Other
3 (7.9%)
NOBODY
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Topic: ELECTION 2014

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I think I can safely say:

Lol NZ Politics

Reply #100 Posted: September 22, 2014, 08:46:30 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I think the most disappointing part about this election is how close Colin Craig got to actually getting a seat

THAT many people voted for.. THAT..

Reply #101 Posted: September 22, 2014, 10:36:00 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Have the greens won an electorate seat yet? I find it a little odd a party which I guess you can say is big, doesn't strictly speaking have a standing MP based on a head to head victory.

In saying that, I guess they want to be focusing on national issues as opposed to local issues. So not a bad strategy.

Reply #102 Posted: September 22, 2014, 01:05:57 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Have the greens won an electorate seat yet? I find it a little odd a party which I guess you can say is big, doesn't strictly speaking have a standing MP based on a head to head victory.

In saying that, I guess they want to be focusing on national issues as opposed to local issues. So not a bad strategy.

Yeah they have previously, Jeanette Fitzsimons won Coromandel a few years ago.

Reply #103 Posted: September 22, 2014, 08:33:21 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I think the most disappointing part about this election is how close Colin Craig got to actually getting a seat

Yes.. foaming foaming nutjobs.

Reply #104 Posted: September 22, 2014, 08:33:45 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

He's such a positive guy though, even when he lost he had a big smile on his face.

Much happy.

Reply #105 Posted: September 22, 2014, 09:50:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

In all honesty, Colin Craig had more gumption and passion than any of the other minor party leaders.

If we're talking party leaders who didn't know what they were doing, I'm going to nominate Laila Harre for that moniker. Everything said sounded like it came from a 101 class on 'how to be a run of the mill politician".

She also looks like an old squirrel.

I'd still totally do her.

EDIT: The internet is being so god damn fucky. Posting this reply ended up becoming a new topic. WTF.

Reply #106 Posted: September 22, 2014, 10:45:00 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...

Yeah they have previously, Jeanette Fitzsimons won Coromandel a few years ago.

ah true, forgot about her. I didn't mind her. In fact I don't really mind the top ones, I can't stand Gareth Hughes though, he really rubs me the wrong way.

Reply #107 Posted: September 23, 2014, 01:36:15 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
ah true, forgot about her. I didn't mind her. In fact I don't really mind the top ones, I can't stand Gareth Hughes though, he really rubs me the wrong way.

I thought it was Darren Hughes that rubbed young men the wrong way lololololol

Reply #108 Posted: September 23, 2014, 07:40:50 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I think I can safely say:

Lol NZ Politics

Pretty sure we... well... I at least said that 4 elections ago.

I think the last (semi)decent election was the year I turned vote-eligible. And back then I was probably just (more than) likely too fucking stupid un-clued up to know otherwise.

Reply #109 Posted: September 23, 2014, 08:01:52 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I think they still have a lot of stigmatism around them though thier kinda less than political origins.
And by that I mean all the older folk still think they're shit because they were a bunch of smelly hippies trying to legalise pot rather than run a country.
They've grown up, but I too am a bit surprised that that is not relected better in the votes.

I don't think it's the pot, as much as it's the completely living in fairytale world lalaland.

Same thing.

I believe they've grown enough to be capable with a majority coalition*. I don't expect that from them, but (on the times where the folks you described in the rest of your post aren't in vocal focus) it's nice to have them in parliament, at least to keep a <mostly> objective view on some of the hyped up shit the other two major parties come up with.

Plus they are in effect partly right. We are the 'green' country (colour/env. not politics). And things like mining national parks... LOLWUT. I like them for that much at least. And I must say... traditionally I'm a central right voter (it's most unfortunate as of late that there's been no such fucking thing).

*but it is the crazy voices that makes me dubious of letting them have sole control. Because, fuck them. In their entirety.

eg. I can't believe that bradford (yeah that's right, no capitalisation on that name) thing hasn't tried to criminalise breathing yet because it steals valuable oxygen needed for the rest of the ecosystem or something.

ps. I know she's not Greens any more, but it still GREATLY saddens me that it's still (even semi-)active in politics.
Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:11:51 am by Pyromanik

Reply #110 Posted: September 23, 2014, 08:07:12 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/568393/20141002/100-tuition-free-why-germany-envy-university.htm#.VC0cs_mSxcg

I'm not sure where I was ranting about the cost of education in tertiary schools so I'll put this here.

Reply #111 Posted: October 02, 2014, 10:40:07 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/568393/20141002/100-tuition-free-why-germany-envy-university.htm#.VC0cs_mSxcg

I'm not sure where I was ranting about the cost of education in tertiary schools so I'll put this here.

I'm all down for free tertiary, but only for students with high grades.

Reply #112 Posted: October 03, 2014, 11:49:29 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

I'm all down for free tertiary, but only for students with high grades.

Think that's called a scholarship?

Reply #113 Posted: October 03, 2014, 11:54:18 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's should be user pays. I don't want to pay more taxes just so some student can get pissed all the time.

Reply #114 Posted: October 03, 2014, 12:03:45 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's should be user pays. I don't want to pay more taxes just so some student can get pissed all the time.

But you're fine paying taxes for welfare, where they all get pissed all the time. You're fine paying taxes that end up paying for contractors who build and repair roads, because that's also another demographic that gets pissed all the time.

Because, you know, every student gets pissed all the time.
Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:59:36 pm by Retardobot

Reply #115 Posted: October 03, 2014, 12:57:31 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

This is the thing - I don't mind students getting free education - they just have to use the degree they have studied for

Reply #116 Posted: October 03, 2014, 12:58:18 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

This is the thing - I don't mind students getting free education - they just have to use the degree they have studied for
Just remove everything related to Bachelor of Arts :-P

Reply #117 Posted: October 03, 2014, 01:21:32 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

But you're fine paying taxes for welfare, where they all get pissed all the time. You're fine paying taxes that end up paying for contractors who build and repair roads, because that's also another demographic that gets pissed all the time.

They're bad examples.

Someone on welfare can't pay for their own welfare, that is why they are on welfare in the first place. A student can pay for their own education.

I use roads a lot, so I'm happy to pay taxes for them.

Reply #118 Posted: October 03, 2014, 02:14:18 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

They're bad examples.

Someone on welfare can't pay for their own welfare, that is why they are on welfare in the first place. A student can pay for their own education.

I use roads a lot, so I'm happy to pay taxes for them.

You use students a lot.

And sorry Monkey, but..."a student can pay for their own education".

No, no they can't.

Reply #119 Posted: October 03, 2014, 03:00:46 pm

Yes they can.

Anyone can get an interest free student loan to pay for their education.

Reply #120 Posted: October 03, 2014, 03:41:04 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Wait, what has Hone been up to? Haven't heard much outrageous stuff this electorial campaign time... mostly been lies and slander between grown up high schoolers.

http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/harawira-hired-sex-offenders-with-taxpayer-money-2014102318
Sex offenders worked for Harawira with taxpayer money
By Tova O'Brien
Thursday 23 Oct 2014 6:28 p.m
As Northland faces its latest high-profile sex case, 3 News can reveal the alleged offender had been working for Hone Harawira and paid by the taxpayer.
Leaked Parliamentary documents show he's one of three men hired by Mr Harawira who have either been convicted of, or ended up accused of sexual offence charges.

Mr Harawira employed his brother Arthur through Parliamentary Services – again with public funds. He's spent time in jail for violent offences, including a sexual attack charge laid in 2008.
"To go and hire people regardless of whether they're family or not who have got a history of sexual or domestic violence is just unacceptable – it's unforgivable," says Mr Davis.
Parliamentary Services and the Speaker are responsible for staff, but they refused to comment.

Reply #121 Posted: October 27, 2014, 10:29:51 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Why is it unacceptable to hire someone with a criminal record?

Are they not entitled to earn a wage because they spent time in prison?

Reply #122 Posted: October 28, 2014, 02:56:59 pm

Why is it unacceptable to hire someone with a criminal record?

Are they not entitled to earn a wage because they spent time in prison?

I agree.

It would be different if they were hired as a school teacher or something.

But I don't see an issue with ex-prisoner working on a campaign (although it probably wouldn't help the party image)

Reply #123 Posted: October 28, 2014, 03:44:28 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
As someone who has a couple of minor, never been to jail convictions, most companies won't hire you, even if you've never been to jail.

It's quite shit.

Reply #124 Posted: October 28, 2014, 06:39:57 pm