Topic: Best reading order for Enders Game series

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Just finished Calamity.

Spoiler :
Not really a fan of the series.

Megan was the worst tsundere I've ever... read about / seen. If you are going to be a bitch, YOU STICK TO BEING A BITCH UNTIL THE END

The actual plot of the book didn't really surprise me at any of its plot twists. Saw the ending coming, Didn't see who was Calamity but again, I wasn't shocked.

The book also didn't really have the same kind of humour that Brandon Sanderson has in Stormlight, Elantris, and The mistborn trilogy(x2)

And again, the first person narrative. I wasn't a fan of it.

Spoiler :
BUT I FUCKIN' PIRATED THE BOOK SO NO LOSS FOR ME :>

Reply #25 Posted: April 04, 2016, 11:57:57 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Wait...

The passage isn't another gaybumsex vampire pedofile story, is it?

Because I've read enough of those...

Reply #26 Posted: April 05, 2016, 06:16:26 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It is not.

It's a vampire story where the vampires actually kill lots of people.

Reply #27 Posted: April 05, 2016, 08:43:50 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
All the Warhammer 40,000 novels, but particularly the Horus Heresy and Gaunt's Ghosts series

Space Wolves Omnibus (both) Grey Knights Omnibus, Salamanders Trilogy

Reply #28 Posted: April 06, 2016, 11:58:34 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I can actually see you as Ragnar lol

Reply #29 Posted: April 09, 2016, 10:25:57 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I can actually see you as Ragnar lol

Flattery will get you everywhere....

Reply #30 Posted: April 15, 2016, 11:46:50 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Speaking of Ragnar look alikes.

My cousin on the left.

Reply #31 Posted: April 15, 2016, 01:10:53 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Hairs too short lol

Reply #32 Posted: April 20, 2016, 10:00:35 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Also in the middle of The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, the guy who finished of The Wheel of Time series when the original author died. Very entertaining writer, easy to read, well paced books.

Brandon Sanderson's Way of Kings is a good read too.

I wish I never started reading this series. The wait for sequels is going to be painful.

SO. While I've realised I love Brandon Sanderson's writing style / "mind" , I'm running out of his books to read (currently have two cliff hangers that he hasn't finished writing for yet)

But I need more.

Oh God, Do I Need More.

Someone please help me climax and give me more books to read.

Just finished reading Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. Really good, stand alone novel set in his cosmere. One of the most interesting and unique magic mechanics I've seen.

Reply #33 Posted: August 10, 2016, 11:19:52 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Warbreakers the one with the gods right? Really enjoyed that, but I'm unsure if he's ever going to make a #2 or not.

Waiting for the new book for stormlight. Loving those books although from memory they're going to do the next 3 books as different characters, and i'm not a fan of the general.

Also read Kvothe the bloodless / kingkiller chronicles. Loved them, just have to wait for 3# to come out.

as well as JUST finishing (what's been produced so far) of the farseer trilogy. Really enjoyed these books. There are 3 - set with different characters I think - that I haven't read which take place between the first 3 and last 3 books. Maybe i'll put it on my list.
Any other book I've read has been pretty shit / average tier. The magicians, especially. Don't read it, It's shit.

Reply #34 Posted: August 13, 2016, 10:31:03 pm