Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14150 Posted: August 30, 2012, 03:40:13 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
With the US inventing cyborg skin, Japanese inventing killer robots, and super intellgent internet bots hitting on Retardobot (who I've found out is actually a robot).

It's the end of the road for us humans...

Reply #14151 Posted: August 30, 2012, 04:15:17 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Expat New Zealand celebrity Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after a vicious Twitter attack from hundreds of trolls last night.  

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha fuck I laughed.

Reply #14152 Posted: August 30, 2012, 04:26:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14153 Posted: August 30, 2012, 04:26:30 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
The mental repercussions of having thousands of hate-filled comments directed at oneself are probably indiscriminate about the media through which those comments come.

Yes, the severity will vary between IRL & Twitter, but I don't think it justifies people making those sorts of comments in the first place.

The person probably had mitigating circumstances that lead to her hospitalisation, and should - given her apparent recognition of the impact of social media - arguably be more fortified from those repercussions. This doesn't excuse the fact that many people use the anonymity of online personas to say things which they, with the advice and support of their peers and family, probably not say [a force for good & bad].

It's a double-edged sword, but I don't welcome any bite-back from people investigating the phenomena [although I'm not saying that's the case here]

The question I would ask, would we accept it if people were making those comments in-person and en masse?
Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:45:09 pm by Tandoori

Reply #14154 Posted: August 30, 2012, 04:41:28 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #14155 Posted: August 30, 2012, 05:12:48 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #14156 Posted: August 30, 2012, 05:13:13 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I don't have any feelings about Dawson, however, this horrid woman needs to WTFU.

Sumner Burstyn, WTF sort of a name is that?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7550336/Apology-over-dead-soldier-comments

Reply #14157 Posted: August 30, 2012, 05:51:51 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14158 Posted: August 30, 2012, 05:58:43 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
just got back from the race track...

I AM SO ALIVE RIGHT NOW

In that post-adrenaline euphoric stage.....need a beer asap

Reply #14160 Posted: August 31, 2012, 05:02:33 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #14161 Posted: August 31, 2012, 05:06:59 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Place your alternate content here and users without the Flash plugin or with Javascript turned off will see this. Content here allows you to leave out noscript tags. Include a link to bypass the detection if you wish.

Reply #14162 Posted: September 01, 2012, 04:22:03 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #14163 Posted: September 01, 2012, 06:44:42 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I am literally shaking with anticipation for racing tomorrow.

Reply #14164 Posted: September 01, 2012, 04:59:40 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #14165 Posted: September 01, 2012, 07:59:47 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Nah, he's taking it to the streets doing what motorcyclists do best, flying in between lanes and not indicating.

Reply #14166 Posted: September 01, 2012, 08:02:37 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1501084
Ruapuna?

Yeh, come out after lunch (free entry) for a look for the black #64 with the dude with black and orange (orange? red?) leathers.

come say hi pyro!

Quote from: Retardobot;1501085
Nah, he's taking it to the streets doing what motorcyclists do best, flying in between lanes and not indicating.

LOL who has indicators?

Reply #14167 Posted: September 01, 2012, 08:27:04 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Fuck yeah!

GOG are having a strategy sale. I just got Pharaoh + Cleopatra for $4.99. I use to play the demo of this game on my Hewlett Packard (AMD 550MHz) for hours on end.

Love it.

Reply #14168 Posted: September 03, 2012, 09:02:24 am

Codex

Reply #14169 Posted: September 03, 2012, 09:58:42 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #14170 Posted: September 03, 2012, 10:10:27 am

Codex

Reply #14171 Posted: September 03, 2012, 10:48:30 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oh sads :(

Yeah. You build your ancient city and have your people worship certain gods with all the typical upkeep goals found in most sim games. It's really easy, intuitive and insanely satisfying.

Reply #14172 Posted: September 03, 2012, 10:57:18 am

Codex

Reply #14173 Posted: September 03, 2012, 11:04:55 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #14174 Posted: September 03, 2012, 11:05:56 am