Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Wait, so that's the ad? How the fuck is that in any way sexist?

If being a white male has taught me anything, it's that acceptance is all about getting really fucking upset over something tiny ON SOMEONE ELSES BEHALF.

If you're personally insulted, it doesn't count.

Reply #22650 Posted: May 28, 2015, 07:37:26 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Opinion piece that started it:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/opinion/68767499/massey-universitys-strange-new-advert

Her reply from facebook:
Dear Max Christofferson. This is your 'pixie vixen' replying. Whilst you have been writing few and varied editorials, trying your hand at journalism, which - by Waikato Times standards of being actually published are scarce, this one new piece you have written has gone from scathing opinions on international students, to a personal attack on myself as a student. You do not know me, nor do you know my story. You have ignored the age old rule of "never judge a book by its cover" and have allowed yourself to judge me solely on my looks, as opposed to my intelligence, personality and character. After some quick research I have discovered you yourself studied at Waikato, so you are also educated, however, you are over twice my age making your university experience most likely a lot different to mine. So, how are you so adaptly judging that people like myself are a mere fantasy, when have you yourself in fact traveled to the other universities in search to further your claims of the solidarity Massey University is 'portraying'. I AM a part of the New New Zealand. I AM real. Not that it matters but I am an above average student. I was in fact not the Universities first choice for this advert, however I was used as a last minute fill in based on my confidence and easy to work with nature. I ALSO had extremely little make up on in this photograph, half finished foundation to be precise.
University is evolving, students are changing, and perhaps if you were to step away from the games you seem to enjoy - judging by your use of language - you yourself would see that too. But what would I know? I'm just a stereotypical 'hot chick' with no real intelligence and use besides marketing ploys, why would my opinion matter?Your aim was to call Massey out on a sexist ad, but in doing so have shown your views to be outdated and sexist all on their own.
I would just like to say, I AM proud of this advert as well as the other versions of the 'I AM A' campaign produced by Tracta and Massey University. I was extremely comfortable and enjoyed the entire day spent creating this. Tracta are fantastically clever and I truly believe Massey have the best University ads in New Zealand, they are creative, fun and HARMLESS. You Sir are the only thing linking this ad to the word sexist.

He's fuckin' creepy.

What are Massey's strongest departments?

Reply #22651 Posted: May 28, 2015, 06:14:56 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Saw one of the ads today, of a guy swinging from a chandelier.

How come irresponsible student swinging from dangerous chandeliers doesn't cause a concern, but a student harmlessly walking on water causes a big fuss?
Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:15:49 pm by Sire NZ CH Spacemonkey

Reply #22652 Posted: May 28, 2015, 07:10:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Bounty and Monkey have hit the nail on the head.

1. The dude is fuckin' creepy and any concerns he might've been able to coherently present are made null and void via his inappropriate theme.

2. He single's out this particular ad purely because he sees it as an opportunity to soap box his overl sensitive, self-righteous morals.

Reply #22653 Posted: May 29, 2015, 08:50:23 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
This is how I imagine half the members of this board look ;)

Reply #22654 Posted: May 29, 2015, 06:42:35 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
This is how the majority of members of this board look ;)

Fixed

Reply #22655 Posted: May 29, 2015, 08:29:11 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Thx Lias

Reply #22656 Posted: May 29, 2015, 09:34:22 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
awesome

Reply #22657 Posted: May 30, 2015, 05:47:38 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Fucking infuriates me how vague IRD are with its tax return campaign. "Request a PTS in mid-May".

It is mid-May you jerks. Let me file my PTS.

I checked yesterday and was able to confirm mine.

Reply #22658 Posted: June 09, 2015, 10:56:27 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, I did yesterday as well.

Got all excited when I read that I had a tax credit for $600!

Then went on to read I was only getting refunded $36.

Thanks John Key, you reptilian looking maggot.

Reply #22659 Posted: June 09, 2015, 11:30:40 am

He probably spent your tax refund on his cat.

Your tax refund would be enough to pay Moonbeam's personal chef for one day.

Reply #22660 Posted: June 09, 2015, 11:42:29 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I owe them $300.. fuckers.

Reply #22661 Posted: June 09, 2015, 11:51:19 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

you know you can calculate all this on their site and then not submit a pts meaning you dont have to pay them..

Reply #22662 Posted: June 09, 2015, 11:52:56 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

you know you can calculate all this on their site and then not submit a pts meaning you dont have to pay them..

Yes, which is what I did, and didn't submit the PTS, but I wanted a refund so I could submit a PTS dammit.

Reply #22663 Posted: June 09, 2015, 01:10:29 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
He probably spent your tax refund on his cat.

Maybe he can get it some prosthetic legs too?

Reply #22664 Posted: June 09, 2015, 05:00:01 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
This is how I imagine half the members of this board look ;)

I'm going to build one of these. Pics in a week or so.

Reply #22665 Posted: June 10, 2015, 01:39:37 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So steam controller is 40 quid. What's it on NZD steam?

Reply #22666 Posted: June 11, 2015, 09:47:58 am

So steam controller is 40 quid. What's it on NZD steam?

Coming Soon
Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:54:00 am by Plain ol' Spacemonkey

Reply #22667 Posted: June 11, 2015, 09:52:06 am

Offline Pyromanik

Yeh same, but
Get yours before launch when you pre-order now
A limited quantity of orders will be shipped October 16th, weeks in advance of our official launch. Pre-order now and be among Steam Hardware’s first wave of users.

Reply #22668 Posted: June 11, 2015, 10:01:59 am

I can't see a price anyway on the page. Or any option to pre-order.

I though the price would be your soul.

Reply #22669 Posted: June 11, 2015, 10:12:49 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
I can't see a price anyway on the page. Or any option to pre-order.

I though the price would be your soul.

Sif that cheap!

Reply #22670 Posted: June 11, 2015, 11:55:47 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Reply #22671 Posted: June 11, 2015, 03:47:46 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Dr Woomanchu

A potatoe seemed cheap at first, but that is a fine potato

Reply #22672 Posted: June 11, 2015, 04:47:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Yeh, first gen tech always shit anyway.

The page is quite humerous how it says "Get yours before launch when you pre-order now", then continues to say in the very next sentence "A limited quantity of orders will be shipped" which basically means "give us lots of money now, and it's extremely likely you will receive jack fuck all before launch. Or after launch. Or for quite some time probably, I bet we've underestimated demand, as most pre-order type deals seem to go these days. Plus the tech will be crazy not quite as good as hyped, which we will fix for gen two, then finally make stable for gen three... where there will still be a backlog in demand."
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:44:58 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22673 Posted: June 12, 2015, 08:42:25 am

Codex

Lol I owe a lot more, dat rental

Reply #22674 Posted: June 13, 2015, 12:15:03 am