Topic: Contactless payment

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
is awesome.

I got my visa debit card from ANZ and now I'm paying for stuff like a boss.

Petrol stations, supermarkets, cafes, it's great. No longer are precious seconds of my life wasted by punching in my pin number.

Posted: October 07, 2013, 12:59:49 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Are you referring to NFC?

I have Pay Wave on my card and I don't like it. Reason is I have my everyday account on the same card. I got to pay via Eftpos and TOO LATE SHITBIRD, I'VE ALREADY TICKED THAT PURCHASE UP ON CREDIT, HAHAHA FUCKHOLE.

Reply #1 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:02:46 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I have separate cards for credit and debit accounts.

I can see how your situation would be annoying, you should go to your bank and fling poo at them until they fix it.

Reply #2 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:53:21 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I prefer payless contact.

Reply #3 Posted: October 07, 2013, 04:13:32 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1532736
I prefer payless contact.

The Ladies from K'Road have something to say about that, and it isn't pleasant

Reply #4 Posted: October 07, 2013, 04:30:24 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
I got my ANZ Visa Debit card the other day (replaced my National Bank card without even asking/telling me :( ) so I went to Countdown and the damn thing doesn't work there. The useless cunts have decided to limit their systems to only work with Visa credit cards and block debit cards in order to promote their One Card visa. So fuck them.

Luckily it works at Henry's so alcohol can get in my system faster.

I was annoyed they tied it to my main bank account so now some l33t haxxorz can steal my pay every month.

Reply #5 Posted: October 07, 2013, 05:36:33 pm

Quote from: Plasma;1532741
I got my ANZ Visa Debit card the other day (replaced my National Bank card without even asking/telling me :( ) so I went to Countdown and the damn thing doesn't work there. The useless cunts have decided to limit their systems to only work with Visa credit cards and block debit cards in order to promote their One Card visa. So fuck them.

Works at countdown for me.

Reply #6 Posted: October 07, 2013, 07:17:05 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Mine doesnt work at Countdown.

I've figured that out after about two dozen times of standing there holding my card over the machine and nothing happening, feeling like a knob.

Reply #7 Posted: October 07, 2013, 07:51:44 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I like paying for things on credit. It means I can have my money chilling in my account until the end of each month. Plus I get rewards points for buying things with my credit card, free shit rocks.

Reply #8 Posted: October 07, 2013, 07:59:51 pm

Offline Frairwolf

• Just settled in
  • Frairwolf has no influence.
It's a nice idea until someone walks off with your card.

Reply #9 Posted: October 07, 2013, 08:40:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I believe Visa have an agreement that if your card has been shown to go 'walkies', they'll reverse the payments.

That's the agreement they have with McDonalds as you don't have to enter your pin in the terminals when you use a Visa chip card.

Reply #10 Posted: October 07, 2013, 08:44:21 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: Frairwolf;1532756
It's a nice idea until someone walks off with your card.

There is this.

And other ways to jack coin from someones card using a cellphone with NFC and software on steroids.

Reply #11 Posted: October 07, 2013, 09:08:23 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I'm going to laugh when you're gas is $80.20.

Then you'll just just like the rest of us.

Reply #12 Posted: October 07, 2013, 09:18:12 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: `Kayne;1532760
I'm going to laugh when you're gas is $80.20.

I still do it, just so i don't need to awkwardly hold my wallet waiting for the guy/machine to give me my credit card back.

Reply #13 Posted: October 07, 2013, 10:07:07 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Who is gas $80.20?

Reply #14 Posted: October 07, 2013, 10:20:25 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
nfc won't work on charges over $80

Reply #15 Posted: October 07, 2013, 10:41:14 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Quote from: Retardobot;1532757
I believe Visa have an agreement that if your card has been shown to go 'walkies', they'll reverse the payments.

Correct, you're covered for any fraud.
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:21:29 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #16 Posted: October 08, 2013, 08:17:49 am

Quote from: `Kayne;1532760

I'm gonna just just like the rest of you.

Reply #17 Posted: October 08, 2013, 08:20:09 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
I'm so confused.

Reply #18 Posted: October 08, 2013, 08:46:18 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: winter;1532775
I'm so confused.

It's OK.

Rii's got you. It's OK. Shhhhhh. Shhhhhh.

It's OK.

Shhhhhhh.

It's OK.

Reply #19 Posted: October 08, 2013, 10:54:49 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532747
Works at countdown for me.

https://www.facebook.com/countdown/posts/563704983672431

Countdown Supermarkets Hi Alex, thanks for your post. We’re currently can only accept PayWave and PayPass-enabled cards for Visa and Mastercard credit card transactions with no PIN up to $80. We don’t currently accept contactless debit card transactions, so if you have a debit card, you can insert or swipe your debit card as usual.

Reply #20 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:27:43 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532773
I'm gonna just just like the rest of you.

Sometimes I feel like an idiot, even when making a smart ass comment.

Other times, I'm asleep.

It's probably because I have admin privileges on GetSome Team fortress 2 servers.

Check it. <3

Reply #21 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:32:43 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

'Kyane is awesome

Reply #22 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:38:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532817
'Kyane is awesome

*Addicted.

Reply #23 Posted: October 08, 2013, 05:51:27 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Leave Kayna alone.

Reply #24 Posted: October 08, 2013, 06:32:01 pm