Topic: GetSome TF2 Newsletter #5 - October 2014

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Hello there!
Back into the swing of things and it's getting busier as we head into the Christmas period.  Who needs reminding, right?

We are currently planning some great things for our Christmas promotion, and by the looks of it, it's going to be a cracker!!!
Not to mention our plans for the Summer sizzler. Oops cats out of the bag now!
Well, keep your eyes peeled for the release of the end of year things we have in store for all. It'll be great.

Since the last newsletter, the admin reporting tool (/report) has been widely used. But I am still seeing !call or !admin being used. I have setup my IRC script to reply to this, stating to use the correct system.
The only flaw we have with the system, is people report something like hale/pleb camping or the likes. As we have a timer in the server, we do not respond to this complaint. Just ride it out.
We will not always be online to deal with situations, so we will check the time and logs and review what we have in front of us and make any decisions accordingly.  If users are no longer in the server, we can still track them.

There has been some abuse and dis-respect towards other users and some admins, this is not tolerated and can be bannable.  We like to promote fair play.
If for some reason you have been banned, you can appeal this ban at our website/server bans & complaints.

I have added more maps to the hale servers, mainly arena maps. There are a couple of custom maps included.   
I am also going to start votes for extra maps to be added. If you think there should be a map on, and it can win votes of over 30 players, then it will go on. So suggest away!

You may of noticed a 5th mvm server, 30 wave. I have added this as an extra due to mvm being very popular lately and want to keep our custom mods to mvm rolling over.
I will be rolling out some slight changes to mvm servers over the next month.

Machine Attacks is still going strong. The creator of this seems to be releasing an episode per month. But it may reach an end at 12-15. Who knows until they stop being released.
Just remember that the machine attacks thread on the forum may have updates notes. If there has been an update, you may need to delete the current map and join the server so you can download the latest version.
I have noticed people get stuck, or don't reach the end of the map and assume its crashed or halted somehow. There is usually a puzzle to complete or a button to activate at the end of some maps.  Try different things, usually 2 players at a doorway or computer, triggers something.

The PayLoad server has also got a couple of extra custom maps added.

Over the Halloween event, the PayLoad server will be adjusted to run whatever map(if any) is released for the event. Depending on demand, we may have more up.
I will also be converting another server to run the hold Halloween event maps, for those that may need to catch up.

Right, Stats Time!!!
Now remember I reset the stats last month. There were some numbers that did not reset properly, so I noted them down for this months stats, I have still included them in the total because they are actual connections.

General: 4130 (8556)
MvM: 9524 (15962)
Trade: 5778 (13680)
Hale: 2373 (7346)

Most users now have one stats file per server group, instead of two. Thanks to the steamid change.

As you may know, we are no longer taking new admins, as we now have our full team. If you feel you need to apply, do so, but it will not get a response. We will still lock it and reference it, but it wont be reviewed until we need to.

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator

Posted: October 20, 2014, 10:54:46 pm