Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline Ranger Bob

• Just settled in
  • Ranger Bob has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526279
FYI Albert Einstein never said that...and unless you can provide a source, you shouldn't use quotation marks, especially when the quote is wrong.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/search?utf8=✓&q=insanity%2C+albert&commit=Search (3rd Einstein quote)

http://www.2spare.com/item_92759.aspx (#27 on this list)
Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:05:49 pm by Ranger Bob

Reply #300 Posted: June 03, 2013, 03:44:37 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Scunner;1526277
Does this also apply for mods? They could split the player base and de-populate servers just as much as DLC.

Thats a tricky question

My take:

DLC tends to effect competitive multilayer games more as most devs prefer not to allow mods so that the game experience can be kept balanced for the average joe.

Whereas Mods tend to effect single player games (skyrim) or non competitive multiplayer games (minecraft) where extreme changes in gameplay concocted by the public wont wreck anyone elses experience.

Also mods are created by the community that wish to use them, whereas DLC is fed to us by the devs and therefore we have no input.

I think it depends on the base game, and to what extent the mod or DLC changes or fits in with the existing content.

For BF3, my opinion is there is now too much choice for players, that servers tend to remain unpopulated except for a few. I agree that DLC and mods offer fresh gameplay for a game that is going stale, however devs need to be careful not to flood a community with options.

(all this is probably not an issue on consoles where player bases are larger)

Reply #301 Posted: June 03, 2013, 04:03:09 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I HEARD YOU CAN BUY BF4 FROM PLAYTECH.

Reply #302 Posted: June 03, 2013, 04:30:49 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1526257
that tired fucking attitude is most of the reason i don't bother posting here much anymore

This community is almost made up entirely of old school PC battlefield players, it is such a surprise that when our favourite multiplayer franchise moves towards Console and the iterative nature of CoD with it's executive driven milking of a franchise that we get grumpy about it?
Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:40:36 pm by Bell

Reply #303 Posted: June 03, 2013, 06:43:41 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1526257
oh get fucked. seriously, thats all your comment deserves

how dare I have an opinion and not be a cynical cunt that just thinks everything new is shit and the last game was better

that tired fucking attitude is most of the reason i don't bother posting here much anymore,

The reason you, and many others don't bother posting here isn't because of a "tired fucking attitude". Its the game.

Plenty of people thought BF2 was a better game than 1942 (and I'm sure others preferred 1942), so your "everyone is just cynical of anything new" dribble isn't true. The (lack of) activity in this forum these days speaks for itself.

Reply #304 Posted: June 04, 2013, 10:51:46 am
sila.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Well that and the hostility towards newcomers.

I liked the expansions. Yes, they should give us 5000 maps for our $80 outlay, but that's just not going to happen. The expansions are like a contract with the developers to keep them working on the game, and I think they delivered.

Reply #305 Posted: June 04, 2013, 06:38:47 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
That would make sense if they didn't start working on the DLC before the game even comes out.
Charging a significant sum for maps has always pissed me off, I remember when Halo started selling map-packs for like $15 to Xbox players and the PC community was laughing at their stupidity.
Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:06:52 pm by Bell

Reply #306 Posted: June 04, 2013, 07:51:35 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It still makes sense. They just continue to work on them.

Reply #307 Posted: June 04, 2013, 09:05:55 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I hope they have navy ships in this one.

Cloud spotting the runway on iwo jima was sexellent.

Reply #308 Posted: June 04, 2013, 10:34:09 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Cloud spotting the runway on iwo jima was sexellent.
fucking oath!

Reply #309 Posted: June 04, 2013, 11:32:14 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Bell;1526377
That would make sense if they didn't start working on the DLC before the game even comes out.
Charging a significant sum for maps has always pissed me off, I remember when Halo started selling map-packs for like $15 to Xbox players and the PC community was laughing at their stupidity.

Would there not be a point in development where the map designers have done their part and thus have nothing to do but develop DLC maps, and should the new maps be part of the core game or a DLC? If games were being released with too few core maps and a DLC then I would be pissed, but I felt BF3 launched with a good number of maps and was fine with the early Karkand DLC.

Reply #310 Posted: June 05, 2013, 12:08:43 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Post Karkand killed bf3 for me and probably will not bother with bf4.

I'm in the 1942 camp. I preferred roles being considerably more separate, no assault snipers for example, weaknesses don't get blurred through CoD like unlocks. The older generation such as DoD was just more fun for me.
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:01:28 am by oefox

Reply #311 Posted: June 05, 2013, 10:55:44 am
- badfox

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: oefox;1526415
Post Karkand killed bf3 for me and probably will not bother with bf4.

I'm in the 1942 camp. I preferred roles being considerably more separate, no assault snipers for example, weaknesses don't get blurred through CoD like unlocks. The older generation such as DoD was just more fun for me.

Imma gonna have to go disagree with you there. I like how through unlocks you can change a class to suit your playing style - I personally hate camping as a sniper (mainly cause I suck at it I think my longest headshot is like 200 meters maybe?) but allow me to put a 4x scope and a straight pull bolt on a sniper rifle and its time for some serious fun. I think having this ability allows for a broader game experiance - rather than forcing people into rigid pre-defined classes with no room to mix it up.

Reply #312 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:41:28 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
What you detail there is not entirely what I meant; A sniper class should have a sniper rifle and be allowed to set that up how they like scope/attachment wise, that's cool, but letting sniper class switch to an SMG/shotgun/assault-rifle is what I would consider blurring. Is what killed TF2 for me, was better when classes were clearly defined and not awash with different weapons.
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:54:38 pm by oefox

Reply #313 Posted: June 05, 2013, 12:52:30 pm
- badfox

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: oefox;1526425
What you detail there is not entirely what I meant; A sniper class should have a sniper rifle and be allowed to set that up how they like scope/attachment wise, that's cool, but letting sniper class switch to an SMG/shotgun/assault-rifle is what I would consider blurring. Is what killed TF2 for me, was better when classes were clearly defined and not awash with different weapons.

ah you mean the universal weapons (shotties and PDW) that any class can equip - I get you now - I still disagree, playing as Recon with a PDW can be a very good if done with a squad (trading long range fire power for CQB yet retaining spawn beacon and the TUGS to help the squad flank and shank)

Reply #314 Posted: June 05, 2013, 01:59:39 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
I Will buy BF4. This time I am not going to let myself get all excited with hype, previews and so on. When game is released I will hand over my money and take one in the backside from EA. But hey they might surprise me ?  They might use a ribbed condom for extra pleasure :D

But I still jam bf3 tbh, never bought any of the expansion packs, just the fail B2k that came with Bf3. Still love the vanilla maps.

Reply #315 Posted: June 05, 2013, 04:18:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526419
Imma gonna have to go disagree with you there. I like how through unlocks you can change a class to suit your playing style - I personally hate camping as a sniper (mainly cause I suck at it I think my longest headshot is like 200 meters maybe?) but allow me to put a 4x scope and a straight pull bolt on a sniper rifle and its time for some serious fun. I think having this ability allows for a broader game experiance - rather than forcing people into rigid pre-defined classes with no room to mix it up.

So you mean the engineers kit from BF42?

Reply #316 Posted: June 05, 2013, 05:16:59 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526445
So you mean the engineers kit from BF42?

I didn't play BF42 - I was kinda on a hiatus from gaming and missed 1942, BF2 etc - I only got back into FPS when BC2 came out

Reply #317 Posted: June 05, 2013, 05:34:35 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Bro! So sorry to hear that.

Reply #318 Posted: June 05, 2013, 05:52:14 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
[elitist]You sorta missed out on all the actual gaming[/elitist]

Reply #319 Posted: June 05, 2013, 05:59:58 pm

Offline mattnz

Quote from: CSfaith;1526438
I Will buy BF4. This time I am not going to let myself get all excited with hype, previews and so on. When game is released I will hand over my money and take one in the backside from EA. But hey they might surprise me ?  They might use a ribbed condom for extra pleasure :D

But I still jam bf3 tbh, never bought any of the expansion packs, just the fail B2k that came with Bf3. Still love the vanilla maps.

I assume that by "the vanilla maps" you mean "the vanilla map", and that by "the vanilla map" you mean "metro".

The expansion maps are far superior in my opinion. No more 1km hike from uncap to flags that are all 50m apart leastways.

Reply #320 Posted: June 05, 2013, 06:01:03 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;1526456
[elitist]You sorta missed out on all the actual gaming[/elitist]

Well, considering I was a doom/heretic/Duke Nukem 3D/Half life/CS (sorta)/UT/Q3A guy - I don't think I did, I just missed the Online Multiplayer boat (for various reasons) and it wasn't until BC2 when I tried it and rather enjoyed blowing up an entire building (and thus changing the dynamic of the map and that game) that I got back into gaming and by extension discovered online Multiplayer and after a few months of getting my ass liberally handed to me while I brought my skills back up to par, I rather enjoyed it

Reply #321 Posted: June 05, 2013, 06:18:14 pm

Offline mattnz

So when are you expecting to get those skills up to par?

:D

Reply #322 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:43:46 pm

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
  • Meat2Potatos has no influence.
Crikey, why even buy a battlefield game when Planetside 2 does everything BF could have done and more.

And it's free.

Reply #323 Posted: June 07, 2013, 02:48:53 pm
"You make life hard, you get hard people" - Jan Molenaar

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Meat2Potatos;1526582
Crikey, why even buy a battlefield game when Planetside 2 does everything BF could have done and more.

And it's free.

I tried it for a couple of hours - but TBH if I wanted a game where I could walk around aimlessley for 10-20 minutes without seeing or doing anything - I'd play WOW

Reply #324 Posted: June 07, 2013, 03:14:25 pm