Topic: Best game reviews eva!

Offline Fakesound

• Addicted
  • Fakesound has no influence.
Quote from: Baffled;729833
Man the escapist site is hopeless, can never get onto it when the videos are uploaded... is it just me or does the site get hopelessly overloaded?

I get this. Very rarely loads for me.

Reply #175 Posted: June 06, 2008, 08:08:14 am
Add me on xfire: fakesound

Offline `Dirty Heathen

• Addicted
  • `Dirty Heathen has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;729552
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/75-Oblivion

I never liked Oblivion myself. Was far too much of a chore. They should have remade Morrowind instead

I enjoyed it for about 12 hours then suddenly I was over it and never touched it again.

Reply #176 Posted: June 06, 2008, 08:29:51 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
im still closing oblivion gate after oblivion gate...i pick it up for an hour or 2 every now and then...do the odd side mission

Reply #177 Posted: June 06, 2008, 12:35:14 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Fakesound

• Addicted
Anyone stay to watch the end of the oblivion review?

Quick movie preview I think... looks pretty random..

Reply #178 Posted: June 07, 2008, 11:08:48 am

Offline detonator7

• Just settled in
  • detonator7 has no influence.

Reply #179 Posted: June 19, 2008, 10:38:08 am
Silverstone SST-KL02B | Corsair HX-520W | Intel E8400 | Asus ATI EAH4850 | Supertalent DDR2 4GB | Asus P5Q PRO | Samsung DVD Drive | 640GB  1TB HDD

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: detonator7;738619
Haze
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/93-Haze

That was good. Nice dig at current FPS's too

Reply #180 Posted: June 20, 2008, 09:07:31 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline SittingDuck

• Addicted
  • SittingDuck has no influence.

Reply #181 Posted: June 26, 2008, 10:28:01 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #182 Posted: July 03, 2008, 11:07:09 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
it's more a pisstake of webcomics...

but i love the wee bit at the end in the credits

"Again. very much aware of the hypocrisy. thank you."

Reply #183 Posted: July 03, 2008, 11:37:12 am

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
  • brucewillis2 has no influence.
worse review to date. He should stick to games.

Reply #184 Posted: July 03, 2008, 01:55:43 pm

Offline Temp

• Addicted
  • Temp has no influence.
Do you write an online comic? I thought it was pretty funny.

Reply #185 Posted: July 03, 2008, 03:28:55 pm

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
nah I don't, just had fun with BF2 back in the days. He nailed the stereotypes but what does this mean? he's going to start reviewing books and movies as well? I reckon he should stick to games.

Reply #186 Posted: July 03, 2008, 03:48:36 pm

Offline Temp

• Addicted
  • Temp has no influence.
I think you missed the point it was a parody on people that write comics about games, nothing to do with BF2?

Have you seen Penny Arcade? AFAIK this is the original comic that took the piss out of things gaming, now there are a lot of comics that do the same but they're not really funny.

You say he nailed the stereo types, but he's taking the piss out of people who nail the stereotypes.

That's what I got from it anyway. Each to their own :)

Reply #187 Posted: July 03, 2008, 04:29:22 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
I cant even load the site anymore with ie or with ff3... sucks.

Reply #188 Posted: July 03, 2008, 05:00:57 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I think you have to reload a few times to get it to work.

Reply #189 Posted: July 03, 2008, 05:07:02 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
I have been reloading it for a month, how much longer?

Reply #190 Posted: July 03, 2008, 05:08:45 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Templar;748280
I think you missed the point it was a parody on people that write comics about games, nothing to do with BF2?

Have you seen Penny Arcade? AFAIK this is the original comic that took the piss out of things gaming, now there are a lot of comics that do the same but they're not really funny.

You say he nailed the stereo types, but he's taking the piss out of people who nail the stereotypes.

That's what I got from it anyway. Each to their own :)

Loved this video. He's already taken a stab at Webcomics(i.e Player vs Player) in a previous video. The ratio of good webcomics(like "The Order Of The Stick") to bad webcomics("The Noob") is massively skewed towards the bad end. Making fun of them probably does more harm then good since people will look up what is bad, announce that it is bad, email the maker about how bad it is and artificially inflate the creators aura of self-importance as they gleefully dispense bile at any genuine criticisms of their poor, poor attempts at humour.

HOWEVER

This kind of video isnt what people wait a week to watch. Its like the filler he despises so much in video games. Then again if you have the power to command peoples attention for 4 mins every week it might be a good idea to be a self-indulgent arse once in a while

.......maybe I should get in on this action

Edit: I liked the use of the word 'Shillelagh' too

Reply #191 Posted: July 03, 2008, 06:54:43 pm

Offline Raped_ByA_Spoon

• Addicted
  • Raped_ByA_Spoon has no influence.

Reply #192 Posted: July 10, 2008, 12:13:04 pm
Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
fuck you raped....i was on my way over here to post the latest yahtzee and you raped it off me!

wtf is up with the music? and the titles? its all...commercial...

Reply #193 Posted: July 10, 2008, 12:20:05 pm

Offline Fakesound

• Addicted
The site never works for me..

Reply #194 Posted: July 11, 2008, 05:33:50 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;752966
wtf is up with the music? and the titles? its all...commercial...

Roger that

And it was over-the-top too, which is very unusual

Reply #195 Posted: July 11, 2008, 10:01:34 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

Reply #196 Posted: July 17, 2008, 12:28:45 pm

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
that was a classic!

Reply #197 Posted: July 17, 2008, 05:54:25 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: brucewillis2;757511
that was a classic!

I didnt even know there was a movie or remake. Good review, but...yeah. Wasnt going to play the game anyway!

Reply #198 Posted: July 17, 2008, 09:31:33 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #199 Posted: July 24, 2008, 10:21:19 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>