because "i'm a doctor" fucking society.

Doctors are the biggest fucking scam artists out there, they don't do shit for you because they care they do shit for you because that's what pharmaceutical companies tell them to do it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!

Posted: January 22, 2013, 03:57:33 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Quote from: NZGramps;1515620
Doctors are the biggest fucking scam artists out there

You'd be wrong there

Reply #1 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:06:15 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
FUCKING RAGE

just had a prick phone in at work regarding an appliance (dryer) broken door which he has in his holiday house, and hes trying to argue that it couldnt have been the fault of the user because the guy is a doctor, i mean fuck off, so just because your a doctor you can do no wrong??

Fuck this i'm off to medical school to become a doctor just so i can go and start breaking shit and killing people and get away with it because "i'm a doctor" fucking society.

Doctors are the biggest fucking scam artists out there, they don't do shit for you because they care they do shit for you because that's what pharmaceutical companies tell them to do it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!

I hate to point it out Gramps, but how do you know that he broke it?

I mean,

Are YOU a Doctor?

Reply #2 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:08:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
General Practitioners can be a bit wayward.

I know my GP is always prescribing me antibiotics. I haven't taken any in years. I just go to make sure I don't have butt-cancer.

Also, nearly $600 for a consultation with a cardiologist. A 30 minute fucking consultation. Did not go and I

Reply #3 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:09:50 pm

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1515622
I hate to point it out Gramps, but how do you know that he broke it?

I mean,

Are YOU a Doctor?

it's not the fact of who broke it or whether it was a product issue that had me raging, its the way he said that it couldnt have been done by the person renting it because he was a doctor

oh and haha

Reply #4 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:11:18 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: NZGramps;1515624
oh and haha

I'm glad you got the joke - cause otherwise it would make me sound like a right idiotic Cunt.

Reply #5 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:15:54 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1515623
General Practitioners can be a bit wayward.

I know my GP is always prescribing me antibiotics. I haven't taken any in years. I just go to make sure I don't have butt-cancer.

Agreed. Some GP's can be a bit like that. My old GP was like;

Me: "Hi doctor, I've cut my arm off and it hurts"

*Prescribes me pain killers.

My new one is much better, alot easier to talk to and he seams actually intrested in helping me.

Reply #6 Posted: January 22, 2013, 04:25:23 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1515630
Agreed. Some veterinarian's can be a bit like that. My old veterinarian was like;

Me: "Hi, I've cut my arm off and it hurts"

*Prescribes me pain killers.

My new veterinarian is much better, a lot easier to talk to and he seems actually interested in getting me neutered.

Fixed for truth and spelling.

Reply #7 Posted: January 22, 2013, 05:01:27 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Hospital IT - Doctors can, and will, break lots of simple things.

Alas, they can be good at medicine (well.. some of them) and we can be good at IT stuff (well.. some of us)..

Reply #8 Posted: January 22, 2013, 06:49:20 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1515659
Hospital IT - Doctors can, and will, break lots of simple things.

Alas, they can be good at medicine (well.. some of them) and we can be good at IT stuff (well.. some of us)..

yes but what pisses me off is the preconception that doctors aren't to be questioned if they say something is what it is every one just bows down and believes it

Reply #9 Posted: January 22, 2013, 06:59:23 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
"Trust me, I'm a __________"

There are life lessons, some usually pick them up early on.

Reply #10 Posted: January 22, 2013, 07:14:59 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

You should, we need more doctors.

Anyway, i'm sure doctors save a lot more people then they kill, so that makes them ok.

Reply #11 Posted: January 22, 2013, 07:35:34 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Even applies within IT.. In my early days in IT when I was but a humble technician I distinctly remember a customer trying to argue he couldn't have broken a piece of hardware through misuse  "Because he was an MCSE".. *twitch*

Reply #12 Posted: January 22, 2013, 10:14:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
microsoft certified stupid fuckwit?

So stupid they even underlined the F to emphasise the point.

Reply #13 Posted: January 22, 2013, 10:20:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Yeah fuck that.

If he'd said "But I'm an Engineer" I would have understood, although if he was an engineer then you probably wouldn't have had the conversation.

Reply #14 Posted: January 24, 2013, 04:18:50 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
He even whipped out the little plastic "ID Card" MS Certified people used to get

Reply #15 Posted: January 24, 2013, 04:52:06 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Doctors are very much hit and miss worldwide.  NZ is no exception, some are great most are average, some are stupid.  Once you have gained the punitive entrance to medical school it is difficult to fail.  Two members of my immediate family are doctors, I would not trust them to apply a bandaid.  As an example of randomness:

I got bitten by a viper while pointing at it, going fuck man, that's a viper! (smart)  After a quick coffee arm was turning pretty black so we went to hospital. (also smart)  The doctors there swarmed around me and told me that a snake bite needed to go through general admissions and was not an emergency...A few of the student doctors (university hospital) appeared to panic when they saw me.  I got in a taxi, went to another hospital and lucked out a doctor there was also a herpetologist.  He gleefully treated my bite after a near instant correct diagnosis, took photos as the snake was extremely rare, and called his students in to have a look.  The guy was amazing.  He even lent me some of his scissors so I could cut dead flesh off the area as it necrotised.

People are not infallible, and they cannot remember everything (usually).  I see a lot of doctors consulting thick texts during diagnosis, but the tendency seems to be a quick, lazy, and often incorrect decision.

Reply #16 Posted: January 24, 2013, 06:32:25 pm

Codex

What do you call a doctor that graduated at the bottom of his class?

Spoiler :
a doctor

Reply #17 Posted: January 24, 2013, 06:38:21 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: Lias;1515938
He even whipped out the little plastic "ID Card" MS Certified people used to get
Used to? I've still got mine for windows 2000! Fucken scammy MS certification. How the hell do they get away with calling people engineers? Engineers should sue the fuck outta IT certifiers.

Reply #18 Posted: January 24, 2013, 11:49:24 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1515964
Used to? I've still got mine for windows 2000! Fucken scammy MS certification. How the hell do they get away with calling people engineers? Engineers should sue the fuck outta IT certifiers.

I heard an advert for a new "private learning institute" on the radio the other day.

Not sure what I'm doing wasting 5 years at university when this place can make me a computer systems engineer in only 1?

Someone get virt, sounds right up his ally.

Reply #19 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:25:48 am

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1515978
Not sure what I'm doing wasting 5 years at university when this place can make me a computer systems engineer in only 1?

Because 4 of those years involve getting wasted every night.

Institutes cut that bit out.

Reply #20 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:51:40 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Quote from: Black Heart;1515964

Yeah I got them with my early certs but you don't get them, or the paper certs or welcome kits or anything anymore.

Reply #21 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:55:51 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1515980
Because 4 of those years involve getting wasted every night.

Institutes cut that bit out.

I am doing it wrong?

Reply #22 Posted: January 25, 2013, 04:14:31 pm