Topic: Netflix - What are you watching?

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I watched this the other day. Would recommend.

4.5/5

Reply #25 Posted: May 03, 2013, 07:24:58 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yo monkey, my entropay account won't accept my NZ CC anymore, you hit this at all?

BUT!

Netflix did.... so I bought a giftcard and got 4 months of running.

Reply #26 Posted: May 25, 2013, 09:30:00 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I stuck $50 on my entropay account a few months back, so I haven't had to top up yet. Thanks for the warning.

Reply #27 Posted: May 25, 2013, 11:14:54 am

Season 4 of Arrested Development has been released on Netflix! All 15 episodes.

Reply #28 Posted: May 27, 2013, 02:41:44 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1525910
Season 4 of Arrested Development has been released on Netflix! All 15 episodes.

Only question is do I go back to back or attempt to ration these out over a couple of weeks?

Reply #29 Posted: May 27, 2013, 04:13:51 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I got through 11 episodes last night, so so so good

I reckon back to back, but 15 episodes is 7 odd hours, probably split it in half

Reply #30 Posted: May 28, 2013, 01:15:51 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Been watching an anime series called "Darker than Black" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black

Pretty good so far.

Also just finished watching Trigun. Would recommend.

Reply #31 Posted: June 17, 2013, 11:37:09 am

Quote from: kilabee;1525930
Only question is do I go back to back or attempt to ration these out over a couple of weeks?

Wife hasn't seen many of the original episodes. So we are going right back to the start and watching them all.

It's so good.

Reply #32 Posted: June 17, 2013, 11:38:17 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I might have to jump on this also.

Great show, haven't given it the time it deserves.

Reply #33 Posted: June 18, 2013, 10:33:42 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Have starting watching this, Hell on wheels

Set around the construction of the first transcontinental railroad in post-Civil War America.

Pretty good so far.

Reply #34 Posted: September 03, 2013, 10:10:59 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Can't see embeded content due work proxy so no idea what you have posted.

As far as tv series i've been watching house of cards, orange is the new black, and weeds. Not really bothered to look at the movies but recently watched what to expect when you're expecting with the mrs and enjoyed that.

Tried to watch arrested development but it's farking terrible.

Reply #35 Posted: September 05, 2013, 04:04:44 pm
- badfox

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
orange is the new black.... thoroughly enjoying this!

Reply #36 Posted: September 17, 2013, 06:50:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Quote from: oefox;1531041
Tried to watch arrested development but it's farking terrible.

After re-watching all 3 original seasons (which was awesome), I've starting watching the new one, it's not really as good.

Spoiler :
I don't like how Michael, who was always the most stable/responsible in the original, is now a jobless loser living with his son.

Also I don't like the separate character stories, I think in the original series the best scenes were when all the characters were together, lots of chemistry between them.

Reply #37 Posted: September 17, 2013, 08:09:57 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Growler;1531743
orange is the new black.... thoroughly enjoying this!

I have just finished the series, I thought it was pretty good, supprised no one has really talked about it.

Reply #38 Posted: September 17, 2013, 09:44:12 pm

Offline Growler

Investigating a way to get Amazon Prime to my TV along with netflix. Amazon has FOODTV and a few other networks I enjoy and it's only $79 for a year.

Reply #39 Posted: September 30, 2013, 03:31:52 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I'm watching he'll on wheels. Season 2.

Reply #40 Posted: October 04, 2013, 11:45:45 pm

Last Stand is on Netflix

Reply #41 Posted: January 20, 2014, 08:32:02 am

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Last Stand is on Netflix

ha! i watched that on the weekend, fucken brilliant if you're in the mood. I also got Apple TV, so all sorted for Netflix on the TV. My pc is too far from the lounge to do it any other way.

Arnold still can't act though.

Reply #42 Posted: January 20, 2014, 03:42:04 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
I've been hooked on a discovery series, "Alaska: The Last Frontier". It's about a family (as in there is one extended family all on the same homestead) surviving in Alaska. It's not the sort of show you'd watch with your undivided attention, but I have been doing some work from home and enjoy having it on in the background. As per usual, the American shows dramatise things a little too much, these folk are supposedly living off the land but I think they do well to hide some of their more mod cons. But it's still damn interesting.

As a side note, I leant that one of the patriarchs is Jewel's father (the singer). 

Reply #43 Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:36:28 pm

So Netflix NZ is coming out tomorrow. They have announced their prices, $9.99 for SD, $12.99 for HD.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11421578

Spark is having a whine because Netflix NZ doesn't have to charge GST.

http://netguide.co.nz/story/spark-cries-foul-over-netflix-gst-dodge/

Reply #44 Posted: March 23, 2015, 09:41:44 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Roflol, I been living on Quickflix for 6 months i got 2 months free with my lumia 930 then picked up 2 vouchers for free on GP and kept it rolling but now that its coming to and end may look at netflix or  keeping quickflix as the pricing is the same..

Reply #45 Posted: March 23, 2015, 09:56:29 am

I applaud Quickflix for being the first ones to bring online TV to NZ. They have my respect for that. Unfortunately they're up against some pretty big competition now, I don't really see them lasting.

Netflix gives my far more content then I could ever watch, so there's no reason for me to sign up to an additional service.

Reply #46 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:36:06 am

Reply #47 Posted: April 16, 2015, 07:16:36 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I am have has netflicker now.

The catalogue is really quite good, but the problem is there's no bad films for me to rate, so netflix thinks I love everything.

edit: Even when I find a film that I think was 'ok' there are still aspects of the film that I enjoyed, so I don't feel as though I can give it 3 stars, but definitely not 5 stars.

URGH, I'M TOO COMPLEX.
Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:44:54 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #48 Posted: May 23, 2015, 12:42:03 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

For those with Netflix, Unotelly has released a new tool to let you search the catalogue of all the Netflix regions. There are a lot of movies and tv shows available in other regions (Canada, Norway etc) that are not available on the US or NZ sites.

http://www.filmefy.com/

It integrates with your Unotelly account, choose a movie, it will automatically adjust your DNS settings for that country, then launch the Netflix website.

Reply #49 Posted: July 27, 2015, 10:51:20 am