Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Brilliant

Reply #1825 Posted: March 18, 2011, 10:29:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Why does anyone support Arsenal? Are we really challenging for the title? Arsenal does not deserve it. Such an absolute RUBBISH performance. Disgusting. I seriously am starting to see where these 'Wenger out' people are coming from.

And of course, crappy as shit Arsenal Mania must be hosted on a POS server in Siberia as it goes down quicker than a Thailanese tranny hooker.

Reply #1826 Posted: March 20, 2011, 06:09:44 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spork;1370040
Why does anyone support Arsenal?

They play wonderful flowing skillful football about once or twice a year to give guys like you hope that they will win something.

Reply #1827 Posted: March 20, 2011, 08:50:22 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
typical Man Utd, steal a dodgy win at the death with 10 men...unlucky Bolton, shoulda left Sturridge on.

Reply #1828 Posted: March 20, 2011, 10:13:32 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Useless City.

Reply #1829 Posted: March 21, 2011, 07:11:33 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Common Chelsea!!!

Reply #1830 Posted: March 21, 2011, 08:25:36 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: Spork;1370310
Useless City.

Agreed, totally outclassed in that second half. Dirty De Jong was their only good player. 2 shots on Target, I think Cech managed to get some kip...

So, Ramires, not worth the money? I hope you were you watching Donaldson and Mustoe of ESPN after your ridiculous 10 minute slating of him in the Champions league.

even though I hate to say it, Suarez goal was pretty tidy too.

Reply #1831 Posted: March 21, 2011, 08:10:38 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Fuck Torres, Bring back sturridge. How many times gotta say it? :P

Well done Luiz and Ramires is alright, no Ballack or Deco but he'll do.

We should just have a team of Defenders/Midfielders cause none of our strikers are any good atm :)

Reply #1832 Posted: March 21, 2011, 08:17:45 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Has Torres even scored yet?

Reply #1833 Posted: March 21, 2011, 09:05:48 pm

henno

One shot on goal, he was a bargain

Reply #1834 Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:10:43 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
All of Chelsea dont even like em...Hes just Abramovich's toy boy
Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:22:29 pm by R3DM@N

Reply #1835 Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:18:06 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Haters goin to hate...
Poor Torres, he is still one of the best strikers in the world and his early days at Liverpool before he lost interest should prove his class. you try uprooting your family and moving to another top 4 club for that amount of money, added to that they have a totally different management team, playing style etc. Give him time and you will see him come right for Chelsea.
I will LOL until I collapse though if Chelsea don't get into the CL next season as this was his reason for wanting out of Liverpool :)

Reply #1836 Posted: March 22, 2011, 09:44:58 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
^^ This, form is temporary, class is permanent

Reply #1837 Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:56:38 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1370790
Haters goin to hate...
Poor Torres, he is still one of the best strikers in the world and his early days at Liverpool before he lost interest should prove his class. you try uprooting your family and moving to another top 4 club for that amount of money, added to that they have a totally different management team, playing style etc. Give him time and you will see him come right for Chelsea.
I will LOL until I collapse though if Chelsea don't get into the CL next season as this was his reason for wanting out of Liverpool :)

I love Torres (he is/ was one of my fav players out of Arsenal) and I don't hate Chelsea as much as I hate many other clubs, however I would actually really like it if Chelsea didn't make it into the CL next season simply because of that being the reason why Torres made the move.

But then I'd prefer Chelsea to be in the CL than Man City or Spurs.

Reply #1838 Posted: March 22, 2011, 11:52:31 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Crazy talk, Torres will come good. Takes players a while to settle and some never do, look at Forlan...26 games without a goal with the ridiculous speculation and expectation on him it's hardly surprising (lest we forget Shevchenko).
A friend of mine raised a good point, wee Pat Nevin was on the radio the other week and he reckons that it's not all Torres fault, Chelsea just don't have a playmaker that can pick him out, his off the ball movement is awesome and quite different to Drogba so wait until Benayoun comes fit, then he won't stop scoring........ and all the nay sayers who suddenly think he's suddenly turned shit over night will hush. (I made up that last bit).

Chelsea not finish top 4, now that would be something. We were all over City, Bolton made the Mancs look silly as did West Brom to Arsenal. We looked a different team, confident passing, so much more movement and urgency about our play. Kalou had a stormer, we now have players who are starting to accept Carlo's rotation policy rather than resent it and make the most of their chances. Don't tell me there's a defence in the premier league that wants to chase Torres and Kalou for 70 minutes only to see Drogba and Anelka warming up.

Reply #1839 Posted: March 22, 2011, 04:40:31 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Agreed with that Judge bout Kalou/Drogbra but I much prefer someone like Sturridge who actually is so threatening in goal. I like Torres but hes just not in my top strikers category

Reply #1840 Posted: March 22, 2011, 04:51:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1841 Posted: March 23, 2011, 02:53:21 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Cant beat Nasri :P

Reply #1842 Posted: March 23, 2011, 05:21:45 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1370790
Haters goin to hate...

Oh please, his form was poor for many many moons long before he moved to Chelsea. He had an excellent first season, and he's been nothing like it ever since. In terms of consistency, anyway.

I'm not sure how voluntarily making piles of money impacts your form. If you're talking expectation, then he's always had that.

That all said, Torres is obvious quality and will come right.

Reply #1843 Posted: March 24, 2011, 09:26:54 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: R3DM@N;1370964
Agreed with that Judge bout Kalou/Drogbra but I much prefer someone like Sturridge who actually is so threatening in goal. I like Torres but hes just not in my top strikers category

But Sturridge is? Are you fucking high?

Reply #1844 Posted: March 24, 2011, 09:27:25 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
@Wandarah - hes a one man wolfpack haha. Na i was just saying hes alot more threatening than Torres

Reply #1845 Posted: March 25, 2011, 06:53:22 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Because Torres isn't playing well.

Reply #1846 Posted: March 25, 2011, 11:17:18 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
He cant play any worse haha. I'll support em cause hes Chelsea but doesnt mean hes worth 50m pound

Reply #1847 Posted: March 25, 2011, 12:36:35 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
no one is worth 50M for playing footy....you would think.

Reply #1848 Posted: March 25, 2011, 11:25:26 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1849 Posted: April 01, 2011, 06:07:00 pm