Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I have pre-ordered it, I know I'm going to play it as i still load up BF3 every now and then, and it sounds like it could be an improvement on that. I hope voice chat gets sorted out tho, would be nice to talk to people in my squad again.......ah BF2 you were fun.

Reply #275 Posted: May 29, 2013, 03:47:25 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: 5loth;1525980
I don't think so. I stopped playing BF3 after a few weeks and haven't touched it since.
+1 I lasted about a week and this is after playing every previous edition to death.

Reply #276 Posted: May 29, 2013, 06:17:17 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Likewise, can't believe anyone would preorder a BF game after the last one.

Still I am hoping they bring back essence of the bf series in bf4

Reply #277 Posted: May 29, 2013, 07:06:29 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Hopefully the series just came down with a bad case of consolitis and will be better again.

I doubt it though.
I reckon it will be a poilished BF3 with the same frustrations thanks to EA wanting to be Activision.
But meh, BF2 will stand as my favorite game of all time.

Reply #278 Posted: May 29, 2013, 07:13:23 pm

Offline Mr_St1nky

• Addicted
  • Mr_St1nky has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1525976
and yet you will all probably buy BF4 and enjoy it - I know I will so quite yer bitchin

You say that now, wait til they announce there's no Metro...then we'll see who's bitchin.

Reply #279 Posted: May 30, 2013, 12:47:20 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Mr_St1nky;1526081
You say that now, wait til they announce there's no Metro...then we'll see who's bitchin.

Ohh burn

Reply #280 Posted: May 30, 2013, 08:06:51 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

ima steal your slippers beetch

Reply #281 Posted: May 30, 2013, 08:19:45 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, goooooddddd, who plays games here on this gaming forum. Sooooo passe.

I'm still enjoying it, sure it doesn't have voip or commander or battlerecorder, but it does have reg and a vastly superior server browser, so swings and roundabouts. Hopefully the next iteration offers further improvement.

Reply #282 Posted: May 30, 2013, 08:45:37 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
That's a pretty sad pro/cons list.

"Sure it doesn't have any of the cool core features but the network code is a little better and it has a really awesome game launcher. So overall it's on par!"
Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:00:31 pm by Bell

Reply #283 Posted: May 30, 2013, 08:57:46 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I don't think that I said it was on par. It's different, but it's not bad in my opinion.

Reply #284 Posted: May 30, 2013, 09:57:21 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I think BF3 is good too. Sure there are features that would make it better, but that could be said of a lot of games. Hell, I'll go on record to say that I think BF3 is better than BC2. For me, BC2 was about one rolling close range firefight. BF2 was about intense close range firefights around the flags with long range battles happening between them, which I think BF3 was closer too. This makes the rounds play out a bit more dynamically.

With BF4, at worse it will be something on par with BF3 or BC2 which are still good, enjoyable games and at best, DICE have been working on some popular additions people want and we'll get something closer to BF2.

Reply #285 Posted: May 31, 2013, 11:35:36 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
You say that now, wait til they announce there's no Metro...then we'll see who's bitchin.[/QUOTE

Lawl!

Its okay - I can fly jets now...

That said - I will miss points whoring on Metro - had some good fun times

Reply #286 Posted: May 31, 2013, 04:42:39 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: 5loth;1525887
They haven't even announced the features of the new game and they're announcing DLC? Nice.

it's exactly what they did last time, and hardly surprising how successful their bf3 DLC rollout was

Reply #287 Posted: May 31, 2013, 07:53:23 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1526184
it's exactly what they did last time, and hardly surprising how successful their bf3 DLC rollout was

but was the previous preorder DLC successful because it included some of the most popular maps from bf2, brought into the frostbite 2 engine rather than 4 new maps?

also i may have missed it - or it may not have been annouced - but have they said what maps are in china rising?

Reply #288 Posted: May 31, 2013, 10:26:21 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: private_hell;1526190
but was the previous preorder DLC successful because it included some of the most popular maps from bf2, brought into the frostbite 2 engine rather than 4 new maps?

also i may have missed it - or it may not have been annouced - but have they said what maps are in china rising?

no i meant in how well thought out & succesfull the whole rollout was
karkand->close quarters->armoured kill->aftermath->end game

i bought premium and reckon i got my moneys worth....perfect timing and every pack was different. will be doing premium again for sure

Reply #289 Posted: June 01, 2013, 12:53:22 am

Offline Threadcollector

• I Posted!
  • Threadcollector has no influence.
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1526193

i bought premium and reckon i got my moneys worth....perfect timing and every pack was different. will be doing premium again for sure

As an independent pc gamer, with years of self funded gaming experience, your background in being paid to peddle shit games at me, null and voids my own informed opinion. Huzzah!

Reply #290 Posted: June 01, 2013, 01:35:52 am

There\'s a new sheriff in town

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
Quote from: 5loth;1525887
They haven't even announced the features of the new game and they're announcing DLC? Nice.

^This. will await for features etc before thinking about making a come back.

China rising pic looks promising..hoping they will bring back old skool 2 seater jets, dropping bombs, higher ceiling, china ak47, supply drop and stuff like that

Reply #291 Posted: June 01, 2013, 05:03:20 pm
H!SoN

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: Threadcollector;1526194
As an independent pc gamer, with years of self funded gaming experience, your background in being paid to peddle shit games at me, null and voids my own informed opinion. Huzzah!

Zig, it is pretty obvious when Ghosts standard response to any new game seems to be hugely positive followed up by informing us we can buy it from EB GAMES!

Reply #292 Posted: June 01, 2013, 07:36:47 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1526193

i thought the premium pack was priced competitively for the extra 4 (after Kark incl. in pre-order) game mods however they offered very little that held my attention for more than a few weeks.  can't see any need to fork out for DLC again that just splits the player base and causes servers to de-populate even faster .

Reply #293 Posted: June 02, 2013, 02:14:14 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1526234
DLC  that just splits the player base and causes servers to de-populate even faster .

This. There can be too much of a good thing.

Reply #294 Posted: June 02, 2013, 03:44:52 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

Quote from: Bell;1526221
Zig, it is pretty obvious when Ghosts standard response to any new game seems to be hugely positive followed up by informing us we can buy it from EB GAMES!

oh get fucked. seriously, thats all your comment deserves

how dare I have an opinion and not be a cynical cunt that just thinks everything new is shit and the last game was better

that tired fucking attitude is most of the reason i don't bother posting here much anymore,
Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:11:11 pm by GhostOfGallipoli

Reply #295 Posted: June 02, 2013, 09:07:12 pm

Offline Ranger Bob

• Just settled in
  • Ranger Bob has no influence.
Well as far as i'm concerned all the BF games have been good as far as FPS games go. What i expect from ANY fps is put crosshair/sights on man and left click, watch man die. For multiplayer same thing except do it faster than the other guy, and in the respect all BF games have delivered.

Why i can no longer log as many hours as i use to on these games has nothing to do with the game itself but my own perspective, 90% of any fps game play involves moving with wasd and point and click. after 10yrs of this format, shit gets boring. Nothing ground breaking new has been introduced to this genre for many years except shiny new graphics. As Albert Einstein said (and later a character on far cry 3) "The definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

as for the console port argument perhaps you should read this
 http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer_p2.html
 more specifically #1 on that list.
Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:03:13 am by Ranger Bob

Reply #296 Posted: June 03, 2013, 10:57:02 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Point 2 in that article sums up the reason why I have Bioshock and Metro to play, yet decided to replay the original system shock instead. I dont regret that decision.
Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:20:06 am by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #297 Posted: June 03, 2013, 11:15:48 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1526238
This. There can be too much of a good thing.

Does this also apply for mods? They could split the player base and de-populate servers just as much as DLC.

Reply #298 Posted: June 03, 2013, 12:41:51 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ranger Bob;1526270
As Albert Einstein said (and later a character on far cry 3) "The definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

FYI Albert Einstein never said that...and unless you can provide a source, you shouldn't use quotation marks, especially when the quote is wrong.

Reply #299 Posted: June 03, 2013, 01:43:11 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K