Topic: First Impressions

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1532688
Not sure if the hyperthreading is a bonus but I haven't seen many complaints from 2600k's so I'm just guessing.

Mine was running a bit like a dog... not sure if it was server issues or what was going on, was getting direct x errors/game crashes

Reply #75 Posted: October 06, 2013, 11:00:42 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Mayhem_Lee;1532693
Mine was running a bit like a dog... not sure if it was server issues or what was going on, was getting direct x errors/game crashes

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm running 1680 res all on low... Still fun, just takes a bit of getting into.

Reply #76 Posted: October 07, 2013, 03:30:20 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1532684
I'm thinking the "update" will be another map for the last weekend of the beta. As with the bf3 beta and caspian on the last weekend.

Lets crash a destroyer into an island.

Hopefully it's a bit less inevitable than the skyscraper collapse.

Reply #77 Posted: October 07, 2013, 09:06:56 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Mayhem_Lee;1532693
More often than not, direct x errors are caused by overlays, so try closing xfire and the likes.

Reply #78 Posted: October 07, 2013, 09:55:10 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
It's good to see quite a few GetSomeers hitting this up, is everyone who has played it planning on purchasing it so far? Would love to be able to play with some of ye, it has been too long since I last played a BF game hard out.

Was fun playing with Growler, Swindle, RHO and OLWAG yesterday.

Reply #79 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:02:51 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
based on the beta so far this is the first BF game i'm seriously considering not purchasing however i expect my attitude to shift when a decent map is released

Reply #80 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:07:18 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
I will purchase regardless, it is a beta after all and the majority of the bugs/performance issues won't be in the initial release. Think how solid the other 7 maps were in BF3 despite no public testing

Reply #81 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:42:58 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Quote from: Spork;1532715
It's good to see quite a few GetSomeers hitting this up, is everyone who has played it planning on purchasing it so far? Would love to be able to play with some of ye, it has been too long since I last played a BF game hard out.

Was fun playing with Growler, Swindle, RHO and OLWAG yesterday.

Yea I got it pre-ordered, I will have to try and find more time to play, I also enjoy seeing usernames I recognize playing, I usually try and team up if on my team, or target them specifically if on the opposite team.

Going to try and get on this afternoon.

Reply #82 Posted: October 07, 2013, 01:43:57 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1532716
based on the beta so far this is the first BF game i'm seriously considering not purchasing however i expect my attitude to shift when a decent map is released

What is wrong with the map?

I really like it. I think it's different to any map I have ever played. The altitude of the buildings gives it a vertical element that I have not experienced.
Jumping off the roof and sailing in behind a target makes me feel like batman. I also like flying in and around the buildings.
It's a little easily roof camped but it's fun getting a chopper up there to send them back to earth.

Reply #83 Posted: October 07, 2013, 02:33:01 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yeah I like it, apart from when you are on a team whose only goal is to camp C roof.... dropping C as quick as possible if you dont have it first is almost a must.

Every cap can be defended from cover so it takes the roofers out of it. They are only any good if they are spotting and nuking air and ground armour, but so few of them do that anyway.

Reply #84 Posted: October 07, 2013, 04:01:35 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Just played half an hour and so far I like it.

Didn't enjoy bf3 so didn't have much hopes for this.

Dinner and back into it. See you on the battlefield.

My tag is Shpongled

Reply #85 Posted: October 07, 2013, 05:20:19 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: Emrico1;1532728
What is wrong with the map?

I really like it. I think it's different to any map I have ever played. The altitude of the buildings gives it a vertical element that I have not experienced.

The map does lend itself to much cooler firefights with the scale being increased the way it is.

Streets are much wider. Much nicer.

I rather like the map.

I fucking hate the state of this BETA though. Its like 5 lines of code in notepad I fucking swear.

Reply #86 Posted: October 07, 2013, 06:16:14 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7986[/ATTACH]

Reply #87 Posted: October 08, 2013, 09:05:55 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1532777
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7986[/ATTACH]

just wait till there is a map with Jets

I dare you to camp on the roofs now bitches

Reply #88 Posted: October 08, 2013, 09:41:45 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
everyone seen the elevator glitch - its pretty funny

Reply #89 Posted: October 08, 2013, 10:45:38 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
one of the BW lads got significant FPS gains going to win 8.

Ok ready to install. Just finished benching on an empty 32ppl server with fraps.

Win 7 64bit. Medium preset, motion blur off, 1920x1080, window mode.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
  4477,     60000,  48,  99, 74.617

Wow... Same settings/install just now on windows 8. Results;

5308,     60000,  73, 106, 88.467

Edit: Deleted user prefs and re entered same settings but enabling fullscreen mode, results;

6125,     60000,  76, 129, 102.083
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:10:20 pm by Growler

Reply #90 Posted: October 08, 2013, 01:03:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
  • kongkiwi has no influence.
do I really want WIN 8 just to get frame rate in a game I will play for a short amount of time?

Reply #91 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:42:09 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
From the sounds of things you might be just as likely to get gains reinstalling Windows 7.

Reply #92 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:47:14 pm

Offline Growler

win 8 = dx 11.1/2 which 7 wont support.

Also I should mention those results were achieved installing 8 over the top as an upgrade keeping all setting apps etc so not a CLEAN install as such

Reply #93 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:54:36 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
So what gpu and cpu?

Reply #94 Posted: October 08, 2013, 04:58:59 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Growler;1532822

Also I should mention those results were achieved installing 8 over the top as an upgrade keeping all setting apps etc so not a CLEAN install as such

There's no way I'm downgrading to windohs 8, let alone paying money for it. Dice just needs to get their shit together.

Reply #95 Posted: October 08, 2013, 05:33:49 pm

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532779
just wait till there is a map with Jets

I dare you to camp on the roofs now bitches

I would encourage a mortar attack on the roofers

Reply #96 Posted: October 08, 2013, 05:50:51 pm

Offline mattnz

Wow that lock on ohk from rpgs on the helis is ridiculous.

Reply #97 Posted: October 09, 2013, 11:44:02 am

Offline SLAYER!@#

• Addicted
  • SLAYER!@# has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1532822

I ended up doing a clean install of Win 8 and my previous install of Win 7 well maintained. So the gains mentioned above were purely from a different OS. I did keep BF4 settings and install file though.

Quote from: kongkiwi;1532825
So what gpu and cpu?

i7 950 @ 3.69, GTX 570 SLI. :)
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:19:12 pm by SLAYER!@#

Reply #98 Posted: October 09, 2013, 12:15:43 pm

Offline Growler

I upgraded to 8 last night, over the top install. Was pretty pain free, but CCC Manager is giving me issues but my actual drivers are installed. Other than that you wouldn't really know it was windows 8 other than the boot logo.

BF4 seemed smoother, perfectly playable on auto (will SS settings tonight). but one thing that I did notice is it was much prettier and the dust issues were not there (though this could have been the game update). The shadows cast by the buildings through the dust clouds etc was amazing and didnt seem to be taxing on my now average rig (2500k @ 4.3 and 6970)

Reply #99 Posted: October 09, 2013, 01:44:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,