Topic: Battlefield 5 - Returning to Europe ?

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeah I thought so.

Reply #25 Posted: June 02, 2016, 08:50:53 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iJVTHMZ6EY

~44 mins bf1 multiplayer game play

recorded this morning from the livestream event from LA

im actual like the look of it so far

Reply #26 Posted: June 13, 2016, 11:05:38 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
So god damn keen! Legit had to borrow money for a bus trip because I bought the game with my last bit of cash.

Reply #27 Posted: June 16, 2016, 07:50:09 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea I've ordered myself a copy, looks real good.

Reply #28 Posted: June 16, 2016, 09:07:36 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Played a few rounds of the beta, things I have learned:
spawning without any weapons or equipment is a very annoying bug (apparently only happening in conquest mode, I have not tried rush yet)
having to use regedit to trick the game in to thinking my graphics drivers are compatible is a bit cumbersome (I have a 6950, only 7000 series and above cards are officially supported)
horses are cool, killing guys with the scimitar is fun.
planes are fun, being the rear gunner with a half decent pilot was cool.

So far it's a typical Battlefield Beta, except no game crashes (fingers crossed)

Reply #29 Posted: September 01, 2016, 06:30:17 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
i tried the regedit trick but it doesnt seem to be working for me :( - i'll have to wait until i get a new card

Reply #30 Posted: September 01, 2016, 08:08:47 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
I got my 5870 working and played a couple of rounds but found out not a good idea to play around with the video settings to anything but auto O_O lock ups galore

Reply #31 Posted: September 01, 2016, 10:41:11 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I got my 5870 working and played a couple of rounds but found out not a good idea to play around with the video settings to anything but auto O_O lock ups galore

5870? Jesus wept are you overdue for an upgrade or what..

Reply #32 Posted: September 01, 2016, 11:19:42 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Can we just give dice a round of applause for game optimisation? I run this better on Ultra then bf4 with a gtx 960. Average 55ish fps. Also had no crashes of any sort and only two bugs. tank and train guns shooting below sights  occasionally and class leveling system not working. Both are quite big bugs but that's expected. Gmae launch has been successful.

Reply #33 Posted: September 02, 2016, 02:28:51 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Agree with that. Certainly a smoother game than BF4 for me.

Reply #34 Posted: September 02, 2016, 03:00:11 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
No more brokenfield memes I guess

Reply #35 Posted: September 02, 2016, 04:46:48 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Meh - I jumped in, and they have barfed the Dog Fighting - Attack fighter and Air superiority fighter are woefully mismatched.

Reply #36 Posted: September 02, 2016, 10:08:23 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Loved the memory leak - start game consumes 4Gb, play some rounds - and boom... 8Gb gone... your system is low on memory... um wtf.

Reply #37 Posted: September 11, 2016, 07:33:50 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I wasn't all that keen going in, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed the beta, despite a few things that made me rage (not being able to pre select a vehicle to spawn into for a start.. can only select it once the vehicle has spawned.. fuck you Dice I want to camp in a tank every spawn)

Reply #38 Posted: September 12, 2016, 10:42:58 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
It was alright. Just standard BF gameplay with a lick of paint in the end.

Having not played any BF for 9 months or so, I've found I'm not too keen on it anymore.

Reply #39 Posted: September 12, 2016, 06:20:19 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
Yea I quite liked the beta overall, I'm with Lias in the pre-select vehicle spawns, doing it when the vehicle is already there has lost me the vehicle spawn a few times.
I really liked the atmosphere of the beta, it may have many of the same mechanics as other BF games but the feel is different, can't put my finger on a specific thing.

Really love the sound of the guns too, they all sound unique.

Reply #40 Posted: September 12, 2016, 07:46:28 pm