Topic: My thoughts on ICONZ CS scene.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
the only map i dont like now.... DD fucking 2!

Reply #50 Posted: March 05, 2009, 02:29:44 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
  • Merchant has no influence.
I'm with you on that relworG, I tried to make DD2 interesting by only ever using TMP, this went on for weeks on end but when you get stat whores who buy an awp asap and camp out at T spawn when theres only 2 or 3 in the server you feel like smashing some skulls.

Reply #51 Posted: March 05, 2009, 02:35:18 pm

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
  • hemihapuka has no influence.
Quote from: relworG;898813
yeah rank for kpd etc i see a sbeing a feature, but amni can run that natively without having to implement HLSTATSX, which should romove some of the performance issues. Still ahve your core what place am i, how many kills, kpd etc.

Yuo bene hangingg out wiht supeR and Demkaio to mucch mate LOL!!1one1!

Reply #52 Posted: March 05, 2009, 04:04:56 pm
The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog ?

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Fuck me, I'm obviously not drinking enough to correct my shit typing skills....

Reply #53 Posted: March 05, 2009, 04:15:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline ..super^

• Addicted
  • ..super^ has no influence.
maybe it would be a good idea to sort something out with temp for a iconz pug thing like gotgames will deff bring more kiwis to iconz and they would need to regi to play etc i think that would fill 3 servers a day easy

Reply #54 Posted: March 05, 2009, 04:34:41 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: relworG;897260
Server Changes, my thoughts.

Cheers, G

Hey you'd know all about this

All my old links to CS:S mod sites have either died or turned into map downloads. A quick scan of the available CS:S mods dont show up anything really suitable other than the old Zombie, Deathmatch or GunGame

Have you got any recommendations for CS:S mods?

Reply #55 Posted: March 05, 2009, 06:20:10 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Randomized

• Addicted
  • Randomized has no influence.
Quote from: relworG;898813
yeah rank for kpd etc i see a sbeing a feature, but amni can run that natively without having to implement HLSTATSX, which should romove some of the performance issues. Still ahve your core what place am i, how many kills, kpd etc.
TBH rank should be completely or not at all.

Playing for KDP = camping.  Think about the scenario.. No stats apart from kdp, player jumps on the server, starts getting owned with a 0-6 death streak.  So thinks to himself, "Oh no, my precious KDP is suffering, I'd better camp it up for the rest of the map/s"  and so precedes to.  Then after playing checks his KDP and gives himself a handjob for finishing with a pos ratio.

Those are the types of players you don't want playing on Iconz servers.  When I first started playing on these servers it was good, people just hopped on and played, didn't matter what side, then the rank was introduced and it went downhill from there, including the rego.

+1 for a pug server.  Vanilla pub cs gets boring after a while.  Also maybe trial another no awp server, when Iconz had 2 of them running they were the most popular and also gives players a chance to actually use guns they wouldn't normally.

Reply #56 Posted: March 05, 2009, 10:07:49 pm

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.
I play on Aussie servers now that run all popular scrim maps, lots of variety and still keeps the die hards happy too. Aww I liked Havana tooo GREAT MAP

Reply #57 Posted: March 06, 2009, 02:13:05 am

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Havanna was fun :)

Reply #58 Posted: March 07, 2009, 12:47:31 pm
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline Wayland

• I Posted!
  • Wayland has no influence.
i agree on a 20 player server and restrict or ban awp. i was 1st attracted to the iconz servers cause of no awp 20 player madness. no awp would mean less camping and more rushing. i just started playing again and i can barely stand to play the dust2 server. whats the fun with half of the players virtually spawn awping.

Reply #59 Posted: March 11, 2009, 01:26:37 am

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
So is the overwhelming support for change going to make any difference?

Reply #60 Posted: March 11, 2009, 07:56:42 am

Offline hemihapuka

• Addicted
  • hemihapuka has no influence.
Quote from: Wayland;901754
i agree on a 20 player server and restrict or ban awp. i was 1st attracted to the iconz servers cause of no awp 20 player madness. no awp would mean less camping and more rushing. i just started playing again and i can barely stand to play the dust2 server. whats the fun with half of the players virtually spawn awping.

^^ this man speaks the truth

Good to hear your input Wayland .

I think it will Merchant, I mean the way things are going nowadays is just plain boring tbh, 1 Server is all that is getting used and it's 1 map .

Dust2 24/7 gone.
1 x 20 slot Popular <---- we have one already to go , might need tweaking on Maps
1 x 20 Vanilla non-awp maybe ?

Deathmatch or Gun Game to come at a later date , I will put up a Poll to see what the public want o see if Dust2 24/7 stays or goes .

Little steps are needed

Reply #61 Posted: March 11, 2009, 12:13:33 pm
The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog ?

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Merchant;901772
So is the overwhelming support for change going to make any difference?

Probably not.
Lose nothing by trying though.

Reply #62 Posted: March 11, 2009, 02:43:17 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
The acid test is getting those of us who miss the "good ol days" to actually play the new server if/when it happens, at the moment there are Iconz alternatives to the Dfuckingdust2foraleternity server but there never seems to be anyone willing to sit there for 5 minutes to seed a population.

If it happens I'll get in whenever I can and try and get that bad boy going, hopefully others will too.

I really hope this pans out.

Reply #63 Posted: March 11, 2009, 05:35:57 pm

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
Well the server is there , it just needs the people in it. Scrim maps , popular , why do we talk of the dust server when we have always had the option to play the other servers there ?

Reply #64 Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:01:03 pm

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
What Iconz is missing is the no awp server that Wayland mentioned, I think thats one of the key issues as I think a lot of people avoid servers that attract awp camping for stats.

Reply #65 Posted: March 12, 2009, 07:46:55 am

Offline Growler

yah i totally forgot that our vanilla rotation 20 man servers were no awp.

BRING EM BACK!

Reply #66 Posted: March 12, 2009, 08:01:38 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline dement

• Addicted
  • dement has no influence.
hey growler, good to hear iconz might actually be worth playing on again.

Reply #67 Posted: March 13, 2009, 02:54:46 pm

Offline dement

• Addicted
  • dement has no influence.
stats have always been an issue. my thoughts are that people can work out their own ratios within each map, numbers aren't going to tell you if you're good or not and it's only public - public is about having fun isn't it?

i'd rather the server didn't calculate how many times i get knifed while itching my balls. :violin:

Reply #68 Posted: March 13, 2009, 03:03:55 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Pretty sure one of the other servers has no awp restriction on it guys.

Reply #69 Posted: March 13, 2009, 05:48:13 pm

Offline 1/2Pulse.

• Addicted
  • 1/2Pulse. has no influence.
Also bring back the feature were you can change gun skins!

Reply #70 Posted: March 14, 2009, 04:10:09 pm

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
Quote from: 1/2Pulse.;903798
Also bring back the feature were you can change gun skins!

I'm with you on that pulse, I've got some great skins but they can't be used on Iconz.

I'm with you 100% dement, CS:S is about fun......and on occasion getting knifed while scratching the family jewels, without worrying that you've just lost 16 points, theres more to life than being in the top10 of a game...if you think its important you really need to open the door where the pizza delivery guy passes you your food and try venturing through it.

Reply #71 Posted: March 18, 2009, 10:25:08 pm

Offline dgint

• Just settled in
  • dgint has no influence.
If you get rid of that dust2 24hr server, then be scared of my awesomeness :)

Reply #72 Posted: March 19, 2009, 09:07:48 am
Originally Posted by true  
Fetish is that ^^^^ you? If so I vote Fetish for nicest Iconz player of the year

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.
Quote from: R3DM@N;898107
bro there is servers there for that man..

Yea I know those servers are there but if you took the dd2 server away alot of the whore would come play the normal server too. Funny enough I most the old school iconz players on an ozzy server most nights. The server is called the chill out lounge and in my opinion its set up perfectly. Has a good rotation, people can votemap, has ff, has relaxed but well admined enviroment. If it didnt hav ozzys on it would be perfect :P

Reply #73 Posted: March 19, 2009, 10:16:27 pm

Offline Merchant

• Just settled in
Yup I play the chill out lounge too and a couple of other ozzy popular map servers.

Iconz seems to be over, just looking at the comments from the DD2 whores in the forums shows why not many of the oldschool players bother with it anymore.

Reply #74 Posted: March 20, 2009, 06:53:10 pm