Topic: Hardline - ANOTHER EA FAIL

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
http://games.slashdot.org/story/15/03/09/0222255/another-upscaled-console-game-battlefield-hardline

YAY ANOTHER CONSOLE UPSCALE ON PC.......

this is why i game on a macbook and play Homeworld remastered good old games.

that and Hardline is basically EA's take on Counterstrike.

Posted: March 10, 2015, 06:56:49 am

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
It was a fun demo to play, the full game will provide me with many hours of entertainment I'm sure.

Reply #1 Posted: March 10, 2015, 07:37:55 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I enjoyed the demo enough to buy the full version. The car chases in hotwired were hella fun.

Reply #2 Posted: March 10, 2015, 07:44:58 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Yeah that's what sold me.

Reply #3 Posted: March 10, 2015, 07:47:08 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I enjoyed the demo enough to buy the full version. The car chases in hotwired were hella fun.

They did look like they could be fun, but its not really what I am after  when I buy a BF game

Reply #4 Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:22:35 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I dunno if it will have lasting gameplay was my major concern.

Yes it was fun, but after a few days it was just same old. But in saying that if I can get it for a decent price I will probably look at it.

Reply #5 Posted: March 11, 2015, 12:39:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea if anyone knows where to get a good deal for hardline I'd be keen to know, I won't be paying full price when it comes out I'll buy once it's discounted.

Reply #6 Posted: March 12, 2015, 05:07:39 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in
  • bLuNt has no influence.
VPN through Origin Mexico was $39.99US - just over $50 NZ so not too bad.

Reply #7 Posted: March 13, 2015, 05:09:53 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
got it for $40 US via Ultimate gaming

Reply #8 Posted: March 14, 2015, 11:14:03 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
can you post the link growler, that sounds like the best deal I've seen.

Reply #9 Posted: March 14, 2015, 08:22:21 pm

Offline Growler

Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:57:11 pm by Growler

Reply #10 Posted: March 17, 2015, 01:53:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
So how does it work, where do you download the game from? I see it's available as a torrent already but you need a legit version.

Reply #11 Posted: March 17, 2015, 05:28:47 pm

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in
Mine preloading from origin.

Reply #12 Posted: March 17, 2015, 05:35:44 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
started going by a new motto: if's made by EA, I do not buy. Solves a lot problems and headaches :)

Reply #13 Posted: March 17, 2015, 07:19:41 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted

Have you ordered and paid for it there?

Reply #14 Posted: March 17, 2015, 09:46:14 pm

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in

Have you ordered and paid for it there?

Yeah I pre-ordered through origin mexico for $39.99US.

Reply #15 Posted: March 18, 2015, 09:04:29 am

Offline Growler

I couldn't get origin in any form (NZ, US, AU, MX) to take my CC, either though origin itself or through origin webstore!

I would have purchased it via the mexico store if I could get it to work :(

Reply #16 Posted: March 18, 2015, 11:05:06 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in
I couldn't get origin in any form (NZ, US, AU, MX) to take my CC, either though origin itself or through origin webstore!

I would have purchased it via the mexico store if I could get it to work :(

Yeah my CC didn't work either but my Paypal worked fine.

Reply #17 Posted: March 18, 2015, 09:58:59 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Picked up a hard copy from the warehouse for $75. Pulled the install code from the case and threw the rest in the bin on the way out.

Edit: FWIW I'm having a lot of fun.
Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:46:28 pm by Clin

Reply #18 Posted: March 24, 2015, 01:16:12 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted

Edit: FWIW I'm having a lot of fun.

Yeah was a good run around last night. :)

Reply #19 Posted: March 24, 2015, 05:58:18 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
I've been so busy all I've had time to do is finish the campaign so far, actually not bad but the "freeze" mechanic is very overpowered. Basically went through the final mission arresting everyone and hardly fired a shot. To mix thinks up I played one mission where I equipped a silenced bolt action sniper rifle, do headshots, and see how many dudes I can kill without anyone noticing (spoiler: heaps), If you're quick enough you can take out two guys standing next to each other before the other guy raises the alarm.

Reply #20 Posted: March 25, 2015, 08:17:55 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I think they very deliberately set the SP campaign up to encourage you to try and get through with minimum possible casualties, which is an interesting variation.

Reply #21 Posted: March 26, 2015, 01:50:12 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Fun yes, repetitive a little and I wish the weapons were more similar to the same in bf4. Also, buggy, I keep getting kicked etc.

Nice to have new campaign and actually more challenging on 'veteran' than previous which I always moan about. The AI has a long way to go tho. Also they're loose on the finer details. Wheels should actually angle when vehicles are turning. Light covers on lights inside buses should vibrate when the bus is in transit. Audio speech should sync better with mouth movements...you know, I want it all. Plus more time to play it...

Reply #22 Posted: March 27, 2015, 09:31:37 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I think they very deliberately set the SP campaign up to encourage you to try and get through with minimum possible casualties, which is an interesting variation.

That  sounds to me like  a racing game where it encourages you to finish last.......

Reply #23 Posted: March 27, 2015, 11:01:46 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

I think in general police at least pretend to try and minimise casualities

Reply #24 Posted: March 28, 2015, 11:59:16 am