Topic: US Shooting

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
ALL the guns

Reply #50 Posted: December 22, 2012, 04:54:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Well I do so like reminding lias that he is a lunatic.

And yeah, the NRA has suggested putting the equivalent of 1/7th of the police force in schools during the day, hopefully reaching that happy medium (that definitely exists) where there are so many guns that no one wants to kill each other.

But yeah, just a violent society imo. How can the citizens be expected to stop killing each other when violence seems to be the primary conflict resolution strategy of the government?

Reply #51 Posted: December 22, 2012, 05:12:51 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1512485
Well I do so like reminding lias that he is a lunatic.

And yeah, the NRA has suggested putting the equivalent of 1/7th of the police force in schools during the day, hopefully reaching that happy medium (that definitely exists) where there are so many guns that no one wants to kill each other.

But yeah, just a violent society imo. How can the citizens be expected to stop killing each other when violence seems to be the primary conflict resolution strategy of the government?

Guvment? You cant trust no guv'ment!

Reply #52 Posted: December 22, 2012, 05:33:17 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1512485

I'd go with 90% of these shooters topping themselves (no stats, just a guess) either way some how I don't think they're too worried if they die....

Reply #53 Posted: December 23, 2012, 12:20:02 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/8622792/Boy-5-kills-sister-with-his-gun

In southern Kentucky, where children get their first guns even before they start school, Stephanie Sparks paid little attention as her 5-year-old son played with the rifle he was given last year.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Then, as she briefly stepped outside while cleaning the kitchen, "she heard the gun go off," a coroner said.
In a horrific accident that shocked a rural area far from the US debate over gun control, the boy, Kristian, killed his 2-year-old sister, Caroline, with a single shot to the chest on Tuesday (Wednesday NZT).

The rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children - "My first rifle" is the slogan - in colours ranging to hot pink and multi-colour swirls.

White said the shooting had been ruled accidental. A police spokesman said it was unclear whether any charges will be filed.

Accidental....

Accidental....

.....[/FONT][/COLOR]

Reply #54 Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:34:10 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
If they had better background checks in place for that 5 year old kid, this wouldn't of happened.

Reply #55 Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:44:45 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524656
If they had better background checks in place for that 5 year old kid, this wouldn't of happened.

i lol'd ... my son (5 yrs old) cant even be trusted with a pair of scissors as the temptation to cut something is too great as with many many other things ... mind moves way to fast to be able to make a clear judgement call  so WHY THE FUCK would you give your 5 year old kid a fucking rifle/gun  : senseless wonderment: .. only in america

Reply #56 Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:49:58 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
"The whole town is heartbroken," Phelps said of Burkesville, a farming community of 1800 northeast of Nashville, Tenn. "This was a total shock. This was totally unexpected."

Reply #57 Posted: May 02, 2013, 04:04:27 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The 2 year old sister should have been given a gun as well, so she could defend herself.

When will these people learn!

Reply #58 Posted: May 02, 2013, 04:17:53 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
you look at the whole constitution and the way its worded and until its amended/removed they will never learn  

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

look at how many things people can read into this ... remove it completely and you might stand a chance of stopping shit like that from happening on such a large scale.  

Reply #59 Posted: May 02, 2013, 04:54:04 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1524653
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/8622792/Boy-5-kills-sister-with-his-gun
Accidental....

Accidental....

.....[/FONT][/COLOR]

wtf they would be charged for sure in NZ, my old soccer coach didnt secure his shotgun and one of his sons friends got hold of it and killed his son.
He did a short term in jail after that I believe, you can't just leave a loaded gun in the corner of the room.

Reply #60 Posted: May 02, 2013, 05:58:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
And ammunition must be kept in a separate locked compartment than the one the firearm is kept in, etc. IIRC.

I don't see any issue with teaching children to shoot. Sure 5 is probably a bit young, and bright coloured guns are also stupid as they could be mistaked for toys. But teaching a child about firearm safety and control at a young age is not bad in itself. Leaving a loaded firearm in the hands of a five year old in the living room (not the range) and then leaving said room... very stupid.

Parents should definitely be locked up.
But, they're from the south. Probably thought God would protect the children.

Maybe the boy is just a serial killer in the making. Who knows.
Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:24:55 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #61 Posted: May 02, 2013, 06:21:56 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
there is actually a town in texas where local legislation has made it that everyone over the age of 18 is legally bound to carry a loaded firearm on there person,
and yes irresponsible parents should be jailed if caught or persons injured/killed
i guess we live in a sheltered country where we have never really been exposed to firearms as much as the states .. maybe thats a good thing maybe its a bad one, personally i grew up around firearms, my father spent 26 years in the rnzaf and i was raised around a km from hobsonville firing range, seen a few accidents and a few friends parents discharged from the army for careless storage, kids playing with ammo ... got shot when i was 19 with a .22 in the forearm by a friend who was a lil irresponsible.

Reply #62 Posted: May 02, 2013, 06:43:43 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1524680
there is actually a town in texas where local legislation has made it that everyone over the age of 18 is legally bound to carry a loaded firearm on there person,

Yea but its sort of a symbolic law you can get an exemption from the law if "you don't believe in carrying firearms" so you only have to the follow the law if you want to follow the law :P
Still it's very weird and seems to be encouraging some sort of peer pressure to carry.

Reply #63 Posted: May 02, 2013, 06:48:59 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524667
The 2 year old sister should have been given a gun as well, so she could defend herself.

When will these people learn!

The only thing that can stop a 5 year old with a gun, is another 5 year old with a gun.

Reply #64 Posted: May 02, 2013, 10:08:31 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1524680
and yes irresponsible parents should be jailed if caught or persons injured/killed
i guess we live in a sheltered country where we have never really been exposed to firearms as much as the states .. maybe thats a good thing maybe its a bad one, personally i grew up around firearms, my father spent 26 years in the rnzaf and i was raised around a km from hobsonville firing range, seen a few accidents and a few friends parents discharged from the army for careless storage, kids playing with ammo ... got shot when i was 19 with a .22 in the forearm by a friend who was a lil irresponsible.

I remember being taught about firearm safety in school.
And I don't mean high school.

Reply #65 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:23:04 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Pyromanik;1524710
I remember being taught about firearm safety in school.
And I don't mean high school.

yeah for sure its not a bad thing for kids to know about firearms as i guess these days they have so much exposure to them, but handing a 5 yr old a loaded firearm is just asking for trouble.

Reply #66 Posted: May 03, 2013, 12:00:51 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/8647572/Electronic-Arts-drops-gun-makers-not-guns/

The chief executive NRA said the video game industry was corrupt and violent.

Now EA is distancing themselves from gun manufactures, they're not going to bother licensing brand-name weapons and will just include them in game anyway.

Reply #67 Posted: May 09, 2013, 01:20:22 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Reply #68 Posted: May 13, 2013, 12:26:26 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Who cares about that story to be honest.

The real headliners are how Kate Upton broke into an A-list club and when Kate Middleton's baby is due.

The 2 stories that have been run as headline since the US shooting story broke.

Reply #69 Posted: May 13, 2013, 12:33:06 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

We need to bring god back to mothers day parades.

Reply #70 Posted: May 13, 2013, 12:35:20 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
Quote from: Retardobot;1525175
Who cares about that story to be honest.

The real headliners are how Kate Upton broke into an A-list club and when Kate Middleton's baby is due.

The 2 stories that have been run as headline since the US shooting story broke.

Or Aaron Gilmore, because everyone cares about a low backbench MP.. Sick of seeing him tbh.

Reply #71 Posted: May 13, 2013, 02:24:48 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1525183
Or Aaron Gilmore, because everyone cares about a low backbench MP.. Sick of seeing him tbh.

I've got passed that point with Gilmore, all I want to hear is the next stupid thing he's spouted.

Reply #72 Posted: May 13, 2013, 05:51:44 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1525174
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/8664979/Shoot-out-at-parade-in-US

And again...

all the good guys with guns must have been else where...

Reply #73 Posted: May 13, 2013, 08:08:00 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Well obviously there aren't enough guns in America and they need more then.
I know I always feel really safe when I see m16s carried by 19 year old civilians when I visit the West Bank.

Reply #74 Posted: May 13, 2013, 09:00:07 pm