Topic: World War 2 Online

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Foxman;681855
What you really want is Binoculars. I forget where ey are now, used to be about rank 4 or 5 I think.

Please stop making this game sound like alot of fun. You are peaking my curiosity

Reply #75 Posted: March 25, 2008, 08:41:54 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
  • Crazy_Whitey has no influence.
Its fun until you die after an epic 15 minute walk, and its more frustrating when you dont know where you died from :(

But it really is awesome

Reply #76 Posted: March 25, 2008, 10:40:16 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
ill try to get resubbed by the weekend

sunday night BGE?

get yer joystick ready

Reply #77 Posted: March 25, 2008, 10:59:07 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
Is flying with mouse + keyboard possible?

Reply #78 Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:13:00 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Crazy_Whitey;682139
Is flying with mouse + keyboard possible?

not really as you rely upon the joystick to center the plane

so if you push the down arrow to pitch up you'll keep pitching up at the greatest angle of attack until you press the up button for the same amount of time.

it's the same for roll and yaw

Reply #79 Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:42:48 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
when i get my laptop over here i will download and resub and jump on

Reply #80 Posted: March 26, 2008, 02:18:43 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
seems the main hat on my X45 is fucked...joystick is in about 300 parts right now...and i don't have a soldering iron...

Reply #81 Posted: March 26, 2008, 10:50:47 pm

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
I'm getting frustrated with this game, It's bloody hard to pick up as a new player, everyone seems to know where to sit when their camping and I try creeping through the bushes but the tank thats 2km away can somehow see me and kill me in 1 shot.

Ill give it a few more goes and if things dont start to get better, Stuff it

Reply #82 Posted: March 27, 2008, 02:24:21 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Crazy_Whitey;683037
I'm getting frustrated with this game, It's bloody hard to pick up as a new player, everyone seems to know where to sit when their camping and I try creeping through the bushes but the tank thats 2km away can somehow see me and kill me in 1 shot.

Ill give it a few more goes and if things dont start to get better, Stuff it

80% of people who i hear have played BGE end up this way.

tried flying? tried tanking?

Reply #83 Posted: March 27, 2008, 10:39:04 am

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
tankings just as bad as inf, and I cant fly cause I dont have a joystick.

In fact, tankings almost worse than inf cause when you die unexpectedly, its taken you 20 mins to drive instead of 10 mins to walk from msp.

Para drops are probably the best thing so far

Reply #84 Posted: March 27, 2008, 12:26:04 pm

Offline Foxman

• Just settled in
  • Foxman has no influence.
Quote from: Crazy_Whitey;682114
Its fun until you die after an epic 15 minute walk...

Try a 45 minute crawl :)

When you play BGE you have to learn to expect and accept that sort of thing. Getting past that barrier is probably the biggest problem new players have, as BH said.

Its not easy of course and I still get frustrated from time to time but you adjust to the style of play and keep at it.

Reply #85 Posted: March 27, 2008, 05:16:04 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
it's not a game you take fast, you cant say "oh ill just have a quick blat on the servers" you need to set aside at least 4 hours, with a 10 minute walk that'd give you 24 attempts at getting it right, if it takes you that many then I'd suggest a different game for you, like spider solitaire

Reply #86 Posted: March 27, 2008, 11:29:21 pm

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
Yea i cant be bothered wasting so much time to achieve nothing really, I wouldnt mind if I could see where shit was coming from, but imo its a game youve either got sussed or you dont. I cant be bothered trying to get it sussed, its gonna waste too much time and piss me off to the days

Reply #87 Posted: March 28, 2008, 11:28:08 am

Offline Slim

• Addicted
  • Slim barely matters.Slim barely matters.
I enjoy it... But I'm not going to sub.  I just don't have the time for gaming to play a game that it takes 10 minutes to do anything ever.

Reply #88 Posted: March 28, 2008, 01:38:30 pm
If anyone calls me a PC Fanboy - I will punch them in the Jaw.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
I'm not suprised really, it's not the game for everyone.

shit even someone who loves the game takes breaks from it, even bell!

Reply #89 Posted: March 28, 2008, 01:58:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
resubbed

joystick is playing up...just lawn darted a spit Vb...

Reply #90 Posted: March 29, 2008, 12:02:07 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Yea, its frustrating as fuck to learn to play but to be honest, because it was so god-damn hard I was more drawn towards it, I mean when I used to play battlefield after a week of playing hard you had the whole game sussed and were better than %90 of the players.

So naturally when I started playing BGE i was like yep ill be pwning within days.
Then i get owned over and over and over and over and over and im like wtf this makes no sense im surposed to be good at games.
So that put a desire in me to keep respawning and learning from my past deaths until I reached a point where I was better than the average player.
That took ALONG time and now that I'm there (and only in the flying department) it almost doesn't seem as fun and I wish I was a noob again.
But I still havn't mastered the game which is crazy after so long.

This game really shines when you get a group of guys together and decide to do something cool, because there are so many types of missions to go on and its up to you which equipment you want to use.
A group of 5 guys working together can have so much more impact on the game than a bunch of lone players.

And I disagree with the statement you need 4 hours of spare time to do anything worthwhile, well maybe you do when you are first starting.
But once you become an average player and know how to get into battle you just need a spare 10mins to do a quick sortie.

Reply #91 Posted: March 30, 2008, 05:05:34 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #92 Posted: March 23, 2013, 02:55:00 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
BELL N-N-N-N-NECRO!

it is a wonderful game, unfortunately my joystick was too worn out when i went to play :(

Reply #93 Posted: March 23, 2013, 09:16:32 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
The whole game is a Necro back to when games were good :P
Someone needs to give them some millions to make a new engine.
I don't have my awesome joystick with me nor my rudder peddle thingers but ill be back in afew months.

Reply #94 Posted: March 26, 2013, 12:29:04 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
You must spread some Reputation around before Punching Bell in the throat.

Reply #95 Posted: March 26, 2013, 06:32:31 am