Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1417883
I see that Expert InfoTech is a "reliable supplier", but has a 'dubious' RMA response time.

I enquired with another retailer to price match a product that Expert Info had in stock but was told they couldn't due to certain reasons and to be careful when ordering via Expert Infotech because of their warranty services.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I am thinking about ordering something from Expert Infotech but am a little hesitant.

scaremongering, dont buy from them they bad buy from us even though we more expensive

Reply #150 Posted: September 05, 2011, 03:57:30 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Heh, yeah.

However the way I was 'warned' was more a side note - 'parting advice' if anything.

Expert InfoTech are the cheapest of what I am trying to order, which is what initially has made me cautious, as we all know that the cheapest often ends up becoming a hassle in this industry.

Reply #151 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:07:38 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I spose it's the whole risk vs reward Rii,

Reward = cheapest price in NZ by a country fucking mile, Risk being if it fucks up under warranty there is a lot of hoops to jump through.

Is it a product that has a bad failure rate from research?

Reply #152 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:18:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1417883
I see that Expert InfoTech is a "reliable supplier", but has a 'dubious' RMA response time.

I enquired with another retailer to price match a product that Expert Info had in stock but was told they couldn't due to certain reasons and to be careful when ordering via Expert Infotech because of their warranty services.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I am thinking about ordering something from Expert Infotech but am a little hesitant.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;852377

Quote from: philo-sofa;765939
I've found ExtremePC to also be good as long as you're strident about what you want will never deal with Expert Infotech again.

Expert Infotech

When I built my newest PC I ordered parts from different places. EVERYTHING arrived within 4 days except for my power supply which came from einfo. It took me a MONTH of constant email harangue (I'd already gone out and bought a power supply from the PBTech store) to wrangle a refund out of them. And the PBTech power supply ended up being cheaper and higher quality

Never.

Reply #153 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:23:48 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Not particularly. It's a cellphone. Cellphone failure rates are generally pretty low. Buying direct from Telecom or Voda has it $300 more.

Reply #154 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:24:46 pm

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1417908
Heh, yeah.

However the way I was 'warned' was more a side note - 'parting advice' if anything.

Expert InfoTech are the cheapest of what I am trying to order, which is what initially has made me cautious, as we all know that the cheapest often ends up becoming a hassle in this industry.

i kinda follow the same philosophy, hence i only really buy from well known trusted traders, they maybe more expensive but i dont think the risk of a failed/rejected/lengthy RMA is worth the saving in the long run, but then again life is all about taking risks DO IIIIIIT!!!!!

Reply #155 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:25:24 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Heh.

I've asked them a few questions about warranty issues.

Lets see what they say.

Reply #156 Posted: September 05, 2011, 04:42:31 pm

Offline J Bomb

• I Posted!
  • J Bomb has no influence.
I have got both a mother board and a 19" monitor from them years ago, stuff turned up money was exchanged. Mobo has gone the way of the dinosaurs now, monitor still going strong, didn't have to rma any thing though.
 My rule of thumb to measure the quality of a supplier is how they sort the fuck-ups. Sounds like they don't sort fuck-ups well....

Reply #157 Posted: September 05, 2011, 05:26:39 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Have heard various horror stories..

Personally I wouldnt risk it but YMMV

Reply #158 Posted: September 06, 2011, 01:26:48 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm not sure I'll risk it.

Even though they have confirmed in an email that they look after any warranty issues.

Reply #159 Posted: September 06, 2011, 01:37:20 pm

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Pretty much stick to Dove (dealer account), Computer Lounge, or PlayTech - they are the best service and reliability of them all. Ascent is okay but never a good price.

Pays to shop around, invariably one always has your item cheaper than the others, CL and PT have wicked service though never had to RMA something, have done through Dove and they usually offer replacement or refund.

Dove isn't available without an account and tends to favour a few brands (Sony, Gigabyte, Viewsonic, Logitech, Adata) but if you can get an account then you can get Sony Bravia's and Sony Alpha SLT cameras for cheap. They also have enermax which CL and PT don't have.

Reply #160 Posted: September 06, 2011, 11:39:02 pm
- badfox

Offline CraZeD

• Just settled in
  • CraZeD has no influence.
My personal experience based on multiple purchases over the last 5 yrs.

Paradigm PC http://www.pp.co.nz
Excellent service, quick shipping, All their stock comes from an auckland based suppliers from what I can tell and is very rapid. Usually have the item in my hands within 48 hours. Support is excellent, both Email and Phone, have had no isses with returns either. I use customized terms with them which were negotiated prior to sales. Always accommodating and will go that little bit further. Prices sometimes are alittle more expensive, but then you sometimes need to pay for the better service in some cases. Have made more than 20+ purchases from them in the last 12 months.

Computer Lounge http://www.computerlounge.co.nz
Excellent service, Quick shipping and never had any issues with at all. Items usually arrive in Chch within 48 hours. Can't fault there service. Phone support and service is above par. Have made 10+ purchases in last 2 yrs.

PlayTech http://www.playtech.co.nz
Have used these guys for over 2 years, multiple purchases, Always fast, and generally cheaper than many others. But have noticed service is dropping. Last couple of purchases have gone ok, but pre-purchase and Aftersales email and Phone support is getting problematic. Last couple of times I have struck staff where English isn't their first language, which has made discussions difficult.  Still recommend them though.

Ascent http://www.ascent.co.nz
Used these guys for many years, multiple purchases and multple PC constructs. Price wasn't as cheap as others but sales service was good. Support was ok, and replacement was alittle annoying, trying to sort things but none the less all faulty items were replaced. 1 particular Videocard was replaced 3 times, eventually turned out to be a bad batch of Coolers. Thanks Galaxy.

Affordable Computers Chch used for Walk in/local pickup.
I only use these guys for walkin when I need something in a hurry, generally ok, price can be alittle more expensive. English language is a barrier depending on who you strike in the shop/garage :P Always a good quick experience though. Would never purchase over the net though.

Dragon PC http://www.dragonpc.co.nz
One of the worse experiences I have had in a while, Tried to purchase particular items from their website and eventually via the phone for pickup, Questioned the information they had on the item listing, as it was incorrect information, eventually rung them and explained over the phone, only to be told by a rather rude and attitude throwing assistant that I didn't know what I was talking about, so emailed them with copies of the URL's for the manufacturer's website and detailed information. Never got a reply but noticed 2 days later the items info had been changed to the correct information. Went back afew weeks later to purchase a hard to get item which their website showed was in stock, only to find out it wasn't instock. Haven't dealt of them in the last 6 months, but have heard that they seem to be ok depending on who you deal with.

Modster-PC http://www.modster-pc.co.nz
Was one of the first customers for these guys, found them really good for service. Abit more expensive than most and have noticed a small drop in service since they have opened a retail shop in downtown New Plymouth probably associated to increased sales and not enough staff hehe. I don't generally deal with them that much now unless I'm after items I can't get elsewhere. Steve was always polite and easy to deal with and his knowledge is very good on what he sells.

DSE http://www.dse.co.nz
AVOID IF POSSIBLE! these guys have gone to shit in a handbag, Service is a waste of time and knowledge apart from what is written on the box is pointless. If its something that is prepackaged and your not after support or information, then by all means, but if you want to know more about it, Don't bother, go home and read up on the interwebs. Staff are completely useless and you can quote me on that. These guys have gone down hill in the last 2 years massively! Only thing I deal off them now is when they have a good special on something, eg Ext HDD's

In total I have spent close to $20,000 from these companies over the past 5 years for personal items as well as in a B2B capacity. These are my personal dealings with these companies.

Reply #161 Posted: September 07, 2011, 08:41:28 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Has anyone shopped with Dodgy Bastards?

http://www.dodgybastards.co.nz/

Reply #162 Posted: September 22, 2011, 11:09:03 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

what the shit

Reply #163 Posted: September 22, 2011, 11:12:12 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I know, right? have a wee browse through, they have some cool shit

Reply #164 Posted: September 22, 2011, 11:17:19 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
TBH - I'm keen on them just for the name. A friend ordered something from them on Tues, and it arrived today, so they're reliable and he has no complaints.

Reply #165 Posted: September 22, 2011, 11:49:03 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Playtech were a pretty cool guy to me, got my package to Dunnerz for free overnight, replace out of stock product with a more expensive item, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Reply #166 Posted: October 26, 2011, 11:59:45 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Patterson

• I Posted!
  • Patterson has no influence.
Quote from: Speakman;1424734
Has anyone shopped with Dodgy Bastards?

http://www.dodgybastards.co.nz/

I have ordered a couple of things from them and they delivered pronto.  Good website (i.e. I don't get an epileptic fit from flashing adverts) and they have a lot of information / pics and the latest products.  Also, they didn't charge me extra for credit card.

Reply #167 Posted: November 14, 2011, 02:28:31 pm

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Stay away from this outfit
http://www.idealpc.co.nz/
Have mucked me around for a month.
I ordered/paid for an item listed as in stock on the 1st and 10 days later get an email saying it was out of stock.
They offered a more expensive item to which I said no.
Still waiting on a reply to my enquiries and a refund.

Reply #168 Posted: November 23, 2011, 05:03:50 pm
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

angle

Effective legal services are vital for doing business in China and the USA. WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals in both China and the United States dedicated exclusively to China law matters. Our team has extensive in-country experience advising U.S., Chinese and European clients on investment, trade and commercial matters throughout China and the USA.

Reply #169 Posted: February 24, 2012, 08:14:31 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Do you offer services for suing spamming inbreds?

Reply #170 Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:18:38 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
+1 to the guys at Playtech, I returned my faulty 5850 and Asus wasn't able to do repair/replace so I got an upgrade to a 7850.

Reply #171 Posted: August 25, 2012, 05:35:18 pm

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
Anyone else found that computer lounge are pathetic when it comes to returns? Slight damage to the box = no warranty? wtf?

Reply #172 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:45:03 pm
snprkd

Codex

Never had a problem with them in regards to returns, have returned and rma'd things without a box as well without problem.

Reply #173 Posted: December 07, 2012, 03:30:42 pm

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
Quote from: Lias;1511029
Quite the opposite.. CL has a reputation for going above and beyond and being extra helpful with RMA's!

Sending back two motherboards, one was fine and went faulty, the box was slightly damaged and they said they wont give warranty. Second one didn't work from the start and they're saying it has physical damage and won't provide warranty either.. I'm not happy, I've spent enough money there and then the first time I try return something and I just encounter all these problems...

Reply #174 Posted: December 07, 2012, 04:45:21 pm
snprkd