Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
GrabOne is supporting the Christchurch City Mission Earthquake Appeal Fund and instead of running a daily deal for the Canterbury area is encouraging people to make a $5 donation.
Donate online at grabone.co.nz.

The Salvation Army has launched an appeal to help those affected by the 7.1 magnitude earthquake that struck Canterbury on Saturday, 4 September.

Within hours of the disaster, The Salvation Army was asked to feed around 1000 people in at least two Christchurch locations, and was ready to mobilise in other areas as requested by Civil Defence. In Christchurch's suburbs and rural locations, The Salvation Army has also been responding to the emergency situation

There will be a multitude of needs in the days following the earthquake, and The Salvation Army is appealing for cash donations to strengthen its response.

To donate to The Salvation Army Canterbury Earthquake Appeal:
- Freephone 0800 53 00 00
- Donate online at salvationarmy.org.nz

Article continues below

The NZ Red Cross has also launched an appeal in response to the situation in Christchurch.

Trained volunteers from across the South Island have joined the organisation's team of 40 to assist people whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the earthquake. More volunteers remain on standby.

To donate to the Red Cross Canterbury Earthquake Appeal:
- Phone 0900 33 200 to make an automatic $20 donation
- Donate online at redcross.org.nz
- Donate in person at any branch of NZ Post, Kiwibank, ANZ, National Bank, ASB and BNZ across New Zealand.
- Mail a cheque (made payable to New Zealand Red Cross) to: Canterbury Earthquake Appeal, Red Cross House, PO Box 12-140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/promotions/news/article.cfm?c_id=500848&objectid=10671104&ref=masthead

dig deep peeps

Reply #75 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:15:07 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.
We're a wealthy country with support mechanisms in place, public donations shouldn't be needed at this stage. This isn't Haiti. All house/contents claims etc will be processed in due course and additional assistance will be given by the central government. Already banks are wavering fees (both business and personal) for people in Christchurch. What people really need now is a helping hand from a neighbour or friend to clean up or taking over a warm meal etc

Reply #76 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:25:08 pm
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hav0k;1306659
We're a wealthy country with support mechanisms in place, public donations shouldn't be needed at this stage. This isn't Haiti. All house/contents claims etc will be processed in due course and additional assistance will be given by the central government. Already banks are wavering fees (both business and personal) for people in Christchurch. What people really need now is a helping hand from a neighbour or friend to clean up or taking over a warm meal etc

while the majority of us would love to get down there and help we simply can't. so donating to those stricken by this disaster is a way for us to help. its a lot better than sitting here doing fuck all for our friends and fellow kiwis.

Reply #77 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:26:57 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Someone bring me bacon...... and a hug. Preferably with tits ;)

Reply #78 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:29:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Im on my way

Reply #79 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:30:05 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Quote from: Growler;1306662
Someone bring me bacon...... and a hug. Preferably with tits ;)

if you can wait 4 hours i shall use my newly inserted air balloons to fly me down there so i can nuzzle you into my big boobies which goes without saying is covered in bacon, and all of my luggage contains bacon and bacon products.

rex, ive even managed to save room for your beloved Bob to come down.

Reply #80 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:31:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm a little disappointed that the 'University of Canterbury’s acclaimed James Logie Memorial Collection' was allowed to sustain the damage it did.

With such 'fine' collections, why wasn't anything done to to prevent this? It's NZ for fucks sakes, an earthquake is common place.

Reply #81 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:31:57 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Jesus fairy, it's Monday.

Reply #82 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:32:25 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
Quote from: th3fairy;1306660
Quote from: Hav0k;1306659

while the majority of us would love to get down there and help we simply can't. so donating to those stricken by this disaster is a way for us to help. its a lot better than sitting here doing fuck all for our friends and fellow kiwis.

In 1945 the central government created the Earth Quake Commission to deal with events like this, so unless you have been dodging your tax bill you would have been already contributing to help people in Christchurch.

Reply #83 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:32:49 pm
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: th3fairy;1306664

rex, ive even managed to save room for your beloved Bob to come down.

Butt plug?

Reply #84 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:33:27 pm

Offline Obbles

Fuck the donations I just want water so I can take a massive crap and then shower

:3

Reply #85 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:34:03 pm

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
Quote from: bitchimom;1306343
being a girly swot and going in to the uni library over the hols to get books & journal articles for my sports research turns out to have been rather prescient...
wouldn't like to try and find anything in there at the moment...

Wow...

Reply #86 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:38:13 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Rex;1306669
Fuck the donations I just want water so I can take a massive crap and then shower

i gave up caring about the waste water situation.

I HAD A SHIT, SHOWER AND SHAVE, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

Reply #87 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:41:28 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Or, you had a shower and shave in shit....

Reply #88 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:45:41 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
hopefully not. i'll find out when i get sick

Reply #89 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:47:15 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Hav0k;1306667

In 1945 the central government created the Earth Quake Commission to deal with events like this, so unless you have been dodging your tax bill you would have been already contributing to help people in Christchurch.

There is also that fact that the NZ government turned down AID from the US and the UN because they feel it is all under control.
Just shows you the difference between a developed country with correct systems and building codes in place and less fortunate places.

Reply #90 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:52:10 pm

Offline Obbles

Just rang home, still no water :(

Reply #91 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:53:03 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
have a dip in the waimak bro

Reply #92 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:57:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Just hang your butt out the window on the drive home if you are dying to drop a turd.

The rain and the speed you are driving at should clean your bunghole before you get home.

Reply #93 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:59:34 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: JontyB;1306674
Quote from: Rex;1306669

i gave up caring about the waste water situation.

I HAD A SHIT, SHOWER AND SHAVE, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

Bad boy....it really is a serious issue that you SHOULD give a crap about. Campylobacter is no laughing matter, especially when the water system is already under stress....

-1 but no red rep....imagine if everyone took that selfish attitude.

I'm celebrating my third day without a shower and shave. Haven't had a shit yet....I think I'm well bound. These things are not important, but public health is.

Reply #94 Posted: September 06, 2010, 01:59:58 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
These youngins just need a decent field season under their belts, then they will be used to not showering or shaving.

Reply #95 Posted: September 06, 2010, 02:01:39 pm

Offline Speakman

i know i shouldn't have. our area has been pretty good so far

Reply #96 Posted: September 06, 2010, 02:04:24 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Quote from: Hav0k;1306667

the EQ Ciover only applies to those with insurance though, and from media reports over the weekend, not everyone has insurance/covered by EQC.

sure the donations wont be enough to foot the bill but it will help get supplies down there a lot faster - i imagine stores/supermarkets would be shit about now with frozen foods spoiled etc.. every little bit helps despite how insured you are.

shit get the collection and go buy growler some fucking bacon, Grim a porta-pottie and rex a glass of water  ;)

Reply #97 Posted: September 06, 2010, 02:13:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Rex, PM me your bank account. I'll send you $5 so you can buy some water to wipe your stinky butt.

I don't want you buying drugs with it though.

Reply #98 Posted: September 06, 2010, 02:16:01 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
if you're not insured you're an idiot.

Reply #99 Posted: September 06, 2010, 02:17:23 pm