Topic: KONY 2012

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/19410454386/didnt-see-that-coming-of-the-day-jason-russell

the head of IC jason russel had a mental meltdown. caught in public masturbating among other things lol

Reply #125 Posted: March 17, 2012, 04:38:55 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hoodie just derp'd.

Reply #126 Posted: March 17, 2012, 04:59:46 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: hoodieblanket;1475591
http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/19410454386/didnt-see-that-coming-of-the-day-jason-russell

Oh the wondrous comments
Orla Gillman 5 hours ago
injizzible children
Teej Liddell 7 hours ago
This couldn't come at a better time.
C. McC 2 hours ago in reply to Teej Liddell
I don't think they let him come at all...

Quote from: RetardoBot;1475596
Hoodie just derp'd.

I have to say that the press statement they released is hilarious.
Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition.

So, masturbating has the same effect as an Ethiopian famine?
edit: And checking my YouTubes has brought out the best critic of them all: The YTWatchDog!

Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:26:05 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #127 Posted: March 17, 2012, 05:22:56 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
Quote from: RetardoBot;1475596
Hoodie just derp'd.

i derp :(

Reply #128 Posted: March 17, 2012, 05:33:19 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
his video apparently of him flipping the fuck out
http://gawker.com/5894093/

Reply #129 Posted: March 17, 2012, 05:38:51 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
and so it starts:

Reply #130 Posted: March 17, 2012, 09:34:59 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
No, I've seen that movie and - spoiler alert - it ends with a closet full of my suits on fire.

LANA: Well I wish you where wearing one!

ARCHER: Who would wear an on fire suit!

Best. Show. Ever.

Reply #131 Posted: March 17, 2012, 10:06:34 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Too bloody right man, Archer ftw

Reply #132 Posted: March 18, 2012, 01:59:25 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
If you still spamin Kony i feel bad for you son.  He snatched 99 children and this thread saved none

Reply #133 Posted: March 19, 2012, 09:54:56 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1475133
A successful misinformation campaign disguised as half truth mixed in with moral panic just leads me to conclude that the world isnt moving forward, it is moving backwards at half the pace.

Man I love being right. Cant wait for the next obviously bullshit campaign for some crusade against some subject which people will will not do the research for.

It is 2012, the Internet is everywhere, and still people get suckered in by this stuff hook, line, and sinker.

The only thing that could make this victory better is if the organiser dies while hanging himself from a door knob while having a wank.

Reply #134 Posted: March 27, 2012, 09:11:35 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
You should, in this circumstance, hate being right.

Reply #135 Posted: March 27, 2012, 09:13:59 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: RetardoBot;1477293
You should, in this circumstance, hate being right.

Not really.

People gave money to a good cause, learned about some dude named 'Kony' who is a bad man, learned quite abit about modern Ugandan history, and found out that Africa isnt quite as shitty a place as everyone makes it out to be.

It is just a shame that it was promoted under such an obviously false pretenses.

Reply #136 Posted: March 27, 2012, 09:22:03 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1477294
Not really.

People gave money to a good cause, learned about some dude named 'Kony' who is a bad man, learned quite abit about modern Ugandan history, and found out that Africa isnt quite as shitty a place as everyone makes it out to be.

It is just a shame that it was promoted under such an obviously false pretenses.

Fact is, you enjoy that you're right about an organization profiting off charity, specifically charity for under privileged children. I'd hate to be right in that situation. What the hell do you have to gain form being right apart from some show boating about being right?

I know I'd be fuming if I did some research into Save The Children and found that I was right about them acting as midget smugglers.

Reply #137 Posted: March 27, 2012, 09:37:34 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: RetardoBot;1477296
Fact is, you enjoy that you're right about an organization profiting off charity, specifically charity for under privileged children. I'd hate to be right in that situation. What the hell do you have to gain form being right apart from some show boating about being right?

And these are supposed to be negatives??
Do you only support unsuccessful NGO's?
Is this just a case of tall poppies RetardoBot?

Reply #138 Posted: March 27, 2012, 09:52:25 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1477300
And these are supposed to be negatives??
Do you only support unsuccessful NGO's?
Is this just a case of tall poppies RetardoBot?

Tall poppies? Don't forget you're the one throwing your arms up in the air about being right and lambasting those who where apparently "sucked in".

I would have loved the KONY2012 Campaign to be successful in terms of actually providing some sort of assistance to those who need it, it sucks that it has turned out to be what appears to be a fraudulent exercise. I'm not about to do a happy dance and label all those who believed it could have been good as mindless idiots, they were doing what they believed to be right.

A year ago a pleasant man came to my door asking for donations for Save The Children. I didn't tell him to fuck off whilst I did research into the organization to make sure they do what he said they do. I'm not about to punch the Plunket lady in the vagina and chase her off my property because I believe her to be peddling lies.
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:09:33 am by Retardobot

Reply #139 Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:03:19 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: RetardoBot;1477302
A year ago a pleasant man came to my door asking for donations for Save The Children. I didn't tell him to fuck off whilst I did research into the organization to make sure they do what he said they do. I'm not about to punch the Plunket lady in the vagina and chase her off my property because I believe her to be peddling lies.

Whats good for Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses is good for everone.

Release the hounds.

Reply #140 Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:17:46 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
I don't think there's anything wrong in celebrating ones intuition being proven correct. I think that's actually an important reward from an evolutionist point of view. Don't mix that up with wanting to klunge punch Jehovah Witnesses.

Reply #141 Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:41:33 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: dirtyape;1477310
I don't think there's anything wrong in celebrating ones intuition being proven correct. I think that's actually an important reward from an evolutionist point of view. Don't mix that up with wanting to klunge punch Jehovah Witnesses.

I understand this and agree with it.

But there's better situations in which to celebrate ones triumph.

YES, I WAS RIGHT, AN ORGANIZATION SETUP TO HELP AFRICAN CHILDREN IS/WAS FRAUDULENT!

As opposed to:

That sucks, I wish it wasn't that way, people are now going to be hugely skeptical of any future attempts at generating public attraction to similar, internet-born causes..
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:49:59 am by Retardobot

Reply #142 Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:47:31 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
People should be sceptical by default.

It is more like: YES, I WAS RIGHT, AN ORGANISATION SETUP TO IS/WAS FRAUDULENT!

You should be able to apply your logic to any cause, ergo you are saying no one should ever celebrate having intuition enough to detect a dodgy cause.

Reply #143 Posted: March 27, 2012, 11:05:06 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: dirtyape;1477315
ergo you are saying no one should ever celebrate having intuition enough to detect a dodgy cause.

Not at all.

Quote from: RetardoBot;1477313
I understand this and agree with it.
But there's better situations in which to celebrate ones triumph.

I'm of the belief that I wish KONY2012 would have done a lot more good. I wish it didn't turn out to be fraudulent because how much pure energy it managed to drum up.

"I wish it weren't so." rather than "I feel good because I was right about it's somewhat shakey foundations".

Reply #144 Posted: March 27, 2012, 11:19:52 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
He wasn't wanking in public, he was raising awareness of his boner

Reply #145 Posted: March 27, 2012, 11:25:56 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Emrico1;1477319
He wasn't wanking in public, he was raising awareness of his boner

Hah. Should have put it on YouTube and made an "action kit".

Reply #146 Posted: March 27, 2012, 11:29:41 am

Offline pablo d

• Just settled in
  • pablo d has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1477291
Man I love being right. Cant wait for the next obviously bull$#@! campaign for some crusade against some subject which people will will not do the research for.

It is 2012, the Internet is everywhere, and still people get suckered in by this stuff hook, line, and sinker.

The only thing that could make this victory better is if the organiser dies while hanging himself from a door knob while having a wank.

I don't know you but I like you.

Reply #147 Posted: March 27, 2012, 12:19:42 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1477291
Man I love being right. Cant wait for the next obviously bullshit campaign for some crusade against some subject which people will will not do the research for. It is 2012, the Internet is everywhere, and still people get suckered in by this stuff hook, line, and sinker.

Here ya go: http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?81027-Skate-Park-Attack

Reply #148 Posted: March 27, 2012, 12:26:28 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
I just had a brilliant video idea:

RUSSELL 2012

It could be a film that raises awareness towards public masturbation through the example provided by Russell.

Reply #149 Posted: March 27, 2012, 07:24:13 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.