Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
If God started healing people and stopping war and shit... well, it'd prove he exists.  Bugger that. :O

Reply #2725 Posted: May 21, 2007, 10:53:32 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
If there is no God, why do chicks talk to him when they orgasm?

Reply #2726 Posted: May 22, 2007, 12:24:59 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Wandarah;431273
If there is no God, why do chicks talk to him when they orgasm?

chicks orgasm?

Reply #2727 Posted: May 22, 2007, 01:39:03 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.

Reply #2728 Posted: May 22, 2007, 09:01:40 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
a possible idea could be that with sickness and disease its cells which are already there - nothing is being created. with amputees the limb is removed - its not longer there - you cant cure what isnt there.

plus couldnt you also say if the person is an amputee, they have already been saved - since most cases for amputation are life threating such that they will die if the limb isnt removed

just a couple of ideas

Reply #2729 Posted: May 22, 2007, 09:10:28 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I'm glad you can think of nice rational reasons for miracles not to occur. :P

Reply #2730 Posted: May 22, 2007, 11:14:21 am

Offline ccfc

• Just settled in
  • ccfc has no influence.

Reply #2731 Posted: May 22, 2007, 12:43:50 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: ccfc;431583
lol page 69

:disappoin

Reply #2732 Posted: May 22, 2007, 01:09:17 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
If people are actually spirits and our body is just a carrier of that spirit, how come when I stab someone in the brain with a long metal bar they become retarded?

Reply #2733 Posted: May 22, 2007, 01:10:28 pm

Offline ccfc

• Just settled in
  • ccfc has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;431611
If people are actually spirits and our body is just a carrier of that spirit, how come when I stab someone in the brain with a long metal bar they become retarded?

Yeah like this guy... he got stabbed in the head and he's retarded too :knife:  constantly grinning... dialated pupils...

Reply #2734 Posted: May 22, 2007, 01:23:39 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: BerG;431611

watch the matrix - morpheus explains this

Reply #2735 Posted: May 22, 2007, 02:06:29 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline broncos

• Addicted
  • broncos has no influence.
this thread fails to deliver......

except boredom..

Reply #2736 Posted: May 22, 2007, 03:09:56 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;431170
Maybe you need to lighten up a little bit. All I did was posted a light-hearted response to a couple of bullshit links posted by guys in here who are more forceful than an army of Mormon doorknockers combined.

bullshit links? people have found them interesting - are they bullshit because they ask questions that make your blindfaith that much harder? or did you not look at it because closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears is that much easier - I will put disclaimers on future links say christians ignore this from the start

more forceful then mormon doorknockers? maybe you are angry with us because we have a different world view (one more compatible with reality) - but we are hardly forcing this down your throat - no more then a library forces books down your throat

Reply #2737 Posted: May 22, 2007, 03:22:18 pm

Offline ccfc

• Just settled in
  • ccfc has no influence.
Quote from: broncos;431749
this thread fails to deliver......

except boredom..

That post....

bored me...

Reply #2738 Posted: May 22, 2007, 03:24:45 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Quote from: ccfc;431760
That post....

bored me...

your avatar... scares the fuck out of me...

Reply #2739 Posted: May 22, 2007, 04:26:47 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;431757
bullshit links? people have found them interesting - are they bullshit because they ask questions that make your blindfaith that much harder? or did you not look at it because closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears is that much easier - I will put disclaimers on future links say christians ignore this from the start

Geez man - chill out.

I actually read both of the links thoroughly, and while the guy makes a couple of interesting points, its mostly just atheist propaganda (Typical atheist point of view: "Oh, where is your God now huh? I don't know! I mean, I've never actually looked, but thats besides the point!"). As for God not healing amputees, what a stupid, petty little point to bring up - no human being could be as arrogant as to presume to know any reason why God does (or doesn't do) anything.

(And as I mentioned already, God invented the doctors who made the prosthetics, and He made the scientists who are now working on human tissue regeneration techniques. 'Sif Satan or any scientist would give a crap about you and your missing leg without the compassionate side of God that was put into them.)

As for sticking my fingers in my ears and ignoring things that make my "blind" faith harder - you could only WISH you had any effect on the level of my faith.

"[1] The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. [2] He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, [3] he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. [4] Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. [5] You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. [6] Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Quote from: cobra;431757
more forceful then mormon doorknockers? maybe you are angry with us because we have a different world view (one more compatible with reality) - but we are hardly forcing this down your throat - no more then a library forces books down your throat

Actually yeah, more forceful than an ARMY of mormon doorknockers - I didn't say just one or two mormon doorknockers but an ARMY of them COMBINED. Aside from defending my beliefs and stating my own honest, fair opinion, when have I ever pushed my own agenda on this thread?

You guys complain about Christians bothering you in your life, but you go around forcing your own beliefs in this thread - posting links to a stupid website that only exists so that other anti-Christian people can go "yeah, he's right!" and surround themselves by hatred for a sub-group of society - and posting them after the whole discussion has been dead for a few days as if patrolling the walls and saying "yeah, science still holds THIS fort."

Reply #2740 Posted: May 22, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;431833
And as I mentioned already, God invented the doctors who made the prosthetics, and He made the scientists who are now working on human tissue regeneration techniques.

No. People are made when a mommy and daddy love each other and decide to have sex...

Money is what made them choose to research tissue regeneration and prosthetics.

Reply #2741 Posted: May 22, 2007, 04:53:35 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Geez man - chill out.

I actually read both of the links thoroughly, and while the guy makes a couple of interesting points, its mostly just atheist propaganda (Typical atheist point of view: "Oh, where is your God now huh? I don't know! I mean, I've never actually looked, but thats besides the point!"). As for God not healing amputees, what a stupid, petty little point to bring up - no human being could be as arrogant as to presume to know any reason why God does (or doesn't do) anything.

(And as I mentioned already, God invented the doctors who made the prosthetics, and He made the scientists who are now working on human tissue regeneration techniques. 'Sif Satan or any scientist would give a crap about you and your missing leg without the compassionate side of God that was put into them.)

As for sticking my fingers in my ears and ignoring things that make my "blind" faith harder - you could only WISH you had any effect on the level of my faith.

"[1] The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. [2] He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, [3] he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. [4] Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. [5] You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. [6] Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Actually yeah, more forceful than an ARMY of mormon doorknockers - I didn't say just one or two mormon doorknockers but an ARMY of them COMBINED. Aside from defending my beliefs and stating my own honest, fair opinion, when have I ever pushed my own agenda on this thread?

You guys complain about Christians bothering you in your life, but you go around forcing your own beliefs in this thread - posting links to a stupid website that only exists so that other anti-Christian people can go "yeah, he's right!" and surround themselves by hatred for a sub-group of society - and posting them after the whole discussion has been dead for a few days as if patrolling the walls and saying "yeah, science still holds THIS fort."

If you dont want to read conflicting views - dont open this thread - we are not coming to your house making you read this - you are reading this out of your own free will (or to going along with your world view - god is making you)

atheist propaganda? It is asking questions - you dont like to think about things that challenge your would view - so give it a nice easy tag to discredit it in your head with out thinking - well played

Reply #2742 Posted: May 22, 2007, 06:30:41 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
As for God not healing amputees, what a stupid, petty little point to bring up - no human being could be as arrogant as to presume to know any reason why God does (or doesn't do) anything.

What's more arrogant?

people going to church every Sunday or people believing that a omnipotent being who created everything that has and ever will be wants a personal relationship with them, that will listen to them when they pray and who cares?

seems awfully arrogant to me.

Reply #2743 Posted: May 22, 2007, 06:37:35 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Simon_NZ;431941
What's more arrogant?

Surely it would have to be morans who think that we can just flick a switch and "turn off" global warming:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10441109

dramatic plea to world leaders to take action to avoid catastrophic global warming,

Reply #2744 Posted: May 22, 2007, 07:54:13 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
wrong thread

oh ur wrong about gore aswell, i might pull u up about it soon

Reply #2745 Posted: May 22, 2007, 07:56:29 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
greenpeace are idiots. and wtf is the point of building a ark. the world is going to freeze not flood, sheesh

theyre almost as bad as P.E.T.A

Reply #2746 Posted: May 22, 2007, 08:11:09 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;431934
If you dont want to read conflicting views - dont open this thread - we are not coming to your house making you read this - you are reading this out of your own free will (or to going along with your world view - god is making you)

atheist propaganda? It is asking questions - you dont like to think about things that challenge your would view - so give it a nice easy tag to discredit it in your head with out thinking - well played

Quote from: Simon_NZ;431941
What's more arrogant?

people going to church every Sunday or people believing that a omnipotent being who created everything that has and ever will be wants a personal relationship with them, that will listen to them when they pray and who cares?

seems awfully arrogant to me.

The problem here isn't that I'm arrogant - the problem here is that cobra took offense at me having a little bit of a laugh - it was meant as a joke mate, get over it.

Reply #2747 Posted: May 22, 2007, 08:36:57 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
im just chucking it out there

Reply #2748 Posted: May 22, 2007, 08:38:02 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
Quote from: Simon_NZ;432092
im just chucking it out there

greenpeace will harass you for littering - your'd better pick it up...

:D

Reply #2749 Posted: May 22, 2007, 10:01:31 pm