Topic: GTA Online

Offline BigBoss

• Addicted
  • BigBoss has no influence.
I had a bit of a jam on saturday, but at my new place i must be just on the brink of wireless range, it kept signing me out of PSN, was very annoying!

Getting a new router hopefully this week.

What i did manage to do inbetween disconnects was fuN!

Reply #100 Posted: October 07, 2013, 02:18:21 pm

BigBoss   -   SacrificialLamb   -   Snake™

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
How am I supposed to shoot and drive at the same time? I can't do it.

I was doing that boat mission, where you have to shoot that guy on the boat while driving behind it, but it can't control the car and aim at the same time. I CANT DO TWO THINGS AT THE SAME TIME!

Reply #101 Posted: October 08, 2013, 08:14:53 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532771
How am I supposed to shoot and drive at the same time? I can't do it.

I was doing that boat mission, where you have to shoot that guy on the boat while driving behind it, but it can't control the car and aim at the same time. I CANT DO TWO THINGS AT THE SAME TIME!

Yeah, that's one thing I've always had trouble with in both 4 and 5..  You do get better at it the more you do it though :)

Reply #102 Posted: October 08, 2013, 08:44:02 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I skipped that part of the mission, the skip function is actually pretty cool. Can let you keep playing without getting frustrated and can always come back to it later (can you?)

It's funny, the car yard owner gets pissed when you steal that one bike, but he has no problems with you driving off with the flash cars parked outside his shop.
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:05:14 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #103 Posted: October 08, 2013, 09:03:05 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532776
I skipped that part of the mission, the skip function is actually pretty cool. Can let you keep playing without getting frustrated and can always come back to it later (can you?)

It's funny, the car yard owner gets pissed when you steal that one bike, but he has no problems with you driving off with the flash cars parked outside his shop.

Yep, you can replay all missions, side missions and stranger missions etc. It's great.

Reply #104 Posted: October 08, 2013, 09:08:21 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
The controls are butt. There's a number of missions where a side objective is to get a certain number of headshots which I never get because I auto-aim like a bitch. Probably would be too easy if it applied to driving as well though.

You definitely need to auto-aim when online, since everyone else does.

Reply #105 Posted: October 08, 2013, 10:58:57 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Quote from: winter;1532682
Message rockstar mate, I've read people getting there stuff/characters back from em.

They did nothing and closed the ticket. They are worse than EA and Simcity :/

Reply #106 Posted: October 08, 2013, 07:05:31 pm

Offline BigBoss

• Addicted
  • BigBoss has no influence.
Quote from: Scunner;1532784
The controls are butt. There's a number of missions where a side objective is to get a certain number of headshots which I never get because I auto-aim like a $#@!. Probably would be too easy if it applied to driving as well though.

You definitely need to auto-aim when online, since everyone else does.

Its really easy to get headshots, I just hit the auto aim thing, then tap the analog stick up and boom.. insta headshots all day long :)

Reply #107 Posted: October 09, 2013, 07:33:24 am

BigBoss   -   SacrificialLamb   -   Snake™

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Plasma;1532844
They did nothing and closed the ticket. They are worse than EA and Simcity :/

Ah that blows, did you overwrite the character or something? I've read that if you do encounter your character missing that it's best just to play singleplayer for a bit and to not create a new character. Generally the issue is just the Rockstar cloud servers being down, if you create a new character it overwrites your original.

If you do need help leveling a new character, I would be more than happy to roll you through some survivals, easy 20k cash and pretty much the quickest way to level.
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:03:24 am by winter

Reply #108 Posted: October 09, 2013, 09:00:18 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
When my first character was deleted I created a new one in the second slot, but I built up cash and stats quickly enough that I haven't checked if my first character came back. Close to buying one of the apartments at 200K now.

Except now my net connection is playing up. Seems to be a signal issue.

Also, I've thinking that the free-play map needs a few more things to do. Hitting the shops is fun a couple times in a row, but then it gets a bit tedious out running the cops and there's not a huge payout. Selling cars gets you easy money, particularly if you find one Simeon wants, but you can't do that often. Apart from that, I'm just loading quick jobs from my phone. Would be good to have more motivation to play free-play. Like being able to hit armoured cars like in single player, or random smuggling drops where a package gets dropped and everyone on the map can go pick it up and deliver it somewhere.

Reply #109 Posted: October 11, 2013, 11:20:47 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Scunner;1533010
When my first character was deleted I created a new one in the second slot, but I built up cash and stats quickly enough that I haven't checked if my first character came back. Close to buying one of the apartments at 200K now.

Except now my net connection is playing up. Seems to be a signal issue.

Also, I've thinking that the free-play map needs a few more things to do. Hitting the shops is fun a couple times in a row, but then it gets a bit tedious out running the cops and there's not a huge payout. Selling cars gets you easy money, particularly if you find one Simeon wants, but you can't do that often. Apart from that, I'm just loading quick jobs from my phone. Would be good to have more motivation to play free-play. Like being able to hit armoured cars like in single player, or random smuggling drops where a package gets dropped and everyone on the map can go pick it up and deliver it somewhere.

I hit an armoured car last night online? they exist, but I think only once you reach a certain level. Rockstar will be turning on BAWSAW, GTA$ and other things soon surely and the same with crew Heists and what not.

Reply #110 Posted: October 11, 2013, 11:57:28 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
Yeah, I was more hoping stuff might be unlocked as I level up, but that then makes it kind of a grind until there's any real content in free-play.

Reply #111 Posted: October 11, 2013, 12:14:10 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
I dunno man, I've had a blast eh.. I've got awesome shit unlocked like the ability to get rid of cops, call in Merryweather for backup in a fucking chopper or place bounties on other players.. heaps of stuff that's not in the single player game.

And it's only getting better :D perhaps you need a good group to play with? I've mainly been playing with mates and crew members and it's been hella fun.
Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:20:53 pm by winter

Reply #112 Posted: October 11, 2013, 12:15:54 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Quote from: winter;1532859
Ah that blows, did you overwrite the character or something? I've read that if you do encounter your character missing that it's best just to play singleplayer for a bit and to not create a new character. Generally the issue is just the Rockstar cloud servers being down, if you create a new character it overwrites your original.

If you do need help leveling a new character, I would be more than happy to roll you through some survivals, easy 20k cash and pretty much the quickest way to level.

Nah PS3 crashed and next time I loaded up char gone. No warnings about cloud down or anything.
I was only lvl 10 so its not too bad and some of my money returned to the bank. Just don't wont to invest more time in the game for it all to be lost next time the PS3 crashes.

Reply #113 Posted: October 11, 2013, 05:03:24 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
$500,000. Stimulus pack incoming! - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html/#c

64 members in the GetSome New Zealand crew and steadily rising, looking to become one of NZ's biggest crews after GP Army with 84.

Reply #114 Posted: October 14, 2013, 08:32:20 am

Yes, want my GTA monies.

I'm going print it out so I can take it to clubs and flash it about.

Reply #115 Posted: October 14, 2013, 08:54:38 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1533151
Yes, want my GTA monies.

I'm going print it out so I can take it to clubs and flash it about.

I want video footage of this taking place.

Reply #116 Posted: October 14, 2013, 10:12:40 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
I brought an apartment the other night so I'm just going to doing something boring like buy a car, assuming cars are affordable. I haven't actually checked.

Reply #117 Posted: October 14, 2013, 12:04:50 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
So, did you know that if you survive a bounty put on you, you get the money from the bounty yourself? When I logged on last night, I still had a bounty on me. Took out 3 chumps trying to claim it then, just after, it told me I had survived the bounty and I got the money from it. So cash.

Pity you can't buy activities for your houses. My place could use a dart board or a pool table.

Reply #118 Posted: October 15, 2013, 10:52:01 am