Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #2500 Posted: January 11, 2012, 10:42:57 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1461404
Are we getting John Terry?

Zing!

Reply #2501 Posted: January 11, 2012, 10:45:51 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1461411
Yea, the same Leeds who beat Man U at Old Trafford two years ago, and forced a replay with Arsenal last season.

Wikipedia would say they were not the same squads :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_Leeds_United_A.F.C._season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Leeds_United_A.F.C._season

Reply #2502 Posted: January 11, 2012, 10:55:19 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
I heard they thought their reserves would be enough cut it against Arsenal.

Reply #2503 Posted: January 11, 2012, 11:22:48 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.

Reply #2504 Posted: January 11, 2012, 03:06:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1461418
Wikipedia would say they were not the same squads :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_Leeds_United_A.F.C._season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Leeds_United_A.F.C._season

Same Leeds team, different players. :P

Reply #2505 Posted: January 11, 2012, 06:39:18 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
YUSSSSSSSS!!!

Only carling cup and the first leg but a win over Citeh is a good win

fark we need a new striker though

Reply #2506 Posted: January 12, 2012, 10:42:45 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1461667
YUSSSSSSSS!!!

So.....torn.....

Reply #2507 Posted: January 12, 2012, 08:58:22 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
hes unconfirmed as being racist maori :P

Your team is full of confirmed ones

Reply #2508 Posted: January 12, 2012, 09:14:09 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: maorifulla;1461667
YUSSSSSSSS!!!

Suarez out
Kalou in

apparently......

cha ching.

Reply #2509 Posted: January 12, 2012, 10:58:47 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
I heard Chelsea are negotiating for Eden Hazard

you bastards with all your money hahahahah

Kalou hmmmmmmmm gotta be better than carroll lulz

Reply #2510 Posted: January 13, 2012, 08:49:37 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
yea, I read that, we won't get him though. I don't think they want 25M more like 33M.

Kalou will at least get you goals, they will be 6 yard tap ins poacher goals, but they all count :)

I reckon Chelsea should get Tevez on loan for a laugh...not sure Citeh are sick enough of the sight of him to want to lend him to us though.

Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:59:51 am by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2511 Posted: January 13, 2012, 08:57:21 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Gerard has signed for the rest of his life :-) Now don't get injured or racially abuse anyone!

Reply #2512 Posted: January 13, 2012, 03:57:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Lol @ Sami. He also got a bit of a dig from 'Arry in some article where Harry was having a laugh about City spending so much and only just being ahead of Spurs who have spent one - one hundredth of the amount City have spent, then went on to say 'Players like Samir Nasri, who was linked to ManU, yet he went to City... All for the money.

Fuck him, I would almost prefer Spurs win the league than Nasri get his filthy paws on the trophy.

Reply #2513 Posted: January 13, 2012, 04:21:19 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Lol @ Sami. He also got a bit of a dig from 'Arry in some article where Harry was having a laugh about City spending so much and only just being ahead of Spurs who have spent one - one hundredth of the amount City have spent, then went on to say 'Players like Samir Nasri, who was linked to ManU, yet he went to City... All for the money.

Fuck him, I would almost prefer Spurs win the league than Nasri get his filthy paws on the trophy.

Reply #2514 Posted: January 13, 2012, 04:21:02 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Congrats Arsene Wenger on fucking Arsenal in the Arse, at this rate we will not make top four, RVP will leave and we will once again be royally fucked.

Fuck the board, fuck Arsene, they have all completely lost it.

Reply #2515 Posted: January 16, 2012, 09:44:36 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Liverpool have just turned to sh!t

have no attack, full of racists players and fans and wife bashers.

sort it out

or its time for change

Reply #2516 Posted: January 16, 2012, 10:22:20 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1462295
Congrats Arsene Wenger on fucking Arsenal in the Arse, at this rate we will not make top four, RVP will leave and we will once again be royally fucked.

Fuck the board, fuck Arsene, they have all completely lost it.

LOL's!

Reply #2517 Posted: January 16, 2012, 10:39:13 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1462295
Congrats Kenny on $#@!ing Liverpool in the Arse, at this rate we will not make top four, Suarez will leave and we will once again be royally $#@!ed.

$#@! the board, $#@! Kenny, they have all completely lost it.

thanks for the template Spork

Reply #2518 Posted: January 16, 2012, 10:53:14 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
^ Fuck we certainly looked like arse on the weekend.... Best defensive record in the Prem, but even fucken Blackburn Rovers have scored more goals than us. Kenny seems to have sorted out the defence, now just needs some go forward and score. It's a joke when Johnson has the most shots on target in a game.
Still could be worse.... could be an Arsenal supporter :p

Reply #2519 Posted: January 16, 2012, 11:47:13 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
I dont think i want jermane defoe on our team though, it looks like we are looking at a few players outside the prem that are good prospects

but until its signed on the dotted line

we might be stuck with the pony tailed a hole

Reply #2520 Posted: January 17, 2012, 09:59:50 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Liverpool could well do with Defoe.

Reply #2521 Posted: January 17, 2012, 10:41:47 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Doubt Spurs would give up Defoe.

As the weeks trudge on, St Totteringhams 2012 is looking less and less likely, still a while left yet, but they are 10 points ahead now.

Reply #2522 Posted: January 17, 2012, 10:50:42 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
You should totally fly into another rage and accuse everyone of fucking everything in the ass. That was awesome.

Reply #2523 Posted: January 18, 2012, 10:30:47 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well it's true.

Here is something I wrote on another forum;

Watching parts of the Swansea game.

WTF was Ramsay doing for their second? Same as Miquel, Song and Koscielny, all responsible for that goal, absolutely shocking.

Same as their third, no idea who, but I think it's safe to say the whole team flapped up there, diabolical.

EDIT:

Copy pasta from another forum (I'm, the original poster).

O.K, so I just watched the game again, and while we were absolute **** for 95% of the game, none of that would have mattered if we had players who knew ANYTHING about football in the moments leading up to Swansea scoring.

http://i.imgur.com/rVgtP.jpg

1. Miquel
Casually jogging back, enjoying the ******* scenery or something, completely unaware of what is happening on the ball. Either that or he doesn't care less. If he was doing his job and defending in his bloody LEFT BACK position then this goal could easily have been avoided.

2. Song
Was actually walking toward the other goal for almost a full second before realising that the ball is being passed to the player which he was meant to be darn well marking, so by the time that he turns around and Dyer pretty well already has the ball in the net.
3. Koscielny
Runs off to mark a player who already has another Arsenal player marking him

4. Mertesacker

Far too slow to react to a pass which flies straight past him, and obviously is not clear enough about who he is marking as Kos comes over to his same man and then makes both of them useless.

http://i.imgur.com/DWPlc.jpg

1. Miquel
Should not have even bothered defending here, oh wait, HE DIDN'T BOTHER DEFENDING.
2. Rosicky?
Chased after the ball as it was being passed around him, and then as soon as it went further than two metres from him he gave up and watched the ball as it travelled toward our goal line via a few useless defenders.
3.Song.
4. RVP? (Damn crappy video quality)
I guess he has been playing a full game after spending two weeks in Dubai or what ever, but all of our players should be responsible for defending, and none of them were. (I don't really blame RVP much, just went a bit OTT with my circle work)
5. Koscielny
Easily beaten to the ball, should have been quicker when running back, if nothing else he should have taken him down outside the box. Straight red, but it wouldn't of been a goal. (Either way he would probably have got a lot of abuse). He also could have got a block in on the shot.
6. Mertesacker
Really starting to annoy me how he just puts his hand up in the air as soon as he believes it to be offside and then just sits back waiting for the ref to call it, except lately, Mert has been making the wrong calls, and then getting completely caught out, as he was here.

In the end of the day, we easily could have avoided both of these goals – and the first if Ramsay saw that both Kos and Djourou were in position to tackle, although I do understand that Dyer actually stood on Ramsay's leg (accidentally) and was then tripped due to Ramsay moving his leg, so it wasn't a penalty, but not a dive either, in my opinion.

Overall extremely sloppy play and we dropped 3 extremely important points in this game.

Not to take anything from Swansea, they pushed harder than I've seen Arsenal push in a long time, and for most of the game as well. They say that Wenger is one of the best managers in the world, yet he got out tactic-ed by Swansea who have a much inferior side to what Arsenal do and a whole load less funds. I can't remember which site it was, but perhaps the mirror or the scum posted something from an ex Arsenal player who said that current day Arsenal players lack passion and spirit, and I 100% agree with him, and seeing Henry back at the club just goes to show what both of the aforementioned words actually mean. Players like Szcezney and many others show passion when we are on top, and winning well, but a lot of them go missing as soon as the going gets tough.

Another thing which I find funny is that Swansea played what you would have to call 'the beautiful game' on a rugby pitch, which looked like my backyard, yet before the game Arsene commented saying that the pitch was shocking, and he always complains when ever any ground is less than the Emirates (/perfect).

--

I wanted the images to be .gifs but I have no idea how to convert .mp4 to gif and upload to the internets

Shocking.

Reply #2524 Posted: January 18, 2012, 10:59:29 am