Topic: iPhone 5

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
The Android Facebook app, that is just shit.

Reply #200 Posted: November 15, 2012, 08:15:48 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Ditched Facebook app a LONG LONG TIME AGO IN A FAR FARAWAY GALAXY and now use Flipboard instead, social media merging FTW. Currently for me it hanldes my google+, f/b, twitter, and image sharing sites.

Reply #201 Posted: November 15, 2012, 09:56:20 am
- badfox

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
More Anti Mac propaganda

Spoiler :

Reply #202 Posted: November 15, 2012, 12:40:16 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: .osiRiS;1508859
You can go on your figures all you want but.....

Is that you Karl rove?

Reply #203 Posted: November 15, 2012, 02:39:31 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Never said Apple invented anything but they have brought almost everything into a nice neat package for the users. You can do about the same amount of things on both mobile operating systems but I personally prefer not having to muck around to get this working, native ALC playback, larger communities for each device and generally higher app quality.

I do however like Android's openness which allows some cool stuff like different launchers and programming Arduino compatible boards.

What I hate about both sides is that advanced users have to resort to jail breaking or rooting to do specific tasks.

I can't decide between Android and iOS for a phone, they are too evenly matched. Do I pay more and get convience or do I pay less but have to fuck around more? The tablets iOS wins because of the app store.

Reply #204 Posted: November 15, 2012, 03:14:56 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
HOLD THE PHONE, there is shortcut keys for the quick reply box crtl+i, ctrl+b.

ANYWHO, I went Android 'cause I like hacking and ripping things to pieces. I bricked my SGS1 plenty of times, that was fun o_O

Agree with the tablet market, but I wouldn't advise someone already with Android to jump ships for an iPad.

Reply #205 Posted: November 15, 2012, 05:02:39 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
So do I just not as much with something I depend on so heavily for doing almost everything. Anything else electronic is fair game such as PC, PSP, Arduino etc

Agreed

Reply #206 Posted: November 15, 2012, 05:41:37 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1508914
I personally prefer not having to muck around to get this working

What in the fuck are you even talking about?

Buy Android phone. Turn on said phone. Use said phone.

Tell me at what stage you need to "fuck around to make things work"?. Its not like they send you a phone that is unformatted with no OS and no apps, that you then have to finish coding and flash via odin.

I think you are,

A) An Apple fanboi (i said it, come at me bro)
B) To short sighted to see that the Android growth will only result in better OS's and better phones

Considering that, you know, Android is outselling iOS 6 to 1...
Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:45:53 pm by swindle

Reply #207 Posted: November 15, 2012, 06:42:02 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
But how many handsets and versions of Android do you have? Those updates are coming thick and fast good thing they work on all devices...right?

Sorry Bell what are you trying to refer to?

Reply #208 Posted: November 15, 2012, 08:30:56 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I was suggesting you were like the Karl rove who refused to believe in facts and figures because he just had a 'feeling' that Romney would win the US election.
It seems to me that you 'feel' that IOS is more stable than Andriod so were prepared to dismiss that study before you even saw it.
Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:43:15 pm by Bell

Reply #209 Posted: November 15, 2012, 08:40:46 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: swindle;1508948
What in the fuck are you even talking about?

Buy Android phone. Turn on said phone. Use said phone.

Tell me at what stage you need to "fuck around to make things work"?. Its not like they send you a phone that is unformatted with no OS and no apps, that you then have to finish coding and flash via odin.

I think you are,

A) An Apple fanboi (i said it, come at me bro)
B) To short sighted to see that the Android growth will only result in better OS's and better phones

Considering that, you know, Android is outselling iOS 6 to 1...

Cloud syncing and storage across multiple devices, for iOS it just requires you to login using your account. Android for example requires actually setting up Dropbox last I remember with 3.0
Some older hardware is not given updates that it should and requires resorting to CFW, nexus products are usually kept in the loop but other manufacturers are guilty of this. Where an Appple product usually gets updates 2-4 years after it's release.
Another thing is all the shit a manufacturer or carrier may install on your phone for you and some people hate this.
It toke me a week or so to setup the Android tablet the way I wanted it and there was constant problems that required fixing like the wifi connection. Randomly it would disconnect and required me to re-enter the key but that wouldn't work either sometimes.

No I personally prefer the products but I actually also owned an Android tablet, I recommended Android products actually to people if they want a cheaper smartphone, bigger screen sizes or if they are the kind of people who like to tinker with mobile devices. I really want an Arduino development environment for iOS but I know it's not going to happen.

I agree with you here, we can already see Android addressed issues with iOS from day one and it has influenced other companies for the better. Notification drop down, multiple handset makers, bigger screen sizes, proper maps application.

Yes they are outselling but the iOS is targeting a specific market, Apple has pretty much always said its their way or the highway. Android devices are far more available and the number of devices and prices pretty much blankets the market. It is a bit like the Nokia and Blackberry, both were profitable but Nokia's were something everyone had while Blackberries were for that specific market.

Reply #210 Posted: November 15, 2012, 09:09:46 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's no surprise that Android are a much bigger seller, there's alot of dirt cheap android phones out there. Cheap phones sell more, that's obvious.

iPhone targets the high-end market, it's not really fair to compare iPhone sales to Andriod sales across all markets.

Reply #211 Posted: November 16, 2012, 08:23:16 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Fair in what regard?

Reply #212 Posted: November 16, 2012, 08:22:46 pm

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
I'm assuming fair as in 6 people that just want cheap android phones will buy a $99 phone compared to one person that will buy a $599 Iphone for it's features (cheapest iphone on the market currently).

I agree, you can't compare how many Android phones sold vs Iphone because there is about 20 different manufacturers selling phones with Android on them ranging from $80 to $1000.....

Personally Android has a better OS but Iphone has better apps. For now....

Reply #213 Posted: November 17, 2012, 07:47:41 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: xpertz;1509152
I'm assuming fair as in 6 people that just want cheap android phones will buy a $99 phone compared to one person that will buy a $599 Iphone for it's features (cheapest iphone on the market currently).

I agree, you can't compare how many Android phones sold vs Iphone because there is about 20 different manufacturers selling phones with Android on them ranging from $80 to $1000.....

This.

One day I will be able to switch back to Android tablets

Reply #214 Posted: November 17, 2012, 11:17:28 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: xpertz;1509152

You also can't disregard cheap andriod phones when counting the figures.
The fact that they are able to make android smart phones that do all the awesome things smart phones do at a fraction of the cost of IOS is an achievement in itself and will have more effect on the world than expensive phones will.

Reply #215 Posted: November 18, 2012, 03:15:53 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
I doubt the cheaper Android phones will be able to cope with any serious processing loads. They are normally made with outdated hardware so they normally need to be replaced every year or less to keep up with the latest apps. I know someone who purchased a cheap Android Sony phone for around $500 and temple run lags enough to be unplayable.

Reply #216 Posted: November 18, 2012, 09:49:18 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1509170
I doubt the cheaper Android phones will be able to cope with any serious processing loads. They are normally made with outdated hardware so they normally need to be replaced every year or less to keep up with the latest apps. I know someone who purchased a cheap Android Sony phone for around $500 and temple run lags enough to be unplayable.

Playing games isn't important.
Having an affordable device that can deliver mobile access to the internet, video, GPS, twitter etc to the masses is pretty powerful stuff.
Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:02:17 am by Bell

Reply #217 Posted: November 18, 2012, 09:59:35 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
So Bell - Nexus 4 ?

For it's price it's going to make some great in roads.

Reply #218 Posted: November 18, 2012, 10:05:49 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

Wait what. You consider a cheap android to be $500?

Reply #219 Posted: November 18, 2012, 10:37:35 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
replaced every year or less

So you're talking about Apple then?

5 years and 6 phone. You fucking tell me bro.

Android phones with fucking old school Gingerbread are still be made and used, on hold hardware, and run really well.

Reply #220 Posted: November 18, 2012, 12:26:21 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;1509172
Playing games isn't important.
Having an affordable device that can deliver mobile access to the internet, video, GPS, twitter etc to the masses is pretty powerful stuff.

Ok bell, go out and buy the Vodafone 858 and use it for a week and then tell me that it's an awesome device that can do everything. I'd bet $100 you would have thrown it against the wall because of how frustrating it is to use, the screen size and processor in it makes even checking emails bad let alone trying to use it as a GPS device or web browser. xoxo

The functionality may be there on paper but usability is a joke and people want a phone that works well.

Best Android for price at the moment in NZ is the HTC desire X for $399. Go buy one today at your nearest Vodafone Store. ;)
Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:54:43 pm by xpertz

Reply #221 Posted: November 18, 2012, 08:52:18 pm
HcN.skytech dropped

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Xpertz, perhaps in the Republic of Georgia where Bell is the 858 is how we say 'the best thing since sliced bread'?

Reply #222 Posted: November 18, 2012, 11:43:21 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
When you get paid on average $250 US a month yea for most people it would be.

Reply #223 Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:12:14 am

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
Quote from: .osiRiS;1509216
Xpertz, perhaps in the Republic of Georgia where Bell is the 858 is how we say 'the best thing since sliced bread'?

oh shiet!

Reply #224 Posted: November 19, 2012, 07:19:45 pm
HcN.skytech dropped