Topic: Wheel of Time Book Series

Offline KrizzRulz

• I Posted!
  • KrizzRulz has no influence.
Any Wheel of Time readers out there on the forums? Anyone else as excited as me for A Memory of Light coming out in January next year? I would be interested to hear what you guys think of Brandon Sanderson's writing and your hypotheses for the last book.

Posted: October 05, 2012, 09:24:16 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Could never get into the WOT series, just didn't do it for me.. One of these year's I'll try again.

Reply #1 Posted: October 06, 2012, 11:53:42 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Yes, i've read all the books. Looking forward to A Memory of Light.

The last few books have been awesome.

Reply #2 Posted: October 06, 2012, 01:36:39 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I got up to book 5 I think, and couldn't get past the bit where they were wandering around in the desert AND NOTHING UFCKING HAPPENS FOR 300 BORING AS FUCK PAGES

up to book 3 was awesome though, after that it went down hill and I cbf reading through another 300 pages of boredom to find out what happens

Reply #3 Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:28:12 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Books 1 - 5: Awesoome
Books 6 - 9: Boring
Books 10 - 12: Awesome

I drew a graph to show the information in more detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7539[/ATTACH]
Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:24:35 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #4 Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:35:50 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
The time I have for reading is limited and unfortunately the Warhammer 40 K books are far more awesome, with less crappy middle sections than the WOT

Reply #5 Posted: October 08, 2012, 01:22:38 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1504935
Books 1 - 5: Awesoome
Books 6 - 9: Boring
Books 10 - 12: Awesome

I drew a graph to show the information in more detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7539[/ATTACH]
This is very accurate.

Reply #6 Posted: October 08, 2012, 05:17:25 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline KrizzRulz

• I Posted!
  • KrizzRulz has no influence.
Am I horrible for being glad that Robert Jordan died so Brandon Sanderson could take over?

Reply #7 Posted: October 09, 2012, 09:28:40 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
The books have improved since...

Reply #8 Posted: October 10, 2012, 03:45:18 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline areya

• I Posted!
  • areya has no influence.
nice i like it

Reply #9 Posted: February 28, 2013, 12:04:03 am

A memory of light is fucking awesome.

Spoiler :
The whole book is one big massive battle

About 2/3 of the way though.

Reply #10 Posted: February 28, 2013, 08:13:53 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Rands own battle was pretty lacking, but the main battle, damn that was good. Also, the Pada Fain cop out :(

Reply #11 Posted: February 28, 2013, 12:24:49 pm

Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1519394
Rands own battle was pretty lacking, but the main battle, damn that was good. Also, the Pada Fain cop out :(

Spoilers your spoilers!

Spoiler :
Yeah, the main battle was epic, both sides got carved up bad. Rand played a small part in this book, but it makes sense in a way.

Agree with Padin Fain, didn't see him for ages, then he shows up at the end, "oh hi" then dies.

Was cool how Mat killed him though.

Reply #12 Posted: March 15, 2013, 11:46:18 am